Forums

Topic: Bravely Default: The Flying Fairy

Posts 341 to 360 of 828

KittenKoder

@JollyKarp, the difficulty in finding it is also a side effect of Nintendo, and other publishers, not releasing as many physical copies now. Sadly, it's a new trend that seems to be fueled by a lot of gamers begging for more DLC and the like, but meh. I am hoping other companies take the initiative to make the physical copies themselves and fill the market demand better, here I have to pre-order anything I want in a physical copy.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

I like being pleasantly surprised.

I'm not sure what surprises me more, that they felt a new IP JRPG was worthy of tv ads, or that they acknowledged the battle system despite it being impossible to sound fun to non-RPG fans.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

Nintendo has been pretty decent with RPGs at time. Fire Emblem got a pretty bug marketing push, and I remember Dragon Quest IX getting one as well

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

J-Murdock

It seem all of Gamestop are no longer taking pre-order for the Collector's Editions in store. However, i was able secured a copy online via @Gamestop. Total came out to be a little over $63 US dollars. So with that in mind,

I hope the game turn out great. Fingers crossed.

Edited on by J-Murdock

Friend Code: #0275-8553-7840

TysonOfTime

Hey, can someone tell me about the 'second half' of the game? I've heard there's something there that really hurts the game.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Magikarp3

TysonOfTime wrote:

Hey, can someone tell me about the 'second half' of the game? I've heard there's something there that really hurts the game.

I'm going to put it in a spoiler tag. I'll keep the story spoilers to a minimum though.

You have to refight bosses. Many, many times.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

TysonOfTime

Would you say that affects the quality of the game?

KittenKoder

I can't wait to be bravely by default! >.> Time moving too slow.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog

Metroidlink

Jollykarp wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

I'm going to put it in a spoiler tag. I'll keep the story spoilers to a minimum though.

many many times? I would say one-two times more

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

Magikarp3

Metroidlink wrote:

Jollykarp wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

many many times? I would say one-two times more

I think it's four times that you refight nearly every boss in the game, although some of them are grouped together so they're slightly different. Perhaps what annoyed reviewers is that they don't actually add to the plot that much, but you do need to do them all for 100% completion.

No, I don't really think it affects the quality of the game. It does get fatiguing after a while, but it's less irksome than what I've gone through in some other JRPG's.

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

TysonOfTime

Uhh, I read up about it. I'll be so un-compelled to finish once I got there I'd feel bad. So I think I'll skip over this game for now.

My backlog sighs in releif.

Maelstrom

For the people who have played this game so far: My mom can be slightly paranoid about games, so is there a large amount of objectionable content? FE: Awakening is a good reference point. And secondly, is there a large amount of weird japanese religious stuff, or is that considerably less than the average jrog?

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

Metroidlink

I don't think there is much objectionable content (I may be wrong) but I have understood the plot and all the dialog fine without knowledge of japanese religious stuff

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
The metrologgery

RR529

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I like being pleasantly surprised.

I'm not sure what surprises me more, that they felt a new IP JRPG was worthy of tv ads, or that they acknowledged the battle system despite it being impossible to sound fun to non-RPG fans.

Yeah, I came here just to say I was surprised (in a good way) to see an ad for this on Adult Swim.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Magikarp3

Maelstrom wrote:

For the people who have played this game so far: My mom can be slightly paranoid about games, so is there a large amount of objectionable content? FE: Awakening is a good reference point. And secondly, is there a large amount of weird japanese religious stuff, or is that considerably less than the average jrog?

It's possible to make parallels between this game's lore and Christianity, as with nearly all other Final Fantasy games. Some players might see it as somewhat... hostile to their theism. You'll fight spirits and demons and the game's story can get very dark, but not much of that is made explicit graphically though.

Edited on by Magikarp3

KittenKoder

Maelstrom wrote:

I will say this once: Your mom needs to grow up a bit.

The reason I say that, "weird japanese religious stuff" is pretty racist. All religions are weird, because mythology is not based on reality, it's fantasy. As for "objectionable," well, everything in games is objectionable, because what offends someone is inherently subjective. The game has a clear line between "good" and "evil," and the player characters are on the side of "good."

As for nudity, if you find that sort of content objectionable, there is almost none. The outfits most characters have cover almost everything. There are no bouncing boobs or crotch bulges, and no sexual content. Actually, the outfits for the player characters are really awesome, very artistic and beautifully crated.

Monsters are clearly monsters, their intent is to destroy. There are no references to drug use, that I had seen, and the closest to criminal activity for the player is the name of the classes they used, like thief or assassin.

Honestly, if you can find something to be offended by in the game, you're looking too hard.

Edited on by KittenKoder

Metroidlink

KittenKoder wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

I will say this once: Your mom needs to grow up a bit.

The reason I say that, "weird japanese religious stuff" is pretty racist. All religions are weird, because mythology is not based on reality, it's fantasy. As for "objectionable," well, everything in games is objectionable, because what offends someone is inherently subjective. The game has a clear line between "good" and "evil," and the player characters are on the side of "good."

As for nudity, if you find that sort of content objectionable, there is almost none. The outfits most characters have cover almost everything. There are no bouncing boobs or crotch bulges, and no sexual content. Actually, the outfits for the player characters are really awesome, very artistic and beautifully crated.

Monsters are clearly monsters, their intent is to destroy. There are no references to drug use, that I had seen, and the closest to criminal activity for the player is the name of the classes they used, like thief or assassin.

Honestly, if you can find something to be offended by in the game, you're looking too hard.

The line between good and evil is actually kind of weird IMO becuase of some mid-story elements, if you played to chapter 5 you know what I mean

Edited on by Metroidlink

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
The metrologgery

KittenKoder

Metroidlink wrote:

The line between good and evil is actually kind of weird IMO becuase of some mid-story elements, if you played to chapter 5 you know what I mean

Well, the point I was making is that the players are on the side of "good," because, let's face it, "good" and "evil" are completely subjective anyway. What I meant is that, unlike GTA, it's clear that the player characters are intended to be the force of "good" not "evil" in the game. They are trying to make things "right," basically, and not trying to destroy the world or some other commonly agreed on "evil" act.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic