Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 101 to 120 of 923

Aozz101x

interesting...
http://nintendoeverything.com/metroid-prime-producer-wants-to...

This information comes from Metroid Prime producer Kensuke Tanabe when if Metroid Prime Federation Force is the only Metroid Prime game he’s working on…
“I said this at the beginning, but I’m not involved in the 2D Metroid games that Mr. Sakamoto works on. I still feel like there’s a little more work left for me to do in the Metroid Prime series. I can’t say when, but I want to make another one.
– Tanabe reminded IGN about the ending of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
– After Samus’s ship flies off into the distance, another ship suddenly appears
– He said that players Metroid Prime Hunters should recognize that the ship belongs to a bounty hunter called Sylux.
“He’s actually chasing after Samus, and that’s where that game ends. There’s still more I want to build around the story of Sylux and Samus. There’s something going on between them. I want to make a game that touches upon [it].”
“I’m also thinking that, in that eventual game between Sylux and Samus that might get made, that I wants to involve the [Galactic] Federation as well. So it would be a good idea to release a game like Federation Forces to flesh out its role in the galaxy before moving on to that.”

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

-Green-

Yay, all is well for the Metroid fans (I hope). Seriously though, this gives the game much more justification and helps please the fans, which is pretty good. Too bad 3,244+ people have already petitioned for the games cancellation :/ .

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Eel

In the grand scheme of things, 3244 is a worthless number.

It's just not a good enough amount of people.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

-Green-

Morpheel wrote:

In the grand scheme of things, 3244 is a worthless number.

Yeah I know, just a bit of friendly teasing and I found it a bit ironic.

Edited on by -Green-

NinChocolate

I knew NLG was behind this as soon as they showed blast ball at World Champs. I feel really bad for these guys that the game is being told not to exist. I just can't imagine the heart-slump of the team there since they were eager to finally show their next Nintendo game

NinChocolate

DefHalan

Played Blast Ball a bit today and it was a lot of fun. I do want to try out the story mode. (mission mode maybe?) To settle the argument over this being a Metroid spin-off, I would like to turn things over to Batman.

Batman: "This isn't the Metroid game Nintendo Fans need, but it is the one they deserve."

Thanks Batmam

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

PanicPuppet

(Hours later after recovering from fanboy rage)

I came across a screencap from an imageboard (probably 4chan) where the anonymous OP, who may or may not be from the inside, answered questions about Federation Force. With the most interesting ones being:

-Nintendo didn't want to leave Metroid out of the Digital Event so the trailer was added in last minute, which is why it lacks any context in the presentation
-The game is meant to be a spinoff compliment to a true Metroid title currently in development (...!)

While it should of course be taken with a grain of salt, it sure makes the whole thing sound more logical. I can't see Nintendo giving Metroid a 5 year break only to make Federation Force.

PanicPuppet

iKhan

DefHalan wrote:

Played Blast Ball a bit today and it was a lot of fun. I do want to try out the story mode. (mission mode maybe?) To settle the argument over this being a Metroid spin-off, I would like to turn things over to Batman.

Batman: "This isn't the Metroid game Nintendo Fans need, but it is the one they deserve."

Thanks Batmam

I'm pretty sure the phrase goes the other way.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DefHalan

iKhan wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Thanks Batmam

I'm pretty sure the phrase goes the other way.

Not for this game

DefHalan

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Apparently according to the Unseen64 guy on Twitter who always leaks games, there was two other more traditional Metroid for 3DS games that Nintendo canceled before this game.

They were probably bad games if they were canceled.

Araquanid

Metroid has cancelled a lot of games even from way back when. Metroid 64, and metroid dread are what come to mind.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Octane

Pahvi wrote:

Speaking of co-op shooters... was Project Treasure (Wii U) mentioned at all?

Nope...

Octane

-Godot

I think the game will turn out fine as long as it maintains the whole Metroid style of exploration that has made the series great.
It seems like it will be difficult to have a FPS Metroidvania in 4-person multiplayer though...
If it's linear, it won't be too good.

Currently bored (while change when I stop being bored)

Koopa-King

Change.org is only alive now to feed petitions like these that lack any real reason to be made other than a small disagreement.

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

Nintendo Network ID: nyansloth

-Green-

koopa-king wrote:

Change.org is only alive now to feed petitions like these that lack any real reason to be made other than a small disagreement.

The petition has gain 6606+ signatures. It literally doubled since I last checked it.

Koopa-King

Reading the comments for this petition I doubt the intellect of some of the people who are petitioning for this.

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

Koopa-King

I wouldn't mind seeing a demo for this game releasing. I feel it would negate some negative press.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.