Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 441 to 460 of 923

Bolt_Strike

Again guys, it doesn't matter. Because if I'm not seeing the games I want on it, why should I bother buying it? I'm neither a charity nor an investor, I'm not going to buy a console with only the promise of games to come. I need Nintendo to appeal to me and draw me in first.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

shaneoh

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Again guys, it doesn't matter. Because if I'm not seeing the games I want on it, why should I bother buying it? I'm neither a charity nor an investor, I'm not going to buy a console with only the promise of games to come. I need Nintendo to appeal to me and draw me in first.

And just because they aren't games you were expecting or want to play doesn't mean they aren't good games.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

NintendoFan64

shaneoh wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

And just because they aren't games you were expecting or want to play doesn't mean they aren't good games.

I was going to leave this alone, but...THIS! ALL OF THIS!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Bolt_Strike

Morpheel wrote:

He just made a question. Answering won't hurt you, since as you say, it's irrelevant to your point.

Well I already kinda did now.

shaneoh wrote:

Nintendo isn't hurting for a lack of quality, I agree with you on that, they're lacking in variety and creativity. So in that sense, they really aren't good in my eyes.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

faint

This thread is crazy. The only bad thing about federation force seems to be blast ball. Basically this is the new metroid prime hunters which is a great game. Btw when you played on line (the main draw) you didn't play as samus then ether. That's the reason nobody likes this right? Silly silly gamers

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Eel

You can play as samus in the online mode.

People didn't like the single player campaign.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Octane wrote:

About Retro Studios and Metroid. I cannot stress this enough, but the people that worked on Metroid Prime are long gone, they are no longer with Retro Studios. People questioning why Retro isn't working on a Metroid game, are essentially questioning the Donkey Kong Country team why they aren't working on a Metroid team. That just doesn't make any sense. Nintendo has no dedicated development team for Metroid at the moment and I think that is their biggest problem when it comes to Metroid.

It's more than that, I think even if we did have a dedicated Metroid team I don't think they'd be making the Metroid game we all want. I mean look at what's happened with 3D Mario and games like Triforce Heroes, they've been intentionally watering down exploration in their games, so I don't think a hypothetical main series game would have much of that either, we'd probably have more games like Fusion, Other M, and Federation Force. There's been a definite change in development culture at Nintendo over the next few years, and that's probably more of a factor in why Metroid is on the back burner than not having a dedicated team working on it.

I don't see the problem with those games, it's not as if we lack Zelda games this generation, so Triforce Heroes is a welcome change of pace. And it's not like it's a brand new concept either: Four Swords, they've done multiplayer spin-off titles in the past. Zelda U is still coming and that seems to be one of the least liniar Zelda games to date, so there's that as well... Mario 3D World? Great game, so I don't really care, still better than Galaxy 2 in my opinion.

I agree that we haven't seen a lot of big 3D action/adventure games on the Wii U, but I don't think the existing games are to blame. They'll go back to a Mario 64 style 3D game eventually, and they can't forget about Metroid either. It's coming eventually, the problem is that those games are on the back burner. Anway, I like plenty of genres, so it's not as if I don't have any games to play.

Octane

Araquanid

Eh... I'll be completely honest and supportive of the "this gen's lacking" statement Bolt made.. while the majority of his other points I'm too tired and really need to take a shower soon after playing LoL to addrest...

I will say that in the past 2-3 years I've been less appealed by the games. Are the games terrible? Absolutely not, I don't know what the problem is.. pikmin 2 and 1 I've spent many many hours one.. I have a sale file with over 540 days on 2.. however 3 I've actually haven't touched since I beaten it except for a speedrun playthrough a third time perhaps. I want to say there wasn't enough replay value for me like pikmin 2 with randomized dungeons... but nintendo did try with the minigames like boss rush and fruit collect.

Other M is the same case.. While the graphics were realistic, and the controls were innovative, the story was meh to reexperience, and the beginning of the game felt the same pace as the end, since there is so many work around options to completely nulify difficult (dodging is practicely invincibility...)

Skyward sword I got nothing on, It's really good IMO. Then again that came out prewiiu era and nintendo still had something working for them.

Starfox Zero we haven't gotten yet, nothing to say that isn't biased.

Splatoon was the big hit nintendo got right on the wii u... but eventually I still got rather uninterested in it. It's a fun game, but it's one of those games that you have to question "do I really feel like making the effort of putting the disk in, or continue playing what I'm certainly enjoying" IMO. I've been playing LoL and before that, pokemon, skullgirls, etc.. and I found little motivation to switch to splatoon and kept on playing these games (Would you rather be a Squid Kid? Or a Hot Semi-Spider Semi-Human Girl? I pick the later in LoL ). It's the last current gen game on my mind when I ask myself "what do I want to play today?". Not saying it's bad, it's just, for me, repetive.. once it's in the console and you get started, you get sucked in but for me, getting started seems lacking for me. IMHO, not sure if any others feel that way.

Hyrule warriors was good, and personally my favorite so far on the Wii u, I kept replaying it over, and over again.. but while grinding for levels and gold skulltulas (I think my link is 74..), it got a bit repetive, and once I tried something new for once, I just forgot about owning the game. Another thing to keep in mind, is this is a spin-off... not even made by nintendo's developers. So it shouldn't be expected to live up to old nintendo standards as this is somebody else's standards with nintendo's relation.

Anyway.... I don't know what it is... if it's because I've grown older and unaccepting of newer standards and focus more on nostalga, I want everything like it used to be, and because I'm not getting that, I have no motivation to visit some newer games.. but I will requote something a twitch streamer told me in a halo 5 livestream:

Unnamed%20SpeedRunner wrote:

Was Halo 5 up to standards? Firstly, when was the last time a person you asked about any sequel these past few years and they responded yes? NOBODY today thinks any game has lived to it's standards of very old timey nostalga prequels. People want those moments they had in those games, and they're not going to get them since it was in THAT game.. not this one, no matter how much better it is. People are just way too picky with what they want, and when they don't get the perfect mental image, they disown it. People's imaginations of upcoming games are usually thoughts of them as the best they can be.. even very unrealistic, and unforunately, that cannot happen... and if they think the worst of the game to begin with, they're just going to keep finding reasons to continue hating it.

Let this sink in, pretty much, no matter what you get next.. you're not going to be satisfied. And SFZ and MPFF is a prime example of this, SFZ is bashed on for several reason best left in the other thread, and MPFF isn't being accepted at all.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

ThePirateCaptain

Wow, this thread has turned into an epic angry quoting battle I see.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Socar

@Bolt_Strike: Wow.....you seem to be really that negative over this one game.

Funny...because recently, SEGA announced in Japan that a new Valkyria Chronicles game has showed up. What's odd is that it looks more like a spinoff than a true sequel. The character designs are nowhere near as identical as the style that the previous games have used. And to top it off, it incorporates more medieval elements..... when the previous games had only like two which are Valkyrias and Ragnites.

Despite that, this doesn't seem all bad news because of what.......SEGA is all of a sudden better than Nintendo when one third of their decisions are far worse than what Nintendo has done as of now?

I can understand that you are like me being skeptical of the game and I respect that because games should have some value regardless of what they are offering to us. But here's one big problem.....this and I repeat, this is Nintendo we are talking about here. Everything they have made as of now have been polished with passion and care.

They are nowhere as horrible as say SEGA where they make big promises but fail to deliver. If Nintendo makes mistakes, they learn from it and improve on it when the time comes. They aren't like Sony and Microsoft who immediately fix off the issues (oh and btw, many of them still to this day aren't fixed between those two.)

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3. Completely different than the Land series after this and we never see another Super Mario Land game until the 3DS one showed up. Yet the game did incredibly well enough that it spawned its own series and Wario was further pushed into another franchise called Wario Ware.

Having spinoffs improves the value of an IP but I will agree that the spinoffs need to be as polished as the main games which they are in Nintendo's case for the majority of the times.

Sticker Star is a game that I didn't like a LOT.....but I see why many would like it. Say a game you hate and there will be someone to defend it. Not worth your money, make a small rant and ignore it just like me.

But to defend both the new Valkyria, we haven't seen much of gameplay footage but a trailer instead and admittedly, the trailer is impressive even for what is supposedly a spin off.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

It isn't that I'm not annoyed at this game, it's that I'm not stupid enough to direct my anger at an unreleased spinoff game that will likely be good. The problem is some combination of Nintendo refusing to make a Metroid game Metroid fans want and gamers refusing to consistently make Metroid the Zelda-like success it deserves because they were too busy playing...I dunno, Halo ODST or some garbage. (based on Prime 1, apparently you have to release one of the most beloved games in HISTORY in order to get past 1-1.5 million sales).

The fact that a silly looking spinoff game is coming out is borderline irrelevant to the issue.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

I-U

I just finished watching a Let's Play of Tri Force Heroes a few days ago, and I would say my opinion towards Metroid Prime Federation Force has only become more favorable. I have been waiting for a solid multiplayer experience from another Metroid Prime game for nearly a decade since Metroid Prime Hunters. From what little has been shown, Federation Force looks to deliver whether through co-op missions or competitive matches in Blast Ball. I cannot wait to again be involved in intense first person skirmishes with the likes of Space Pirates and explore settings in a more focused perspective. This time around I can do that with my siblings, and that's probably what I'm the most excited for, getting my siblings more involved with Metroid.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

KO-Cub

@I-U: Hmm. Just referencing what I-U said.
This is something on my mind from the get-go for Fed-Force. The fact that it's pretty much based around the fact that you need other players/people with Fed-Force or you could be missing out on much of this game. As one of those disappointed people upon Fed-Force being announced, this was one of my solid reasons, apart from the 5 year wait, why I think this was such a swing and miss.

If I want to play this (especially away from troll people w/lag if this has online play), then I need people around me to play, but I doubt they even might get the game, because they might either be fans of Metroid that are disappointed with this game, or non-fans that hardly care for the franchise, and both groups, not even consider buying the game.
Just saying... This game is just a really risky move.
I dunno, my 2-cents.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

I-U

I do plan on playing Federation Force alone as well, since Tanabe did say that there would be a single player aspect to the game. What that is like though hasn't really been shared and if it's anything like Tri Force Heroes, where it seems the solo player has to coordinate inept computers around, I don't think I'll enjoy that experience much. That's what I have a bit of worry for, but I've challenged myself with Metroid before, doing speedruns and other self-imposed conditional completions, so maybe working with three computers in the game won't be so much of a problem. I think many people and fans just simply need to wait until Fed Force gets more exposure in a new Direct. I certainly have been wanting to learn more even though I plan to get a copy/copies of the game regardless.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

TuVictus

But isn't the single player aspect just the same missions you would play with others, but alone?

I admit, if they go as far as to have a single player campaign completely separate from the Multiplayer one, I'd be impressed, But I don't think that's the case

TuVictus

Araquanid

Well, from what I saw with the ice beast in the multiplayer footage, the game is IMPOSSIBLE without multiplayer in it's current state, as it would require teamwork in that scenario. One guy has to lure in the cage, destract them, and another has to close the gate.. and even with two people this is tough.

They would have to alter the solo mode completely to work properly with solo mode. How drastically I'm not sure.. hopefully it doesn't just remove multi required stages entirely and call it a day with a couple solo ones... unless the ai is ridiculously good as teammates.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

@Artwark I never said SEGA was better than Nintendo. SEGA is definitely worse, but Nintendo is starting to make some of the same mistakes that SEGA's made before. I see no sense of quality, care, or polish in Nintendo's recent lineup, it's becoming more and more cynically cash grabby over the course of the generation and they've taken to pushing out games that are lacking content and shoehorning in half baked concepts that don't really belong in their IPs to pander to the mass market. I've seen virtually nothing this generation that suggests that Nintendo still cares about their games, they're getting desperate and abandoning their principles in order to retain their place in the industry.

Bolt_Strike

Socar

@Bolt_Strike: Let's argue that point here.

1.Super Mario Maker seems to have loads of content and while majority isn't from Nintendo, the fact that there's a lot to play just proves otherwise.

2.Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS: Need I say more? Certainly a lot of content here.

3.Splatoon: More DLC means more content.

4.FE: Fates: Loads of content especially when you buy them separately.

I want to argue that its really not cash grabby if it doesn't have annoying microtransactions that ruin the experience. Infact, you don't really need both games in fates to enjoy the experience.

Right now, you have to understand that Nintendo just lost Satoru Iwata and obviously, things slowed down there and would probably explain why the recent games that Nintendo has now are mix bag to some. Its really hard for a company to move on without finding someone that can replicate that talent that Iwata-San had.

I was just like you that there is no way Nintendo can recover fast after the passing of Iwata-san. But after the fact that the amiibo sold like 23 Million, them making a huge profit and the recent direct that no one saw it coming, i'd say that they are doing as fine as they normally do. Its just that this year didn't deliver much but its very understandable why this happened.

Also, we're suppose to argue about spin-offs here. How is it that you are changing the subject? Are you trying to be like me?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

@Artwark The problem isn't with content, it's with general game ideas. The majority of the lineup falls into these three categories:

-Rehashes of previous games and ideas (pretty much every platformer this gen, Smash)
-Bad ideas for spinoffs that don't fit the series or just aren't what the fans want (Triforce Heroes, Federation Force, Mario & Luigi Paper Jam)
-Gimmicky cash grabs that revolve around Amiibo and F2P (Pokemon Shuffle, Pokemon Rumble World, Amiibo Party, Badge Arcade)

They haven't been doing a good job of coming up with new ideas for games and it seems they've gotten lazy and started succumbing to casuals and the mobile market. The game lineup just seems so soulless now, the quirky charm and creative ideas that we saw in past lineups are virtually absent from this gen (with a few exceptions, the main one being Splatoon).

Bolt_Strike

Sorry, this topic has been locked.