Forums

Topic: Bravely Default: The Flying Fairy

Posts 141 to 160 of 828

Oregano

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I thought so. Even 2-3 weeks after the game came out, its was still being sold out in most stores I went to. I've not seen a game sell like this (of course, other than games like Animal Crossing or a Mario game, or Monster Hunter) in a long time.

And guys, come on. A game doesn't get localized right away and people turn into some of the most pessimistic crazies everywhere. Just please wait, there's plenty of great games coming out of Japan to the west right now. Bravely Default will have its turn, just not yet. Please enjoy games like Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion 2, Monster Hunter 3G, Demon Training, Etrian Odyssey IV, Soul Hackers, and all the other great games that are coming out while you wait.

Eh, I'm feeling uneasy about it. Square Enix has shown that they're not afraid to leave a successful game in Japan and they've commented multiple times in the past that they had no plans for a western release. The only reason I remain hopeful now is that Iwata said he aims to assist third parties in the localisation of 3DS games. Bravely Default would be a prime candidate for it and Nintendo has a history of publishing Square Enix games in the west.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

CanisWolfred

Oregano wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I thought so. Even 2-3 weeks after the game came out, its was still being sold out in most stores I went to. I've not seen a game sell like this (of course, other than games like Animal Crossing or a Mario game, or Monster Hunter) in a long time.

And guys, come on. A game doesn't get localized right away and people turn into some of the most pessimistic crazies everywhere. Just please wait, there's plenty of great games coming out of Japan to the west right now. Bravely Default will have its turn, just not yet. Please enjoy games like Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion 2, Monster Hunter 3G, Demon Training, Etrian Odyssey IV, Soul Hackers, and all the other great games that are coming out while you wait.

Eh, I'm feeling uneasy about it. Square Enix has shown that they're not afraid to leave a successful game in Japan and they've commented multiple times in the past that they had no plans for a western release.

They've left games that have no chance of selling outside Japan in Japan. Which I don't think Bravely Default is. And no plans for a western release means nothing. It just means "we're not ready to say either way yet." Nothing more.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Oregano

CanisWolfred wrote:

They've left games that have no chance of selling outside Japan in Japan. Which I don't think Bravely Default is. And no plans for a western release means nothing. It just means "we're not ready to say either way yet." Nothing more.

Final Fantasy Type Zero would almost certainly outsell Bravely Default in the west and an argument can be made as to whether the remakes of SaGa 2 and 3, and Dragon Quest Monsters Terry's Wonderland 3D could have done the same. It wasn't just a community manager who said they had no plans either, but the producer of the game.

It has only been a few months since release so it is way too early to say it is not coming but its chances aren't looking great at the moment.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Spoony_Tech

I'm not to worried about it. I believe it will come in the second half of the year. Nintendo has a habit of waiting for a while before it announces releases lately and the second have of the year so far looks slim on them. Will it be localized by them I don't know but I just can't see this game not making the trip over. I think there is enough interest to make money and that's the bottom line! After all they took long enough to announce Fire Emblem Awakening and they make the game for crying out loud!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Oregano wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Final Fantasy Type Zero would almost certainly outsell Bravely Default in the west and an argument can be made as to whether the remakes of SaGa 2 and 3, and Dragon Quest Monsters Terry's Wonderland 3D could have done the same. It wasn't just a community manager who said they had no plans either, but the producer of the game.

It has only been a few months since release so it is way too early to say it is not coming but its chances aren't looking great at the moment.

Dude, they stopped stocking new PSP games in stores the minute the Vita was announced. They could never hope to sell a PSP game like Type-0.

And no, you could not make an argument for the SaGa games. Not only was the DS on its way out over here when SaGa 3 came out, but the series has a horrible track record in the west. No one would touch it with a ten foot pole, unless they renamed it again, but their customers aren't that easy to fool anymore. Romancing SaGa was the last hurrah for the series over here, and even that sold barely anything outside Japan.

As for Terry's Wonderland, I'm not convinced we're not getting that, either. Maybe if there's no announcement this year, there'd be no hope, but it's too soon to discount that one as well. IIRC, It was an anniversary game, and NA didn't get the first Dragon Quest Monsters game until two full years after Japan did.

And so what if the Director said it? No localization plans just means "it's undecided" regardless of who says it. It's a "we're thinking about it" type of response, and all we have to do is let them know we want it and intend to pay money for it. They're just trying to figure out if there's a market for it. There is no market for those other games you listed. The 3DS is doing well, however, and a lot of gamers want it. It's been selling well in Japan, too, and Square-Enix intends to make it a full-on franchise. I don't think there would be much hope for a company willing to pass this one over.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Oregano

PSP games are still being released and with Type Zero being distributed on PSN it would be accessible to all Vita owners. Regardless the Final Fantasy name guarantees it would outsell Bravely Default whether it's on PSP or not. The SaGa games and DQM: 3D both also have the benefits of brand names(big or small) which Bravely Default does not and the producers of Type Zero, SaGa and Dragon Quest are in much higher positions than Tomoya Asano. There's also the fact that the developers have moved on to development of the sequel which means they might not be available for the necessary programming work required for a localisation.

CanisWolfred

Oregano wrote:

There's also the fact that the developers have moved on to development of the sequel which means they might not be available for the necessary programming work required for a localisation.

Well, at least this is a good point. They could still get people to do it, but it might explain the wait we've been having.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

labwarrior

CanisWolfred wrote:

Meh, I'm thinking they'll save a Bravely Default announcement for E3 or something like that. If people are getting this hyped over it, then why not make it a big deal?

Also, I just found out this is being worked on by 3D Dot Game Heroes' developer. Personal hype just skyrocketed.

What is the 3D heroes team ? Was that made by Square ?

Untitled

Bravely Default Game info thread (english) with every bit of art - news etc about the game

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510483

labwarrior wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Meh, I'm thinking they'll save a Bravely Default announcement for E3 or something like that. If people are getting this hyped over it, then why not make it a big deal?

Also, I just found out this is being worked on by 3D Dot Game Heroes' developer. Personal hype just skyrocketed.

What is the 3D heroes team ? Was that made by Square ?

Untitled

Bravely Default Game info thread (english) with every bit of art - news etc about the game

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510483

No. Silicon Studio is an independant Game Company, I guess they got contracted by S-E to make the game. It isn't the first time something like that has happened. Matrix has made several FF and DQ games, and they're also not owned by Square-Enix.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

I fully expect this game's localization in the West to be confirmed sometime this year. It is simply unthinkable that one of the biggest blockbuster games of the 3DS' lifespan so far would not be released outside of Japan.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

I fully expect this game's localization in the West to be confirmed sometime this year. It is simply unthinkable that one of the biggest blockbuster games of the 3DS' lifespan so far would not be released outside of Japan.

Yeah, it'd be very strange if we didn't get an announcement this year.

Also, Out of the Blue, but who is the person in your avatar?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

e-love

This game gives me such a Final Fantasy III DS version vibe~

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Ralizah

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Lucia from Lunar 2.

Yours is Wolfrun, right? I'm only 10 eps into Smile Precure so far, but he is definitely my favorite denizen of the Bad End Kingdom.

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Lucia from Lunar 2.

Yours is Wolfrun, right? I'm only 10 eps into Smile Precure so far, but he is definitely my favorite denizen of the Bad End Kingdom.

I knew it was someone from Lunar 2, thanks. I'm also surprised to run into someone who knew who Wolfrun was. Kudos to you.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Lucia from Lunar 2.

I knew it was someone from Lunar 2, thanks. I'm also surprised to run into someone who knew who Wolfrun was. Kudos to you.

Still probably my favorite RPG ever. The Lunar games, Metal Gear Solid, and Final Fantasy VII totally made the Playstation my favorite console of that gen.

Although I'm not as big into it as I used to be, I've been a pretty serious anime fan since I was 12. Back in the day when you had to spend $30 at Suncoast to get 2 episodes of an anime series in the original Japanese. I spent over $300 completing my original Neon Genesis Evangelion VHS collection. Now I can get the whole series on DVD with dual audio and far superior visual quality for a fraction of that cost. Heh,

Spoony_Tech

I'm still not worried really. It sometimes takes a while before its announced specially rpgs which can take a long time to translate. This was featured in the latest game informer so any publicity here in the states helps. It was a hopefully soon preview!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Sometimes it takes awhile before it is announced that games will be localized. It took more than a year for Prof. Layton and the Miracle Mask to be announced for localization, for instance. Of course, there was no way it wasn't going going to be brought over, but still, it can take time. I wouldn't worry unless there still hasn't been an announcement by December. I personally think it'll be announced at E3, but I could be wrong.

labwarrior

Tech101 wrote:

I'm still not worried really. It sometimes takes a while before its announced specially rpgs which can take a long time to translate. This was featured in the latest game informer so any publicity here in the states helps. It was a hopefully soon preview!

Why was a Japan only game in Gameinformer ? As in a wish list ?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic