Topic: Bravely Default: The Flying Fairy

Showing 421 to 440 of 749

AuthorMessage

Metroidlink

421. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

ferthepoet wrote:

Metroidlink wrote:

The game has one pre rendered cutscene and that's at the start of the game (i have not completed the game though but I have come to chapter 5)

Then what exactly makes it be 3 GB?

From what i'm hearing mostly uncompressed sound.

That sounds right, every character (expect npc in towns that are not important) have voice acting.

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

AuthorMessage

Navar

422. Posted:

I have been very much enjoying this game.

Does anyone want to trade friend codes?

I always "send" before I have a staff user use Rejuvenation, so I am always sending healing, and I usually send 2+ times per day.

I am looking for a couple of people with which I can ablink.

FC: 0645-7048-1995, I tend to drop healing when possible.

AuthorMessage

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

423. Posted:

Nintendo just announced a Hangout about Bravely Default:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c63p0cb98sceg03gdh8k4scf5do

Update: The event is actually being hosted by Best Buy (US retailer). Here's the description from the event page: "RSVP and join us to hear from the Nintendo team behind the highly anticipated Nintendo 3DS game, Bravely Default. We’ll also be joined by gaming bloggers and a Best Buy Blueshirt to give a first-hand account of the game."

Edited on by Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Put your analyst on danger money, baby.

AuthorMessage

BinaryFragger

424. Posted:

Canada Post is showing my copy of the game as "delivered". Woo hoo, can't wait to get home. I guess no sleeping tonight...

BinaryFragger

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7793-8308 | Nintendo Network ID: binaryfragger

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

425. Posted:

Four days of nearly solid play .... and I think I'm about halfway through it ... but I don't know yet. Anyhow, this game is certainly a nice return to the classic RPGs with a new look. I mean, the game's art is superb, some of the best video game art I have ever seen since the 3D era began. Each new location just looks great, they put some serious care into this game, a lot of effort.

The only problem I have, they had to edit some of the costumes for the North America release because ... well ... we are too sensitive over here. Seriously, I saw some of the original costumes of those edited .... can't, for the life of me, figure out what was so offensive about the originals.

Edit: More on what I think - http://kittenbytes.blogspot.com/2014/02/bravely-default-breat...

Edited on by KittenKoder

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

426. Posted:

IMO, a costume made almost entirely of string is just rediculous. At least they attempted to make it look less like fetish fuel...even though now it just looks like a costume made out of tightly-wound rope...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CaviarMeths

427. Posted:

oninowon wrote:

Has anyone reached a state where they mastered a Job? In the demo, it was 4th level. I'm wondering what level it is in the full version.

Max is 14 and the curve is pretty tremendous. Lv1-9 of a job grows in small amounts (up to 800 for Lv9) and then it just cranks up to 3500 for Lv10. It plateaus after that though. All together, each job takes 27,300 job points to master. You can master one in about 2 hours of grinding in Chapter 4.

Just started Chapter 5 and the story took a turn for the WTF. Still really digging it though. I stand by my initial impression that this game was as good as FF IV-VI.

Also, Tiz's Onion Knight costume is terrible lol. And I agree with @CanisWolfred that Edea's Western costume is better anyway. It actually looks like something that someone might wear.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

Courage is the magic that turns durrr into reherrdurr.

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

428. Posted:

@CanisWolfred and @CaviarMeths .... that wasn't the only one that changed. ;) I just think it's a silly thing to increase the delay for.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

429. Posted:

I never got how people could finish games so quickly. I started playing this two weeks ago and I'm still on Chapter 4 :/

Also, I really hated how in the demo, every skill was unique and useful in its own way and in the full game... a lot of non-demo skills are just passive buffs to stats and weapon proficiency. I mean c'mon, guys.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

430. Posted:

Jollykarp wrote:

I never got how people could finish games so quickly. I started playing this two weeks ago and I'm still on Chapter 4 :/

Also, I really hated how in the demo, every skill was unique and useful in its own way and in the full game... a lot of non-demo skills are just passive buffs to stats and weapon proficiency. I mean c'mon, guys.

Well ... filler is always present, but even a small buff can make a huge difference. That's part of the balance of the game, actually. The demo's skills and abilities are just a selection to give you a feel for how the game is played.

I love the weapon buff idea, it's great because your characters will rely on them, the difference between 1 hit and 3 hits is quite a bit of damage later on. Then five or ten hits .... can make the harder battles move faster.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

431. Posted:

CaviarMeths wrote:

oninowon wrote:

Has anyone reached a state where they mastered a Job? In the demo, it was 4th level. I'm wondering what level it is in the full version.

Max is 14 and the curve is pretty tremendous. Lv1-9 of a job grows in small amounts (up to 800 for Lv9) and then it just cranks up to 3500 for Lv10. It plateaus after that though. All together, each job takes 27,300 job points to master. You can master one in about 2 hours of grinding in Chapter 4.

Just started Chapter 5 and the story took a turn for the WTF. Still really digging it though. I stand by my initial impression that this game was as good as FF IV-VI.

Also, Tiz's Onion Knight costume is terrible lol. And I agree with @CanisWolfred that Edea's Western costume is better anyway. It actually looks like something that someone might wear.

Well 86 the idea of waiting to change my jobs till i max it out lol! I still have 3 freelancers, 2 level 4 and one level 3 lol. That will have to change and definitely thanks for this post otherwise i'd be stuck forever trying to level those up!

Also FF IV and VI are my first and second favorite FF games........that's a bold statement and one i believe this game can achieve!

One last thing, i'm sure glad i found the auto battle button. The game hasn't told me there was one yet. Anybody know you can also hold down the right trigger and make everyone default? Not sure if that's in the game as well but i wish it would tell us sooner if it is!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

432. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Well 86 the idea of waiting to change my jobs till i max it out lol! I still have 3 freelancers, 2 level 4 and one level 3 lol. That will have to change and definitely thanks for this post otherwise i'd be stuck forever trying to level those up!

Also FF IV and VI are my first and second favorite FF games........that's a bold statement and one i believe this game can achieve!

Yeah, you have to find that balance for leveling the jobs. Focusing on only one until it's mastered is generally a waste. :P

AuthorMessage

CaviarMeths

433. Posted:

It doesn't take too long to get a job to Lv9, but your stat window lies. They don't completely top out until you master a job. A Lv14 Ninja or Pirate or whatever hits a lot harder than a Lv9 one. Plus some of those higher level support skills are pretty amazing. Group-Cast All, the Lv14 Black Mage skill, is incredible useful for my healer.

But yeah, it's better to spread it out a bit earlier in the game. It's not worth mastering jobs until Chapter 4, in my opinion.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

434. Posted:

So I found out that the first Sub-Scenario should be done towards the end of Chapter 1, not as soon as they bring it up. That was 3 hours of nothing that I just went to trying to get to a boss fight that I just could not win.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CaviarMeths

435. Posted:

Holy crap @ these dragons you have to fight for the Lord DeRosso subquest. My party is Lv73 and they're giving me a really rough time.

Hits whole party for 4-5k damage and inflicts stop? Really? -_-

5 down 1 to go though. Can't imagine how tough the boss himself is going to be if his guardians are this ridiculous.

AuthorMessage

Rapido

436. Posted:

Can someone please add me? T_T. I'll add back. I'm currently online. THANKS! My friend code below.

Edited on by Rapido

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

437. Posted:

Rapido wrote:

Can someone please add me? T_T. I'll add back. I'm currently online. THANKS! My friend code below.

Yeah ill add ya.

Lol I've got like 10 upgrade projects going on in my town all in the 4 to 7 hour range. I guess tonight ill get a ton of new stuff!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Navar

438. Posted:

Spoony_Tech and Rapido, I added both of you, can you please add me back.

My code is below, and I almost send healing.

FC: 0645-7048-1995, I tend to drop healing when possible.

AuthorMessage

Rapido

439. Posted:

@Spoony_Tech @Navar, I've added both of you. Thanks guys.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

440. Posted:

@Navar @Rapido You guys do know we have a topic for this?! You might get more friends that way.

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/online_gaming/bravely_defa...

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech