Forums

Topic: Bravely Default coming to NA in 2014

Posts 21 to 40 of 41

Ralizah

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I don't know about anyone else, but I'll be buying and playing 4 Heroes of Light in anticipation of this release.

I was playing 4 Heroes of Light not too long ago. Fair warning, the story is utter crap so far. I mean, even FF1 on the NES made more sense and had a cooler story overall. The main characters are idiots and do stupid things all the time for reasons I can never decern. Gameplay's good, though, but that story!

Interesting. I've heard a lot of critiques of the game, but this is the first time I've heard anyone take exception with the actual story.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Spoony_Tech

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I don't know about anyone else, but I'll be buying and playing 4 Heroes of Light in anticipation of this release.

I was playing 4 Heroes of Light not too long ago. Fair warning, the story is utter crap so far. I mean, even FF1 on the NES made more sense and had a cooler story overall. The main characters are idiots and do stupid things all the time for reasons I can never decern. Gameplay's good, though, but that story!

FF1 had a story?!?!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Tech101 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

FF1 had a story?!?!

With time travel and everything!

CanisWolfred

Oh, my expectations for the story were as low as they could possibly go. 4HoL's story basically took a shovel and started digging...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

Ralizah wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

FF1 had a story?!?!

With time travel and everything!

FF1's end game had to have been something they picked out of a hat or something, because it so incredibly random.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Spoony_Tech

FF1 story was so great...........wait I don't remember one single thing from the storyline. Could be because its been over 20 years since I've played it. That's probably why I remember no story at all!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Tech101 wrote:

FF1 story was so great...........wait I don't remember one single thing from the storyline. Could be because its been over 20 years since I've played it. That's probably why I remember no story at all!

Nah, there was precious little story in it.

CanisWolfred

Yeah, there wasn't much. This game seems to miss the point story-wise. There's more here than in the NES games, yet not enough for a modern game. Most of it is uneventful and completely random, yet at the same time lacks a sense of whimsy. It...feels like a fan interpretation old-school RPGs, I guess...and not exactly a fan who payed close attention to how they really worked in those old games.

Luckily Bravely Default has a completely different writer, and I hear the story is actually really good.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RevolverLink

My second favorite announcement of the day, only to the ALttP successor (and even then, just barely).

In a way, I'm kinda grateful for the 2014 release window. There are just too many current and upcoming 3DS games on my plate in 2013 to give it the attention it deserves.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

kkslider5552000

RevolverLink wrote:

My second favorite announcement of the day, only to the ALttP successor (and even then, just barely).

In a way, I'm kinda grateful for the 2014 release window. There are just too many current and upcoming 3DS games on my plate in 2013 to give it the attention it deserves.

yeah, I'm glad. Too many games make me sad, as I can't afford them all.

Happy_Mask

Wow, this looks way too much like FF.
especially the DS remakes

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

e-love

Happy_Mask wrote:

and that's a good thing! :3

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

RevolverLink

@CanisWolfred - I've actually been listening to Bravely Default's soundtrack for the better part of the evening as my own little celebration:

Conflict's Chime
Love's Vagrant
A Melody of Nostalgic Reminiscence
Wicked Flight
Land of Immortality
Land of Civil War
Land of Glaze

kkslider5552000 wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

yeah, I'm glad. Too many games make me sad, as I can't afford them all.

I've made it a personal principle to not pay full price for games I'm not going to start almost immediately and, sadly, I'm already starting to fall behind on 2013 releases. I hope Atlus can forgive me for putting off buying Soul Hackers - I'm still busy with EOIV and Fire Emblem, and I just don't have the money to buy a game only to have it sit in plastic wrap for months.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Ralizah

OK. Yeah. I'm going to be playing this game with headphones on.

OptometristLime

Happy_Mask wrote:

Untitled
You can come up with your own caption. xD

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

kkslider5552000

Optimist_Prime wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Untitled
You can come up with your own caption. xD

Presumably this is Nicolas Cage losing his mind trying to figure out the relevance of using the pic for a joke.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.