Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 141 to 160 of 923

CaviarMeths

Electricmastro wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Now that I'm over my initial disappointment that we're not getting a new Samus game this generation, this actually looks pretty fun.

http://www.thegamingpixelshow.com/metroid-prime-federation-fo...

“You’ll be able to see her somewhere in the game" is not a Samus game.

The series is not known as "Samus", it's known as Metroid.

I'm keenly aware. Note my distinction of expressing interest specifically in a Samus game though. I did so to convey that I am interested in a Metroid game starring Samus. Sorry that wasn't clear enough.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

-Green-

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

Some how that petition to cancel it has 11,000 signatures.

I'm not surprised to be honest. I just don't understand what they're trying to accomplish at this point.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Pokefanmum82

They aren't going to cancel the game. So this petition accomplishes nothing. I have played Metroid titles before and while I understand people are upset, this is taking it too far. Next Level Games has done a lot of work on this and people are basically giving them the middle finger. Yeah this isn't the game you wanted but it looks like a fun title in its own right.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Jaz007

Oh gosh, I just took a look at some screenshots and it's worse than I thought. That art style is awful. I mean seriously, how am I supposed to take it seriously when it looks like that? Metroid is a serious series, and it needs to be taken seriously to work. My interest in this was actually just lessened.

Jaz007

Araquanid

Jaz007 wrote:

That art style is awful. I mean seriously, how am I supposed to take it seriously when it looks like that?

The same way you took metroid NES, minecraft, starfox 64, and every other franchise seriously.

Graphics means absolutely nothing to the game itself. Not to mention the graphics will probably be patched up a bit before final release, this game has a whole year to improve yet.

Heck, if you model rip the original metroid prime.. the artstyle wasn't all the perfect either.
Untitled

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Eel

"Metroid needs to be taken seriously"

Hah.

Anyway. I'm not entirely sure what's so bad or ugly about the graphics.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Barely_able

Jaz007 wrote:

Oh gosh, I just took a look at some screenshots and it's worse than I thought. That art style is awful. I mean seriously, how am I supposed to take it seriously when it looks like that? Metroid is a serious series, and it needs to be taken seriously to work. My interest in this was actually just lessened.

Such a serious series that they awarded players with Samus in a bikini for beating it fast enough.....

Barely_able

Koopa-King

It seems the pure hatred has calmed down a notch and people arent trying to spout that Next Level Games just killed their firstborn Metroid which is a step in the right direction. I have to feel bad for the devs though. Making an otherwise fun spin-off title causes them to be beaten to a pulp by the internet while they claimed they should be fired. Any fan of Metroid or videogames in general that wants developer fired from their position because they didnt make the game they wanted IS NOT a metroid fan. That is an idiot. It's almost like people forget developing games is also a job...for income.

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

Nintendo Network ID: nyansloth

Jaz007

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

That art style is awful. I mean seriously, how am I supposed to take it seriously when it looks like that?

The same way you took metroid NES, minecraft, starfox 64, and every other franchise seriously.

Graphics means absolutely nothing to the game itself. Not to mention the graphics will probably be patched up a bit before final release, this game has a whole year to improve yet.

Heck, if you model rip the original metroid prime.. the artstyle wasn't all the perfect either.
Untitled

You're forgetting a few things. Metroid isn't like Star Fox, that game wasn't meant to be taken nearly as seriously as Metroid (same goes for Minecraft). You're also comparing aged grahics to those of today, those things used to look better back on the day. Metroid Prime had pretty good graphics for the time. It just looks ugly now because standards have risen.

@Morpheel You don't think Metroid Prime(s) was a pretty serious game?

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Barely_able

After watching the treehouse stream, it looks rather entertaining. 3DS graphics always look terrible in screenshots/videos so I'm not too worried. And the gameplay is really what matters on that system anyway. What I am worried about is if they include voice chat in the game. Seems essential, but I'm not sure how it would work on 3DS or if they even want to include it (I doubt they will looking at their track record in almost every game).

Barely_able

Araquanid

Well, I'm not going to lie, the literal only reason to hate on the game is the graphical style, I will say it certainly could've looked better, especially if the other primes were even slightly better, and majora's mask ran so good. (I'm biting my tongue on xenoblade as tbh I still find the graphics bad)

Untitled
These obviously seem to be the prime 2 pirates,
Untitled

But regardless, I never appreciated super metroid, zelda, or any nintendo game for their graphics.. I enjoyed the gameplay, and if this game is fun to play, GJ nintendo, and that's all there is to it. Shame modern gaming is so reliant on good graphics..

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Jaz007

Barely_Able wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Such a serious series that they awarded players with Samus in a bikini for beating it fast enough.....

Have you played Metroid Prime? That part of the series is long gone.

Jaz007

Jaz007

@Megabeedrill Metroid is a very atmospheric game. Good graphics can play a good role in that. Also it's not just that it has 3DS graphics, it's the art style itself. The direction of the graphics doesn't work well for Metroid. For example, what would happen if you took COD's art style and used it on the next Mario game? It wouldn't work very well.

Jaz007

Eel

The Prime sub-series is more or less an spinoff. They're almost completely unrelated to the core Metroid games, and they were made specifically to attract the attention of American audiences. (Even more in the case of Hunters).

Anyway, the thing that makes me wonder about the graphics... Aren't the suits supposed to be really big? Like, at least twice the size of the driver?

Those space pirates must be huge.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Koopa-King

People seem to want to compare this spin-off game to a main series Metroid game. Its clearly not aiming to be atmospheric and much more combat focused which I honestly think is a fresh take on the series. It seems like Nintendo need to put a "spin-off" sticker on the front of the box to make sure people dont expect anything else.

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

Nintendo Network ID: nyansloth

Araquanid

Actually CoD's graphics in mario would be pretty interesting to see.
Untitled

But I agree the graphics improve metroid's dark and isolation atmosphere, however that's not what this game is about, it's about working as a team and expanding the story about the metroid universe, other than samus. Expanding what the galactic federation does, since we really know nothing about them other than the poor choices they made on the bottle ship, and the war agains the space pirates.. in which.. samus did everything.

That, is the definition of what this game is meant to be, a spin-off and it is naturally never going to live up to it's other successors. Eventually we may get that amazing HD prime game, but this wasn't even intended to be it, and fans are taking it too seriously when it's clearly a small little game to tide us over for the next big title.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Araquanid

@Morpheel actually the suits are made to fit the person inside, they're literaly how chunky the solders are in this game for whatever reason.

Untitled

The way I see it, is nintendo is trying to dumb the game down a bit to appeal to a more younger audience. I noticed this with other m a bit, yet it was still a T rated game.. this one does look like a child would be the target audience for it. Just telling by how unrealisticly fat the solders and pirates are, they look like they've fit to mii size.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Eel

The first time we saw the sports mini game, I remember seeing a chibi human jumping into the suit, maybe I remember incorrectly.

Or they use bigger suits to play ball

Bloop.

Araquanid

I remember seeing that too, I thought it was a mii jumping into a mech, and I remember somebody at the championships quote:

"How to make soccer appeal more to Americans? Robots!"

Maybe they're just protective suits for the sports, while the actual solders in armor are for faster on foot combat?

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

-Green-

Morpheel wrote:

The first time we saw the sports mini game, I remember seeing a chibi human jumping into the suit, maybe I remember incorrectly.

Or they use bigger suits to play ball

Yeah the characters in Blast Ball were definitely small when compared to their suit, but that may to implement the who ejection mechanic that occurs when a suit is too damaged.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Sorry, this topic has been locked.