Forums

Topic: Bravely Default: The Flying Fairy

Posts 201 to 220 of 828

Ralizah

The audio balance in the U.S. trailer is much better than in the U.K. trailer. It's actually... not that bad. I'll still most likely be taking advantage of the Japanese voice language option, though.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

kkslider5552000

considering how much I liked the English voice acting in Xenoblade, this is underwhelming. :/

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

I hope a demo comes out for this game... I also hope we get a Rune Factroy 4 demo....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Ralizah

Europe is getting a pre-order bonus artbook along with some sort of SE version of the game. God I hope NA gets a SE option and pre-order bonus item as well!

CaviarMeths

kkslider5552000 wrote:

considering how much I liked the English voice acting in Xenoblade, this is underwhelming. :/

Voice acting as an industry in America just doesn't seem as celebrated as other regions, at least for dubbing. There are some very talented voice actors in America, such as Frank Welker, Nolan North, and Mark Hamill, but most American publishers of Japanese games seem content with just getting merely adequate dubbing. Xenoblade's was good because it didn't have an American dubbing. It has a European one.

Really a shame.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

RevolverLink

Yeah, the voices all sound compressed, and on top of that the English voice acting itself doesn't sound especially good. Looks like I'll be playing this with the Japanese vocal track.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Spoony_Tech

Not sure if its my phone or your link but I can't see it! Either way EU often gets stuff we don't as far as SE go! Here's to hoping!

Ok never mind. I switched to desktop version and can see it now! Really nice! Would make me go retail for sure!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Not sure if its my phone or your link but I can't see it! Either way EU often gets stuff we don't as far as SE go! Here's to hoping!

It's on Nintendo Life now as well, so maybe you can see it on here. Either way, the fact that Nintendo is the one publishing this gives me hope that maybe NA will get the Deluxe Edition as well. It looks cool. Agnes figurine, OST in an actual jewel case, a decent quality artbook, and 34 AR cards, all in what appears to be a really large box.

Spoony_Tech

It looks super cool and didn't realize Nintendo was localizing it!we might just get it afterall!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

It looks super cool and didn't realize Nintendo was localizing it!we might just get it afterall!

Yeah, SE wasn't planning on releasing it overseas. -_- Thankfully Nintendo realized what a mistake that would be, what with all of the Western interest in the game, and stepped in. Hopefully this pays off for them. For my part, if a Deluxe Edition is released in the States, I know I'll be buying that version.

dniw9

oh. my. god. that Deluxe edition. WANT!

Friend code: 4699-6452-7043
Pokemon In-game name: Relentless
Friend Safari: Fire Type (Larvesta, Magmar, Braixen)
Current team: Bisharp, Azumarill, Donphan, Volcarona, x, x
Recently playing: Pokemon Y
To be played: Virtues Last Reward
Most Anticipated Game: ...

CanisWolfred

Ugh, people being ticked at the whole Microtransaction thing, to the point of actively refusing to buy the game, is yet another reason for me to hate humanity. Lets be clear here, this in no way effects the actual gameplay. It's already been said that it'll take half the time to beat the game, so I doubt they made the game harder just to force people to pay to win. At the very least, it should be much faster to grind thanks to faster battles and changeable encounter rates. Bravely Second is a completely optional Instant Win button that can be used at least once a day even without paying, they're simply offering a quick alternative to those who don't want to grind - an alternateive amongst many others. There's seriously nothing to get upset about here.

And worst of all, there are people who understand that all perfectly, but still have to boycott it out of principle. Well, guess what, if Bravely Default fails because too many people boycott it, the only thing that will change is there'll be no more Bravely Defaults out west, and we won't get that old-school-style Final Fantasy we always wanted because that's not what sells. But if everyone just doesn't pay for the Microtransactions, but the game still sells well, then maybe they might get the hint and stop wasting their time with that kind of stuff. I'm just saying, those guys are fighting the wrong battle.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

8BitSamurai

I am boycotting it from principle, and if it means we might miss out on a localization or two, so be it, it's better than supporting microtransactions to me. (And keep in mind, this is my favorite genre hands down.)

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

CanisWolfred

8BitSamurai wrote:

I am boycotting it from principle, and if it means we might miss out on a localization or two, so be it, it's better than supporting microtransactions to me. (And keep in mind, this is my favorite genre hands down.)

So everyone else should suffer because of your principles? You're fine with that? Screw you man. I'm done with you.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

8BitSamurai

CanisWolfred wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

So everyone else should suffer because of your principles? You're fine with that? Screw you man. I'm done with you.

Say what you will, I'm a consumer, and I don't support these practices. I'm sorry, but I won't buy games so other people can buy games.

Edit: I don't remember being offensive, at least I sure wasn't trying. But if that's what you want I'll leave it at that.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Spoony_Tech

I also think its stupid for anyone not to buy the game just because of this! Of course I've already stated that a few times in the news articles. Its something availible in game without the use of spending money. Its pointless to boycott the game or company for this. Just don't buy the microtransaction! Dumb to think people will miss this game just because its there and not support localization. I can only see this as a problem if the company knows that the bosses are so hard it becomes a greater temptaion to purchases the dlc!

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic