Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 781 to 800 of 923

yokokazuo

Just beat Challenge Mode earlier! I'll have to check back on how many I have, but what paint customizations does everyone have?
I've gotten one for winning a match, getting three goals in one match, 5 saves, a 7 win streak, beating challenge mode, walking 10 000 Km and I think perhaps a couple others. I'll have to double check with my other 3DS, but it seems that the skins are random for every achievement that you get.

@RR529 do you happen to have a circle pad pro? I've found that most comfortable along with gyro controls for when locked on. new 3DS works fine as well btw.
I kind of liked the gyro and dual stick controls so it took me awhile to choose one I preferred until I found out there were gyro controls for the dual stick.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

RR529

No, I don't have a CPP, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I managed to get to the final match in Challenge Mode (lost in overtime, augghhh!).

As for paint jobs, I have Basic, Club, Diamond, Star, Flames, Kraid, & Mother Brain.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Dezzy

Is there any more to the trial mission that just that shooting exercise thing?

Don't know if there's any reason to replay.

This game does have some potential though. Hope they manage to achieve something with it.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

yokokazuo

@Dezzy the rank ones allow you to replay multiple times for a high score, but nothing else aside from that. Beat it for both parts, but got no reward. Also your scores are traded with other players you play with/against online.

Currently I just have 3 paint jobs left with 2 that I don't know how to get.
I'll mark them all as a spoiler, but these are all of the ones I know about
Win a match, Win 7 in a row, Win 10 games, Score 3 goals in one game, Get 3 assists in a game, Perform, 5 blocks in a game, Score within 5 seconds, Score 50 goals, Get 50 assists, Perform 100 blocks, Run 10 000km, Push the ball 10 000km, Beat a challenge, ???, ???

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

roy130390

@RR529 I also have an original 3DS and I like the controls quite a lot, I felt them like playing any other prime game almost instantly. I have no problems with them, but then again I'm one of those weird guys that enjoy MH4 U controls without the need of the CPP.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

RR529

Anyhow, it took me a week, but I finally managed to clear the challenge mode.

I will say, it's a very generous way for them to try and win over people disappointed in the game's announcements. I'll probably return to it from time to time for a quick match or two.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Sorry for the double post, but I'm actually finding myself addicted to this, lol.

I've now played almost 90 games, and have won challenge mode as both sides.

Anyhow, things I'd like to see added/changed:

• The ability to pick which, if any, power ups appear during the match. I'm probably just unlucky, but it seems like the opposing team always that ejection power up at the most crucial moments (and half the time, when I block the goal & get back in my mech before they can score, they immediately hit me with another). The CPU gets a lot of lucky breaks in general (I think at one point in a recent game I lost, all three opposing mechs were boosted at once).

Well, I guess that's it, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

meleebrawler

@RR529 But then everyone would just pick ejection all the time. Though that would make for a somewhat hilarious game where it looks the armours are constantly malfunctioning.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Whydoievenbother

Here's how I would fix Metroid Prime: Blast Ball
1. Better Server stability.
2. Bots that aren't so evil that hell itself spat them back out!
3. More power-ups.
4. No more Ejection Power-Up!
5. Proper communication!
6. A setting where you don't have to hold the shoulder buttons to lock on.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

yokokazuo

@shaneoh I think I did see that one time near someone else's mech. I'll try to give it a try sometime then.

@MrMario02 if you are using a new 3DS or the circle pad pro, the other control scheme allows you to press ZL (or L with a CPP) which toggles the lock-on function.

yokokazuo

Undead_terror

I haven't played the demo for a week, guess I will try to get around to playing it sometime again, but it just didn't get my attention much, was fun for the first couple of days trying to play with a few people, then just stopped and played other things. If the game had a actual PvP mode like Prime Hunters and/or a survival mode I'd probably come back to this more, games gonna need some content to keep people coming back and to fix any issues people are having.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

RR529

Having a tough time today. Every match I've played on a difficulty higher than the weakest team in challenge, the game bails out the CPU team.

I'll spend 3 minutes to finally score a goal, then at the start of the very next round the ball immediately spawns an ejection power up on the opposing team's side, and they tie it up (or win) in 10 seconds. I swear this has happened in every game I've played today (other than the easiest match in challenge).

Also, your CPU teammates are dumber than a sack of rocks. Opponent CPU team hits you with an Ejection power up? They cruise the ball right into the goal. You hit the opposing team with an Ejection power up? Your CPU teammates shoot the ball to the SIDE of the goal, and repetedly bounce it back & forth in front of the goal, without ever getting it in the goal, even at it's most open -_- (I've just sat back and watched them do this. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.) This even makes it ha

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

the_shpydar

bezerker99 wrote:

Finally got around to playing Metroid Prime: Blast Ball. That was terrible. Deleting as fast as I can.

100% agreed. I honestly was dumbfounded by how absolutely horrible it is.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

yokokazuo

I'm honestly quite surprised how divided people are over this overall. I've personally been enjoying it quite a bit so far. For those that haven't liked it, could you explain what parts of it you didn't like specifically?

@RR529 Ya, the CPU teammates seem to be pretty dumb most of the times...
I've had one match where the other team got 3 ejects in a row... Couldn't do anything about that one. I really hope it is balanced more once the game launches.

yokokazuo

Dynadan

the_shpydar wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

Finally got around to playing Metroid Prime: Blast Ball. That was terrible. Deleting as fast as I can.

100% agreed. I honestly was dumbfounded by how absolutely horrible it is.

Do you guys mind expanding on what you disliked about the game?

Also, I hope they add an update that lets you choose which power ups appear in battle, and also adds custom game rooms to invite friends online.

Life, the Universe, and Everything

3DS Friend Code: 4957-2813-6791 | Nintendo Network ID: shooter009

Gultigargar

Are people here still disliking this game, or just apparently liking it because it's hip to mess with Metroid fans?

Edited on by Gultigargar

My current N3DSXL FC: 2165-9800-0902

I'm not what to post, but something should pop up here eventually.

meleebrawler

AbsolutelyYes wrote:

Are people here still disliking this game, or just apparently liking it because it's hip to mess with Metroid fans?

Considering the supporters generally support their claims of why they like the game as opposed to the detractors who generally don't or compare it to games that are y'know, paid for and fully-featured, I wouldn't say people are only liking the game to be hipsters.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Eel

Ew this game is 999.99 pesos on the eshop.

For reference that's around 55 dollars.

Guess I'll be skipping this game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sorry, this topic has been locked.