Forums

Topic: Bravely Default: The Flying Fairy

Posts 101 to 120 of 828

Tsuchinoko

Xilef wrote:

Even though i really want this i don't think i know much about the actual gameplay. xD Is this turn-based or real-time?

Its turn-based, it has to be because of the Brave/Default system. There's a lot of planning done ahead of time to figure out which turns you sacrifice and which ones you use in a successive go.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

KarrotMan

So about those Backgrounds/scenery(especially the towns), Are they rendered in 3d or are they hand drawn, how does it look in S3D? Happy to see this game earn a number 1 at the charts last week, gives me more hope this game will eventually make it overseas unlike Project X Zone. So, how's the job system in this one, any favorites in terms of design and use?

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Tsuchinoko

@Onikato About the scenery, it really depends on where you are. In towns, the outside is hand-drawn, and with the 3D effect pops out almost like a pop-up book. Its really pretty. Inside buildings, in dungeons and those sort of places, they are rendered in 3D.

I've barely just started, so I haven't had a chance to really try out the job system to much. I still have all my characters in すっぴん, which usually translates to...hmm, well we use it to mean someone has no make-up on, but in this case I guess its being used to mean "plain" or "bare". Its not usually used in this way. But yeah, once I get to try it out more I'll let you know

Oregano

So Bravely Default was no.1 last week in Japan and sold over 140K which means it beat the sales of 4 Heroes of the Light and is Square Enix's most successful new IP since the days of the PS2. Awesome news, lets hope it continues to do well and hopefully it passes 250K!

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Tsuchinoko

@Oregano Well, at 140K in its first week, there's no way that it wouldn't pass or even 300k, mathematically and logistically it would just be insane if it didn't. I'm glad that its doing that well. Looks like all of that advertising paid off. My hope is that the Bravely Default series becomes a new franchise, with the Flying Fairy subtitle it already looks like it might. I'm really liking a lot of this game so far. The voice acting is incredible, the writing is really good, the story is pretty epic, and the music is really good.
Just wondering, you said since the days of the PS2. What was the previous IP that did better than Bravely Default?

Hokori

Tsuchinoko wrote:

@Oregano Well, at 140K in its first week, there's no way that it wouldn't pass or even 300k, mathematically and logistically it would just be insane if it didn't. I'm glad that its doing that well. Looks like all of that advertising paid off. My hope is that the Bravely Default series becomes a new franchise, with the Flying Fairy subtitle it already looks like it might. I'm really liking a lot of this game so far. The voice acting is incredible, the writing is really good, the story is pretty epic, and the music is really good.
Just wondering, you said since the days of the PS2. What was the previous IP that did better than Bravely Default?

Kingdom hearts?

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

kkslider5552000

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Looks like all of that advertising paid off. My hope is that the Bravely Default series becomes a new franchise, with the Flying Fairy subtitle it already looks like it might. I'm really liking a lot of this game so far.

wait so advertising a new IP is...a good thing? What a concept!

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Tsuchinoko

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Looks like all of that advertising paid off. My hope is that the Bravely Default series becomes a new franchise, with the Flying Fairy subtitle it already looks like it might. I'm really liking a lot of this game so far.

wait so advertising a new IP is...a good thing? What a concept!

I'm guessing you're praising the effort, in your own way?

Oh, and after some searching, I found it. Here's the new trailer with one of the game's vocal songs.

Here's the website for the collective that creates the music
http://rlbd.ponycanyon.co.jp/release/index.html

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

kkslider5552000

I shouldn't be too surprised since out of the major japanese game companies, SE seems to usually be the least dumb and least likely to forget it's the 21st century. But I've been burnt by awesome new IPs failing spectacularly probably like 40+ times in the past 3-4 years so anything new and awesome that is actually selling well is worth celebrating.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Oregano

Radiata Stories sold over 190K in its first week.

As for reaching 300K, I am not so sure. RPGs in Japan tend to decline over 70% in their second week and then drop to below 10K a week shortly there after. Kingdom Hearts on 3DS opened at over 200K and barely exceeded 300K and Four Heroes of the Light only just exceeded 200K despite opening at 120K. It would be amazing if it crossed 300K though.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Tsuchinoko

@Oregano I'm sure it depends on the game really, and like I said in one of the article threads, Bravely Default is sold out in a lot of stores right now, so I'd expect the game to have a strong 2nd week when the stock starts rolling back in. I would expect it to be at least somewhat close to 200k fairly soon, if not at least early next month.

Xilef

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Xilef wrote:

Even though i really want this i don't think i know much about the actual gameplay. xD Is this turn-based or real-time?

Its turn-based, it has to be because of the Brave/Default system. There's a lot of planning done ahead of time to figure out which turns you sacrifice and which ones you use in a successive go.

OK, thanks. That's great, i really enjoy turn-based.

Xilef

Oregano

Okay so it seems that Bravely Default is now officially a franchise considering they announced a free to play PC social game and also said that they are beginning work on a sequel to Flying Fairy on the 3DS. Asano also said that the social game may be localised before Flying Fairy as he still hasn't decided how they are going to localise it.

CanisWolfred

Oregano wrote:

also said that they are beginning work on a sequel to Flying Fairy on the 3DS. Asano also said that the social game may be localised before Flying Fairy as he still hasn't decided how they are going to localise it.

That I didn't hear. Weird. I don't think I'd play the PC game if it came here. Also, sequel announced before localization announcement of the first makes me a bit sad.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

Jon_Talbain wrote:

Oregano wrote:

also said that they are beginning work on a sequel to Flying Fairy on the 3DS. Asano also said that the social game may be localised before Flying Fairy as he still hasn't decided how they are going to localise it.

That I didn't hear. Weird. I don't think I'd play the PC game if it came here. Also, sequel announced before localization announcement of the first makes me a bit sad.

Happened with Denpa Men and we still got the first and are going to get the second.

KarrotMan

posted from the other thread but I'll just repeat it since this is the official BD thread after all:
Another reason why Bravely Default should come stateside among many other factors is its Beautiful soundtrack. You all know that I'm a sucker for orchestrated music mixed with some Gregorian chanting and vocals:

The Serpent Eating the Ground

Ballad Moving Toward Hope

Land of Light and Shadow

Looks like Square's got another Chrono Trigger/FF6 in their hands. I do hope they will localize this based on BD's 200k copies sold and not on how FF Warriors of Light bombed in the states.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Hokori

Once it comes to eShop her I'll DL it looks like one of the best 3DS games

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

It's pretty successful in Japan, it's even getting a sequel, so why wouldn't it come to Europe and the US? Square-Enix isn't about to miss out on that kind of profit.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Gamesake

This thread should be called "All the Bravest".

...in my pants.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic