Forums

Topic: Bravely Default: The Flying Fairy

Posts 461 to 480 of 828

Magikarp3

CanisWolfred wrote:

Damn, the sub-scenarios are pretty dark...

The Florem ones especially! It's only the bright art style that stopped them from being truly terrifying.

Especially DeRosa's. And especially Mephilia's.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

KittenKoder

CanisWolfred wrote:

KittenKoder wrote:

@CaviarMeths but those dragons kick my butt still. >.>

You know what they say, back to the ol' grind...

I love grinding for XP in this game too, that's new for me, usually most games bore me with the monotony. But in BE you get to find a lot of cool things unlocked as you gain XP then you get new toys to play with while unlocking new things. Finally got Agnes to master white mage, near mastering ninja for Edea, spell fencer for Tiz, and black mage for Ringabel. Ringabel is the coolest lech I have ever seen. lol

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Is it weird that the first job I mastered was Performer for Tiz?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Ralizah

I'm satisfied. Hard mode + leaving the encounter slider alone + not using Bravely Second is a suitably hardcore JRPG experience.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Rapido

@oninowon I actually find rebuilding the village easy even w/o constant streetpass as you can update your game everyday to get some nemesis and workers for the village. 3 at least, per day.

And yes, there is more to the combat than what shows on the surface, but @Tasuki can just choose a specific job to level up to the max and not change.

Unfortunately for me, as old school rpg goes, gotta get them all secrets.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

KittenKoder

CaviarMeths wrote:

Is it weird that the first job I mastered was Performer for Tiz?

Nope, performer has some nice support abilities, and I'd wager the higher level ones are probably awesome. Really, every job is awesome, in some way. Like the goup-cast all for black mage, mastered support ability.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

Magikarp3

Performer is a pretty awesome job! Being able to raise your entire party's P.atk by 50% can make lots of battles easier. Plus, Buff Up is perhaps the only permanent way to buff stats in battles.

So far the only jobs I don't like are Ranger (bland, situational skills) and Time Mage (feels like they got all the junk spells that Black and White didn't want). They also have the worst costumes. I'm surprised at how awesome the Red Mage class is in this game, too! Usually it's just a lame mashup of Black and White Magic but in this game the class has its own personality!

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

CaviarMeths

Jollykarp wrote:

Performer is a pretty awesome job! Being able to raise your entire party's P.atk by 50% can make lots of battles easier. Plus, Buff Up is perhaps the only permanent way to buff stats in battles.

So far the only jobs I don't like are Ranger (bland, situational skills) and Time Mage (feels like they got all the junk spells that Black and White didn't want). They also have the worst costumes. I'm surprised at how awesome the Red Mage class is in this game, too! Usually it's just a lame mashup of Black and White Magic but in this game the class has its own personality!

I dunno, I've found plenty of use for Time Mage. Second best buff class after Performer, I think (though an argument could be made for Spiritmaster). But yeah, I'm not fond of Ranger. Stats are pretty good, but the only real take-away skill from that class is Bow Lore, if for some reason you want to use a bow with a different class. If you're using a Lore skill anyway, I haven't really found a reason yet to use a bow over a spear or an axe. There aren't enough flying enemies in game to really justify using a bow, in my opinion.

Red Mage though, I dunno. Great in early and midgame, but cap of Lv4 spells really puts a limit on how effective they are in endgame. That, and with mediocre weapon and armor proficiencies, you pretty much have to use up one or two of your ability slots for a Lore skill. They aren't very effective as a physical attacker otherwise. Swords don't really cut it when you have lower Str than other physical classes. It does have really cool support abilities though. Worth a consideration for almost any class, just for those supports.

Speaking of weapon proficiencies, why on earth does Merchant have a natural S rank in spears lol? That would be my nominee for most useless class too. "Spend money to do damage more or less on par with regular attacks from a Thief or Knight." Uh, no thanks...

But More Money is a really cool support ability to use while grinding (and yes, it stacks).

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

devinias

These chapters are long!!! I am only on chapter 1, and I am nearly 15 hours in. Of course I am a slower gamer when it comes to RPGs.

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)
New 3DS owner!!! MH4U, Zelda:MM, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Persona Q
3DS FC: 4141-5006-6082

3DS Friend Code: 4141-5006-6082 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Spoony_Tech

devinias wrote:

These chapters are long!!! I am only on chapter 1, and I am nearly 15 hours in. Of course I am a slower gamer when it comes to RPGs.

You and me both. I just hit chapter 1 this morning and just over 15 hours. I might be a little overpowered though as my town is about 60% complete. Still don't have nearly enough money to buy anything but that's a good balance.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

devinias

Spoony_Tech wrote:

devinias wrote:

You and me both. I just hit chapter 1 this morning and just over 15 hours. I might be a little overpowered though as my town is about 60% complete. Still don't have nearly enough money to buy anything but that's a good balance.

Yeah my main shops are about fully leveled and my add on shops are over half way. At least I know what the cost for the weapons and armor will be before I waste it on some lower piece at a normal weapons shop.

devinias

Anyone else using sleep mode to max out their village? I haven't really turned my 3ds off for almost a week since I am constantly using the nights to build the 8 hour jobs in the village. Just wondering if I am using it too much?

Ralizah

Haha, the friend summoning system is so broke. Someone from my list summons an attack that does over 40,000 damage. I used it up quickly so that I wouldn't be tempted by it in the game's harder sections.

I switched the audio back over to English. It's actually surprisingly good. The crucial decision point for me was Spike Spencer voicing Ringabel. God, he just brings that smarm to life!

Edited on by Ralizah

CanisWolfred

Nothing like getting stuck on a boss that could wipe you out with one attack, only to switch up a few jobs, grind for 3 hours, then come back and kick that things butt in a few turns. Now on to chapter 3!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

Haha, the friend summoning system is so broke. Someone from my list summons an attack that does over 40,000 damage. I used it up quickly so that I wouldn't be tempted by it in the game's harder sections.

I switched the audio back over to English. It's actually surprisingly good. The crucial decision point for me was Spike Spencer voicing Ringabel. God, he just brings that smarm to life!

The four heroes yes the voices are pretty good. The rest however go from ok to laughable funny bad. For instance most of the males in the beginning sound constipated.

@devinias I actually never turn my system off anyways. I'm always in sleep mode.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

The four heroes yes the voices are pretty good. The rest however go from ok to laughable funny bad. For instance most of the males in the beginning sound constipated.

@devinias I actually never turn my system off anyways. I'm always in sleep mode.

I actually enjoyed the slightly cheesy delivery of the lines from enemy characters. Made them that much more enjoyable. Although I confess my game was on Japanese for most of the intro. I turned it back to English as soon as Ringabel showed up. So far so good.

CaviarMeths

I turned the English back on briefly when I did the Pirate job subquest. The guy who voices Barbarossa was pretty fun, but I dunno, the main cast just doesn't do it for me.

devinias

Anyone had good experience with the spell fencer?? Thought about putting edea on this job.

Edited on by devinias

CanisWolfred

devinias wrote:

Anyone had good experience with the spell fencer?? Thought about putting edea on this job.

Once it gets up there, it can be stronger than even the Black Mage in certain situations, and the Sword Magic ability is good for other classes, too.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

oninowon

I think the voice acting is well done. It certainly isn't bad enough that one must turn it off (or switch to Japanese). I loved the stuttering evil black mage. He was hilarious!

I defeated my first 10 level monster that appears in the town you're rebuilding. I had to use up all my special attacks + help from 3 outside friends.

I just got my 5th job which is the Merchant and the only thing useful seem to be the extra gold you get. If I used his other abilities, I would be bankrupt within minutes!

I haven't decided who should take the Thief class. I'm leaning towards the girl who switched sides but I want to continue her on the black mage path. ...but I left a couple of locked treasure chests behind...

oninowon

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic