Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 461 to 480 of 923

Araquanid

The problem with the charm from back then and now, is there's not much more Nintendo can do that wasn't done already, and the franchises could only either change so dramatically that fans don't adapt well (MPFF) or the games can be rehashes because they follow the same exact mechanics as its prequel (corruption, not saying it's bad but the metroid fanbase don't talk too much about it like the others.. Since it is basically the others with a new OP mode and new planet instead of new dimensions.).

The problem nobody can decide, is what the balance of changing something, while still keeping the same theme without boring people is... And that's become pretty impossible as significant changes are demanded by the community, then when they nerf the new details enough.. It flops for being to repetitive.

With FF... Some can say the graphics could've had a different art style, but again, graphics don't mean gameplay... And new art styles can open new audiences (wind waker brought us a younger audience, while appealing to adults still).

"Smash 4"
How would you make A brawl sequel that's not a rehash, while still not changing a ridiculous amount of things to appeal still to melee fans?

"F2P Pokemon"
Shuffle I can see, but rumble world is hardly unfair. The game can be free from start to completion, and has a cap thirty dollar limit, with its past games averaging the same price. You basically buy the game and nothing more.. Except it doesn't have to be bought and you can play it anyway. Besides, this is hardly Nintendo's doing.. It's mostly TPC on that end as Nintendo is only the publisher and partnered with license ownership rather than demanding them games.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Socar

@Bolt_Strike:

• Seriously, Stop......Truly you're sticking to the same argument. The new smash clearly is the better smash in terms of adding new content (it has Cloud for pete's sake!). Not all the game's that they have made are rehashes with few exceptions. 3D Land/ World, Bros U/2 and that'e pretty much it. Maybe games like Triple Deluxe might have made the 3DS Library safe but not all mind you. Awakening certainly has lots of content and Fates seems to do well in that regard. Also, Uprising? X/Y? Dark Moon? Super Mario Maker? I can go on here.

Speaking of which, have you observed their eshop titles? They are unique and are very impressive like Rusty's Real Deal.

• Spinoffs can either be good or not so good but never devalue the main IP. When you compare the amount of ideas that Sonic was forced with to that of new concepts incorporated in each Mario game, you know that the latter obviously makes it worthwhile. Heck, there's demand for Mario Kart games which is funny because guess what? Its a spin off.
  • Its not considered a cash grab unless the game is free and forces you to use the amiibo's which is still not exactly a cash grab because of the fact that the game is free-to-start.

Well they certainly made Fire Emblem unique if you include its spinoff and Fates. They certainly have taken Smash to the next level. So you can't say that their games are rehashed.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

LaserdiscGal

Artwark wrote:

They are unique and are very impressive like Rusty's Real Deal.

Surely you jest.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Socar

@Santa: Darth_Vadar using a santa avatar before Christmas? odd......

Anyways I feel that rusty's real deal really is innovative in some form as its one of the only microtransaction game that you can haggle down the costs of games and certainly some games are worth to haggle.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Artwark wrote:

@Bolt_Strike: Let's argue that point here.

1.Super Mario Maker seems to have loads of content and while majority isn't from Nintendo, the fact that there's a lot to play just proves otherwise.

2.Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS: Need I say more? Certainly a lot of content here.

3.Splatoon: More DLC means more content.

4.FE: Fates: Loads of content especially when you buy them separately.

I want to argue that its really not cash grabby if it doesn't have annoying microtransactions that ruin the experience. Infact, you don't really need both games in fates to enjoy the experience.

Right now, you have to understand that Nintendo just lost Satoru Iwata and obviously, things slowed down there and would probably explain why the recent games that Nintendo has now are mix bag to some. Its really hard for a company to move on without finding someone that can replicate that talent that Iwata-San had.

I was just like you that there is no way Nintendo can recover fast after the passing of Iwata-san. But after the fact that the amiibo sold like 23 Million, them making a huge profit and the recent direct that no one saw it coming, i'd say that they are doing as fine as they normally do. Its just that this year didn't deliver much but its very understandable why this happened.

Also, we're suppose to argue about spin-offs here. How is it that you are changing the subject? Are you trying to be like me?

Locking away disc content to be unlocked later on isn't exactly "more content", the amount of content that is present between launch and the end of January next year is what I would've expected Splatoon's launch content to be especially going by typical shooters like Halo and CoD. Also, the single player challenges shouldn't have been locked behind amiibo but rather available straight away after either beating the story or collecting all of the scrolls. Your other examples are fine except FE Fates of which the only edition I agree with is the special edition that contains all 3 stories on 1 cart. That is fantastic value while the individual ones are questionable.

As for Federation Force in general, the #1 big issue I have with it is the same issue I have with Tri Force Heroes. Namely creating a co-op focused game where it doesn't belong. Metroid and Zelda should be franchises that focus on the single player experience but can add co-op provided it doesn't ruin the single player experience. See the Halo games for example (not 5 but that's likely due to the game being rushed for maintaining 2015 release), those games are fantastic for the single player campaign but are also fun playing up to 4 player co-op online with people over Xbox Live.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Bolt_Strike

MegaBeedrill wrote:

The problem with the charm from back then and now, is there's not much more Nintendo can do that wasn't done already, and the franchises could only either change so dramatically that fans don't adapt well (MPFF) or the games can be rehashes because they follow the same exact mechanics as its prequel (corruption, not saying it's bad but the metroid fanbase don't talk too much about it like the others.. Since it is basically the others with a new OP mode and new planet instead of new dimensions.).

The problem nobody can decide, is what the balance of changing something, while still keeping the same theme without boring people is... And that's become pretty impossible as significant changes are demanded by the community, then when they nerf the new details enough.. It flops for being to repetitive.

We are far from the point where they should be running out of ideas on how to expand their franchises or at least come up with a unique idea for it, I can think of several ways for their IPs to evolve. If they're having trouble thinking of new ideas then maybe it's time for the higher ups to think about retirement.

MegaBeedrill wrote:

With FF... Some can say the graphics could've had a different art style, but again, graphics don't mean gameplay... And new art styles can open new audiences (wind waker brought us a younger audience, while appealing to adults still).

FF's problem isn't graphics anyway. The problem is that the gameplay needs to feel more Metroid like. A co-op based Metroid spinoff could be a good idea, but when the gameplay lacks almost any connection to the main series the fanbase isn't exactly going to eat it up. In particular I think more exploration focused levels would do the game a world of good and would help the fanbase accept the game for what it's trying to be.

Artwark wrote:

The new smash clearly is the better smash in terms of adding new content (it has Cloud for pete's sake!).

Adding in new characters doesn't exactly take a fighting game to the next level, they're always adding new characters to fighting games so that's not really noteworthy. Smash has only really felt like it's gone to the next level by adding in mechanics like Final Smashes and Assist Trophies.

Artwark wrote:

Not all the game's that they have made are rehashes with few exceptions. 3D Land/ World, Bros U/2 and that'e pretty much it.

NSMB2
NSMBU
3D Land
3D World
Tropical Freeze
Yoshi's New Island
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Yoshi's Woolly World
Smash

All rehashes, that's a huge chunk of their lineup right there.

Artwark wrote:

• Spinoffs can either be good or not so good but never devalue the main IP. When you compare the amount of ideas that Sonic was forced with to that of new concepts incorporated in each Mario game, you know that the latter obviously makes it worthwhile. Heck, there's demand for Mario Kart games which is funny because guess what? Its a spin off.

They can when the fanbase perceives that the spinoff is replacing the main series. Sonic Boom had this problem, even before the game released and we found out it was glitched to high heavens, there was never any real excitement for the game because it just felt like a main series game without any of the speed gameplay. It was just close enough to feeling like a main series game without having anything that people wanted in a main series game, which gives off the impression that they want to throw that core gameplay away and reboot the series. Not a good position to put your game in. Federation Force is the same, it's tantalizingly close to being a main series game without actually being one, so you can't really believe Nintendo when they say it's a spinoff.

Artwark wrote:

• Its not considered a cash grab unless the game is free and forces you to use the amiibo's which is still not exactly a cash grab because of the fact that the game is free-to-start.

A cash grab can be anything that's cynically designed to make money. Rehashes, microtransactions, and abusing their IPs can all be considered cash grabs.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

Metroid Prime 3? Mega rehash. So rehashy it's not even funny. Oh wait, Bolt likes it so it's not a rehash

Rehashing isn't necessarily a bad thing. Creativity and innovation aren't always good either - just look at Sonic. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Smash sticks to the series' formula.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Joeynator3000

...You forgot Xenoblade Chronicles X in that list of "rehashes". Also Bayonetta 2.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Artwark wrote:

@Bolt_Strike: Let's argue that point here.

1.Super Mario Maker seems to have loads of content and while majority isn't from Nintendo, the fact that there's a lot to play just proves otherwise.

2.Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS: Need I say more? Certainly a lot of content here.

3.Splatoon: More DLC means more content.

4.FE: Fates: Loads of content especially when you buy them separately.

I want to argue that its really not cash grabby if it doesn't have annoying microtransactions that ruin the experience. Infact, you don't really need both games in fates to enjoy the experience.

Right now, you have to understand that Nintendo just lost Satoru Iwata and obviously, things slowed down there and would probably explain why the recent games that Nintendo has now are mix bag to some. Its really hard for a company to move on without finding someone that can replicate that talent that Iwata-San had.

I was just like you that there is no way Nintendo can recover fast after the passing of Iwata-san. But after the fact that the amiibo sold like 23 Million, them making a huge profit and the recent direct that no one saw it coming, i'd say that they are doing as fine as they normally do. Its just that this year didn't deliver much but its very understandable why this happened.

Also, we're suppose to argue about spin-offs here. How is it that you are changing the subject? Are you trying to be like me?

Locking away disc content to be unlocked later on isn't exactly "more content", the amount of content that is present between launch and the end of January next year is what I would've expected Splatoon's launch content to be especially going by typical shooters like Halo and CoD. Also, the single player challenges shouldn't have been locked behind amiibo but rather available straight away after either beating the story or collecting all of the scrolls. Your other examples are fine except FE Fates of which the only edition I agree with is the special edition that contains all 3 stories on 1 cart. That is fantastic value while the individual ones are questionable.

I'm glad someone else finally has my viewpoint about that around here

TuVictus

Koopa-King

What does any of this have to do with Metroid?

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

Nintendo Network ID: nyansloth

Joeynator3000

lol I dunno.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

IceClimbers

@Koopa-King: It doesn't, or at least not specifically. It's just another case of "arguing with Bolt" derailing.

So, what exactly do you guys think happened to this game? It's absence in the Direct was pretty weird.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Koopa-King

@IceClimbers: FINALLY someone mentions it!
My guess is that they either are just working on it really hard in order to show off something big. Or they thought adding it in would spoil the Direct. Maybe a mixture of both (even if I dissagree with the latter). I do hope to see more of this game though. Maybe a spotlight in next years directs might change peoples minds! Maybe...

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

Koopa-King

@Megumi: WHOA WHOA WHOA. I DIDNT NOTICE THAT! YOU CALLING X A REHASH BOY?! YOU WANA THROW DOWN?

Joeynator3000

Oh calm down.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Koopa-King

@Megumi: You were kidding right? A joke? A jest? A farce? Really, truly? You wouldnt actually think its a rehash right? Im just out of the loop right?

kyuubikid213

@IceClimbers: Maybe it's been cancelled along with the Metroid IP because of the children that cried about it and flocked to the YouTube page simply to dislike it.

Untitled

Honestly though, I think the massive (and largely undeserved) backlash from E3 has resulted in the game getting reworked in some form or fashion to try and appease those vocal individuals.

Personally, I think the game looks fine and I'm sure it'll be a blast [ball] to play. I just won't be surprised if we see even less Metroid in the future since both this (technically a Prime title) and Other M (traditional Metroid for the modern audience) have overwhelming disdain from "fans". This kind of outcry doesn't get the game you want made any faster. If anything, all this shows (from a purely numbers standpoint) is that Metroid needs to die since there's no room (according to the "fans") for the series to branch out to something different every once in a while or grow as a whole.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Joeynator3000

Koopa-King wrote:

@Megumi: You were kidding right? A joke? A jest? A farce? Really, truly? You wouldnt actually think its a rehash right? Im just out of the loop right?

Did you not see Bolt's list?

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Koopa-King

@Megumi: Oh I see...I feel really stupid now. Sorry about that. I really hope he doesnt think it could be considered a rehash though. Once again sorry for being a bit of a d**k

TuVictus

If they delay it to rework the art style I would be completely 100% okay with that. Maybe make it look less like little chibi children that are gunning down space pirates and more like the Metroid galactic federation Marines that they should look like.

TuVictus

Sorry, this topic has been locked.