Forums

Topic: Bravely Default: The Flying Fairy

Posts 301 to 320 of 828

default01

Jamouse wrote:

@default01
you'll get an item pretty early on called D's notebook which will allow you to watch all the cut scenes again in whatever language you've set the game in.

Thanks, I received the item and was able to re-watch the opening movies in Japanese with English subtitles.

Man, the game seems to be incredibly difficult (I'm playing it in normal difficulty).

I played Chrono Trigger last year on the DS and this game is on another level in terms of difficulty.

default01

default01

I've set Agnes to be a White Mage (HP and poison healer), and I'm making better use of the default and brave abilities (the default ability increases both physical and magical defense, while also increasing the number of times you can use the brave ability). I'm now finding the game to be significantly easier (still more difficult than Chrono Trigger however).

default01

CanisWolfred

default01 wrote:

Jamouse wrote:

@default01
you'll get an item pretty early on called D's notebook which will allow you to watch all the cut scenes again in whatever language you've set the game in.

Thanks, I received the item and was able to re-watch the opening movies in Japanese with English subtitles.

Man, the game seems to be incredibly difficult (I'm playing it in normal difficulty).

I played Chrono Trigger last year on the DS and this game is on another level in terms of difficulty.

I can imagine so, seeing as Chrono Trigger was for the most part one of the easiest RPGs out there, while Bravely Default is supposed to be harder than your average RPG.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

2 questions, you may not be able to answer because judging JRPGs before the halfway point is often not ideal:
1. Is the english dub as meh-to-bad as previously heard?
2. Is it actually as good as expected (or at least close)? Specifically in terms of combat and story.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Metroidlink

Is this game's opening as hard as the demo was? If so then what the hell is this difficulty?! I played on normal and got a game over screen on my first match :I

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

Magikarp3

Metroidlink wrote:

Is this game's opening as hard as the demo was? If so then what the hell is this difficulty?! I played on normal and got a game over screen on my first match :I

Were your party all set to Freelancer? At the start of the game, Freelancers have no damaging or defensive skills and the worst stats out of all the classes. Also, getting a little equipment from the town first really makes it easier.

Once you figure out the combos to get around the high encounter difficulty, you'll be having a lot more fun. And it just gets harder from here - enemy skills get more devious too and can make battles go on for huge lengths of time if you let them.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Xyphon22

During the National Streetpass Weekend I got a streetpass from someone in Spain, and this was the game they had been playing. I was very jealous.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Henmii

Have you guys also encountered this strange glitch? In the second dungeon (the one with the black mage) sometimes the screen starts flashing red and you hear a strange sound! They are really short flashes. You don't encounter them during fights, and when you go back to the worldmap the flashes are still there! And also in Caldisla. But as soon as you have rested in the inn, the problem is solved! I hope that this glitch won't become any worse and that it doesn't have a bad effect on the game/3DS! By the way: I have the European version.

Henmii

Metroidlink

I have a question about the friends system, do I have to register friends who have BD in order to let them be my slaves?

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
The metrologgery

S4ndm4n

Hi guys
I have a question about building up sp points. I've put the 3ds on sleep mode for more than 8 hours but I haven't built up any sp points. Is there some requirent to be on the pause menu or something to build sp points?
Thanks

S4ndm4n

Spoony_Tech

Thanks Canis, I'm game since it can be hype for the demo on Thursday! Can't wait!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RevolverLink

Oh wow, I'd totally forgotten that the demo was dropping this week!

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Metroidlink

If you get the same demo as we europeans got you will get around 30 hours of waiting and gameplay

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
The metrologgery

Metroidlink

CanisWolfred wrote:

Metroidlink wrote:

If you get the same demo as we europeans got you will get around 30 hours of waiting and gameplay

We're not getting the same demo. Ours has more content.

30 hours+? Well that is great! Just hope it has as many play amounts as ours ours had 30 plays

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
The metrologgery

MysticSheep

Oh man I'm excited for this game! :'D I've been hyped up for MONTHS! xD I can't wait to play the demo~!

@CanisWolfred - Are you sure there is more content than the European version? Do you have a source for this info? I haven't seen anything saying that. (( It's not that I don't believe you, it's just I'm a little bit skeptical! D': ))

Speaking of the demo- does anyone know what time it will be available tomorrow? In Eastern Timezone? I'm hoping early afternoon at the latest.

MysticSheep

Jamouse

Henmii wrote:

Have you guys also encountered this strange glitch? In the second dungeon (the one with the black mage) sometimes the screen starts flashing red and you hear a strange sound! They are really short flashes. You don't encounter them during fights, and when you go back to the worldmap the flashes are still there! And also in Caldisla. But as soon as you have rested in the inn, the problem is solved! I hope that this glitch won't become any worse and that it doesn't have a bad effect on the game/3DS! By the way: I have the European version.

It's not a glitch.

Someone in your party has been poisoned :/

Jamouse

Spoony_Tech

MysticSheep wrote:

Oh man I'm excited for this game! :'D I've been hyped up for MONTHS! xD I can't wait to play the demo~!

@CanisWolfred - Are you sure there is more content than the European version? Do you have a source for this info? I haven't seen anything saying that. (( It's not that I don't believe you, it's just I'm a little bit skeptical! D': ))

Speaking of the demo- does anyone know what time it will be available tomorrow? In Eastern Timezone? I'm hoping early afternoon at the latest.

Watch the last Nintendo Direct. It said it there that we have more content. We will be able streetpass with the demo for starts.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

MysticSheep wrote:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12/bravely_default_nort...
Here you go.

And the demo will be available at noon EST, just like everything else on the eShop that's not a retail game.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic