Forums

Topic: Bravely Default: The Flying Fairy

Posts 421 to 440 of 828

KittenKoder

Four days of nearly solid play .... and I think I'm about halfway through it ... but I don't know yet. Anyhow, this game is certainly a nice return to the classic RPGs with a new look. I mean, the game's art is superb, some of the best video game art I have ever seen since the 3D era began. Each new location just looks great, they put some serious care into this game, a lot of effort.

The only problem I have, they had to edit some of the costumes for the North America release because ... well ... we are too sensitive over here. Seriously, I saw some of the original costumes of those edited .... can't, for the life of me, figure out what was so offensive about the originals.

Edit: More on what I think - http://kittenbytes.blogspot.com/2014/02/bravely-default-breat...

Edited on by KittenKoder

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

IMO, a costume made almost entirely of string is just rediculous. At least they attempted to make it look less like fetish fuel...even though now it just looks like a costume made out of tightly-wound rope...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CaviarMeths

oninowon wrote:

Has anyone reached a state where they mastered a Job? In the demo, it was 4th level. I'm wondering what level it is in the full version.

Max is 14 and the curve is pretty tremendous. Lv1-9 of a job grows in small amounts (up to 800 for Lv9) and then it just cranks up to 3500 for Lv10. It plateaus after that though. All together, each job takes 27,300 job points to master. You can master one in about 2 hours of grinding in Chapter 4.

Just started Chapter 5 and the story took a turn for the WTF. Still really digging it though. I stand by my initial impression that this game was as good as FF IV-VI.

Also, Tiz's Onion Knight costume is terrible lol. And I agree with @CanisWolfred that Edea's Western costume is better anyway. It actually looks like something that someone might wear.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Magikarp3

I never got how people could finish games so quickly. I started playing this two weeks ago and I'm still on Chapter 4 :/

Also, I really hated how in the demo, every skill was unique and useful in its own way and in the full game... a lot of non-demo skills are just passive buffs to stats and weapon proficiency. I mean c'mon, guys.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

KittenKoder

Jollykarp wrote:

I never got how people could finish games so quickly. I started playing this two weeks ago and I'm still on Chapter 4 :/

Also, I really hated how in the demo, every skill was unique and useful in its own way and in the full game... a lot of non-demo skills are just passive buffs to stats and weapon proficiency. I mean c'mon, guys.

Well ... filler is always present, but even a small buff can make a huge difference. That's part of the balance of the game, actually. The demo's skills and abilities are just a selection to give you a feel for how the game is played.

I love the weapon buff idea, it's great because your characters will rely on them, the difference between 1 hit and 3 hits is quite a bit of damage later on. Then five or ten hits .... can make the harder battles move faster.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog

Spoony_Tech

CaviarMeths wrote:

oninowon wrote:

Has anyone reached a state where they mastered a Job? In the demo, it was 4th level. I'm wondering what level it is in the full version.

Max is 14 and the curve is pretty tremendous. Lv1-9 of a job grows in small amounts (up to 800 for Lv9) and then it just cranks up to 3500 for Lv10. It plateaus after that though. All together, each job takes 27,300 job points to master. You can master one in about 2 hours of grinding in Chapter 4.

Just started Chapter 5 and the story took a turn for the WTF. Still really digging it though. I stand by my initial impression that this game was as good as FF IV-VI.

Also, Tiz's Onion Knight costume is terrible lol. And I agree with @CanisWolfred that Edea's Western costume is better anyway. It actually looks like something that someone might wear.

Well 86 the idea of waiting to change my jobs till i max it out lol! I still have 3 freelancers, 2 level 4 and one level 3 lol. That will have to change and definitely thanks for this post otherwise i'd be stuck forever trying to level those up!

Also FF IV and VI are my first and second favorite FF games........that's a bold statement and one i believe this game can achieve!

One last thing, i'm sure glad i found the auto battle button. The game hasn't told me there was one yet. Anybody know you can also hold down the right trigger and make everyone default? Not sure if that's in the game as well but i wish it would tell us sooner if it is!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

KittenKoder

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Well 86 the idea of waiting to change my jobs till i max it out lol! I still have 3 freelancers, 2 level 4 and one level 3 lol. That will have to change and definitely thanks for this post otherwise i'd be stuck forever trying to level those up!

Also FF IV and VI are my first and second favorite FF games........that's a bold statement and one i believe this game can achieve!

Yeah, you have to find that balance for leveling the jobs. Focusing on only one until it's mastered is generally a waste.

CaviarMeths

It doesn't take too long to get a job to Lv9, but your stat window lies. They don't completely top out until you master a job. A Lv14 Ninja or Pirate or whatever hits a lot harder than a Lv9 one. Plus some of those higher level support skills are pretty amazing. Group-Cast All, the Lv14 Black Mage skill, is incredible useful for my healer.

But yeah, it's better to spread it out a bit earlier in the game. It's not worth mastering jobs until Chapter 4, in my opinion.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CanisWolfred

So I found out that the first Sub-Scenario should be done towards the end of Chapter 1, not as soon as they bring it up. That was 3 hours of nothing that I just went to trying to get to a boss fight that I just could not win.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CaviarMeths

Holy crap @ these dragons you have to fight for the Lord DeRosso subquest. My party is Lv73 and they're giving me a really rough time.

Hits whole party for 4-5k damage and inflicts stop? Really? -_-

5 down 1 to go though. Can't imagine how tough the boss himself is going to be if his guardians are this ridiculous.

Rapido

Can someone please add me? T_T. I'll add back. I'm currently online. THANKS! My friend code below.

Edited on by Rapido

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

Spoony_Tech

Rapido wrote:

Can someone please add me? T_T. I'll add back. I'm currently online. THANKS! My friend code below.

Yeah ill add ya.

Lol I've got like 10 upgrade projects going on in my town all in the 4 to 7 hour range. I guess tonight ill get a ton of new stuff!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Navar

Spoony_Tech and Rapido, I added both of you, can you please add me back.

My code is below, and I almost send healing.

FC: 0645-7048-1995, I tend to drop healing when possible.

Rapido

@Spoony_Tech @Navar, I've added both of you. Thanks guys.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

Spoony_Tech

@Navar @Rapido You guys do know we have a topic for this?! You might get more friends that way.

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/online_gaming/bravely_defa...

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Rapido

LOL, Didn't know, just searched for an ongoing topic for BD: FF and found this one first. Anyway, awesome game, next game i'm going to invest lots of time after SMT IV and LoZ ALBW.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

Tasuki

So I have to ask since I am on the fence with this one is this an RPG that is similar to old school RPGs like SNES Final Fantasy series? The reason I ask is cause I just want a nice relaxing RPG I dont want to have to time hits to do combos to attack or have to do extreme crafting mini games to get the best gear. (the town building or whatever it is that you need friend codes doesn't bother me) but I want something thats pretty simple battle wise. Basically something that isn't going to feel like a chore.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Spoony_Tech

@Tasuki Its as traditional as it gets. This is old school meets new in a good way! Battle system is quite simple actually and although it's new all it really does for the most part is add turns if you default. There's a bit more to it but there are many ways to attack. If it's FF you're trying to recapture then you can't go wrong here. Even some of the battle music is still the same as FF. Great game and one of the most beautiful games to grace the system!

MERG said:

Rapido

@Tasuki , The answer is YES! Simple turn based RPG where you can control the difficulty and the encounter rate. Good for grind heavy users and new to the genre alike.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic