Forums

Topic: Bravely Default: The Flying Fairy

Posts 221 to 240 of 828

ThePirateCaptain

As much as I dislike micro-transactions, this is a very unobtrusive instance. It really shouldn't affect the game as a whole, it's just something to help player who are stuck. If people want to miss out on amazing game just because of that, it's their loss. That's like boycotting Super Mario 3D World just because it has the White Tanooki leaf in it.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

SomeBitTripFan

I might hold off purchasing it, depending on how much money and time I have. Still looks to be good, and the improvements Canis mentioned seem nice, but I won't give a single dollar for that "pay or wait to win" move, besides, that would take all the fun out of killing a hard boss. To everyone boycotting the game, buy it, just don't pay for the microtransactions, then you can get both points across.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

RevolverLink

I'm not a fan of the micro-transaction news, but I'll still be getting the game. As long as it doesn't affect the balance of the game at all and can be safely ignored, I'm not going to get worked up about it.

However, if micro-transactions are pervasive in Bravely Default (and, thankfully, it doesn't sound like that is the case), I will effectively be done with Square-Enix. This game may be something of a trial from publishers to see whether gamers will still buy JRPGs, but for me, it's also a trial to see whether SE is still worthy of my money.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

MoogleMuffins

I never even heard of this but after looking it up I decided to pre-order the collector's edition yesterday. Looked to good to resist.

I've been dying to play a JRPG again which reminds me of Final Fantasy, when I enjoyed them the most. When I saw footage of the battle system I was sold on it straight away. Like @RevolverLink above me though, this is also a trial to see if Square Enix is worth my money. I've pretty much given up hope on Final Fantasy, it's gone completely down hill since X. But there still maybe hope for other games that they develop.

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

ThePirateCaptain

The game just got a release window between January and March of 2014 for those like me who live in NA. I'm just glad we won't have to wait that much longer to play it!

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Spoony_Tech

I've got more then enough to play till then so no hurry for me! It should land right when I'm looking for a new game to play!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Warruz

Is there any mention of allowing Japanese Voice overs with subtitles with the US Version?

Game Industry News; Discussed and Debated - Pauseyourgame.com

Twitter:

RevolverLink

Warruz wrote:

Is there any mention of allowing Japanese Voice overs with subtitles with the US Version?

Yes, there will be an option to switch between the English and Japanese voice acting.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

CanisWolfred

Warruz wrote:

It's been explicitly mentioned throughout every trailer that has voice acting.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MoogleMuffins

Jesus. I didn't really pay attention to the English voice acting, looks like I'll be swapping to Japanese audio for this one.

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

Spoony_Tech

If that special edition comes are way i'd pay 50-60$ for it! If not then ill just dl it!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Pianomanfreak wrote:

Speaking of voice acting I would like to know who does the voice for Tez. Reason his voice sounds filimiliar.

Who is Tez?

EDIT: Did you mean Tiz? I think it's someone pretty new to Voice acting. Some people think its Bryce Papenbrook, but I don't hear it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RevolverLink

Now that we know it's coming to North America, I'll be sorely tempted to get the collector's edition when this game releases (February 7th!).

Assuming I have the necessary disposable income, of course.

The Revloggery

shingi_70

Hmm I really only the special edition for the soundtrack.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Spoony_Tech

This game looks so good I can't wait. Looks like Square is back!! Special edition for me but man I wish it was the same SE EU got!

MERG said:

Marakuto

I'm played the demo earlier and playing it again, I like the game's interface and it looks easy to access once you fiddle around with the controls. Plus content from the demo can be transferred over to the full game which is mentioned at the start and the menu makes it easy to choose what options you would like to utilize such as monster encounter rate, EXP earning, cash earning etc. which is pretty neat. I'll be able to get the full version soon.

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals ...

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

Spoony_Tech

Marakuto wrote:

choose what options you would like to utilize such as monster encounter rate, EXP earning, cash earning etc.

I'm not sure I like the sound of that! Sounds like way to much control to me. I hope its limited. Say if you increase the experience you also make the monster twice or three times as hard. Who's to say you just can't max all that out?

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic