Forums

Topic: Bit.Trip.Saga

Posts 41 to 55 of 55

komicturtle

I've never played these games.

komicturtle

Birdman

Well, if there's no added bonuses for having any combo of the WiiWare, Wii disc and 3DS versions, I'll just get it on my 3DS.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

HawkeyeWii

I haven't played a single game in this series and want to really bad!! So obviously i want to get one of either of the 2 compilations.
Which should I get? The Bit Trip Complete for Wii, or Bit Trip Saga for 3DS?????
Someone help please!!!!

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

iphys

Complete, hands down!!! You get more content, and the games aren't full of glitches like on Saga.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

HawkeyeWii

@iphys
Thank you very much!
I just noticed it was cheap on Amazon so I thought I might as well!

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

dumedum

I also bought it cheap on Amazon and I have all Wiiware versions too. You should get Saga too, as it's also cheap. "Full of glitches" is a gross overstatement, unless you are extremely demanding of course. I had no problem with it.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

dumedum

I need to check, because I've never beaten Core completely, not on the Wii either. The only ones I beaten completely were Runner, Fate and Flux.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

ejamer

Saga has some minor audio issues and unfortunately the framerate isn't what it should be - pretty much forcing you to turn off 3D effects in some spots. But if you use headphones and turn off the 3D then things run fine the majority of the time. For some people, having a "slightly less than perfect" portable version of these games is well worth the $10-15 asking price.

Complete is very clearly the better version, and if you are only going to get one then it should be that Wii release. But don't take the complaints against Saga so seriously; the portable rendition isn't nearly as broken as some people would have you believe.

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

iphys

I use headphones and the audio still cuts out on me, and I tried turning the 3D off for Control, and although it seemed somewhat better, it still didn't fix it to a degree that I considered it playable. I realize a couple of the games in Saga do play reasonably well, but it's just such a huge disappointment that I can't play my favourite Bit.Trip level on it that I find it pretty shocking it was released as is, and I find it hard to recommend the game even at the reduced price. They should have just carefully ported the games one by one and released them individually on the eShop, rather than doing this rush job to release the full collection.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Philip_J_Reed

iphys wrote:

I use headphones and the audio still cuts out on me, and I tried turning the 3D off for Control, and although it seemed somewhat better, it still didn't fix it to a degree that I considered it playable. I realize a couple of the games in Saga do play reasonably well, but it's just such a huge disappointment that I can't play my favourite Bit.Trip level on it that I find it pretty shocking it was released as is, and I find it hard to recommend the game even at the reduced price. They should have just carefully ported the games one by one and released them individually on the eShop, rather than doing this rush job to release the full collection.

Yeah, I'm with you here. "Slightly less than perfect" is an extremely generous way to refer to the problems with this game. Core and Runner have some absolutely atrocious sections that play terribly. For a rhythm based game visual stutters and audio desynchs are pretty inexcusable.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

theblackdragon

ejamer wrote:

But don't take the complaints against Saga so seriously; the portable rendition isn't nearly as broken as some people would have you believe.

It probably depends on which of the games in the series you prefer. Core and Runner are my two favorite Bit.Trip games and they were the two most broken, so for me, Saga was a glaring disappointment and I don't think I've touched it since the first week after I bought it — all that running around, bothering GameStop locations in my area until one of them finally had a copy in days after its street date... bah. :/

@HawkeyeWii: Definitely go for Complete if you're choosing between the two — if not for the fact that it's not glitchy, do it for the bonus levels that Saga doesn't have :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

bezerker99

I agree 100% with tbd and Phillip.

Also..........I never would have gotten SAGA had I known about the lag in Runner.

I did 100% Runner on the 3DS (something I've not done on the WiiWare version or on Complete) so I did play the game A LOT, despite the awful lag. But it's easily the worst rendition of the game available. I'm still at a loss for words as to why Gaijin hasn't provided an update that eliminates the lag.

For me, the only cool thing about Bit.Trip SAGA is the quote by Corbs on the back cover. Too awesome! You don't get cool quotes like that when you download the game digitally!

Untitled

Edited on by bezerker99

Blathers

Now that there's an admin post on the thread... not sure if good necro or bad necro...

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

3DS Friend Code: 1848-2106-5430

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.