Forums

Topic: Best Buy BOGO Sale

Posts 101 to 120 of 147

Prof_Clayton

brewsky wrote:

Prof_Clayton wrote:

I tried my Target and Wamart... both said the exact same thing, word for word. "We simply don't do Buy one Get one."
Sheesh. >_>

And that's when you go to Corporate. Did you show them their price match policy?

I did it on phone, and both times I got snotty girls who, no offense, but honestly seemed like they couldn't wait to hang up the phone. ._.
I actually recalled Walmart, but they said even with the prices listed online, they don't do BOGO.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

Prof_Clayton

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

@Prof_Clayton: I'd show Walmart the Ad Match Guarantee.

Ad%20Match%20Guarantee wrote:

We gladly match the price in the following types of ads:**

*Buy one, get one free ads with a specified price
Example: Buy one for $2.49, get one free (BOGO)

Competitors' ads that feature a specific item for a specified price

Preferred shopping card prices for specific items that are in a printed ad

For fresh produce and meat items when the price is offered in the same unit type (lb. for lb.; each for each)

Right, but for Walmart, they do not honor:

"Buy one, get one free (BOGO) ads with no actual price given" or "Internet pricing". This way they say the ad has a range, not a specific price. And the if I say it is online, they say you can't do that.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com

Yoshi

Target is the best bet. They price match Best Buy's online store, and it clearly states the BOGO offer and their prices for each game. It clearly meets the requirements that Target has stated, as others have had success.

If you're having trouble, you need that Best Buy page and ad match policy that I posted earlier. You need to put your foot down or go to a different store if necessary.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

SomeBitTripFan

@Prof_Clayton: Is there a printed form of the Best Buy Weekly Ad? You could knock out "internet pricing" if there is. I can't help with the price range thing, although you could make the argument that the prices on the specific games you are wanting are given. I'm not all too familiar with legal whatnot, but there are prices given on each item. It would be odd to argue so aggressively over two games, but it could work.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

LzWinky

I believe it also requires a manager approval. I know that a lot of sales have that clause.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Prof_Clayton

brewsky wrote:

Target is the best bet. They price match Best Buy's online store, and it clearly states the BOGO offer and their prices for each game. It clearly meets the requirements that Target has stated, as others have had success.

If you're having trouble, you need that Best Buy page and ad match policy that I posted earlier. You need to put your foot down or go to a different store if necessary.

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/shop-w...
I see what you mean... should I got directly to the store and talk to an employee? Or even go so far as to bring out a manager? I'm not sure I want to even go there unless I'm sure I can get the games. Thanks for the help! :3

Welcome to my signature.

Xyphon22

Has anyone actually had a problem at Target, shown them their policy, and had them reverse course? Because if they are nice enough to do it without question, then lucky you, but I don't see anywhere in their policy that suggests they will price match a BOGO. Most places don't.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Yoshi

@Prof_Clayton. Here's what you do.

Pick out the games you want and head to the checkout.
Try to find a cashier who looks like he or she will be your best bet. Someone experienced, very nice. You don't want someone new or cranky.
Checkout and attempt the price match. Show the cashier the BOGO offer and the prices for each game, make sure it is clearly stated.
You may or may not have success, just keep pushing. He or she might call over a manager. This is fine.
Explain the offer to the manager and state that it meets Target's guidelines for price matching.
If this seems like it's not working or you need more "umph" to get your point across, bring out Target's ad match policy, and say that it meets their criteria.
You may have to push a little, but be nice about it. Feel free to climb up the management ladder up to and including the store manager.

Above all, be nice, yet firm. Don't be afraid to put your foot down, but don't be mean about it. Regardless of the outcome, always thank the associates and managers for their time. I can't guarantee that this will work, but several people have had success that actually go into the store and attempt it, rather than calling them, for example.

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Yoshi

Xyphon22 wrote:

Has anyone actually had a problem at Target, shown them their policy, and had them reverse course? Because if they are nice enough to do it without question, then lucky you, but I don't see anywhere in their policy that suggests they will price match a BOGO. Most places don't.

Target's policy states that if a BOGO does not feature a specific price, then it won't be price matched. However, Best Buy's online store has the offer and the prices, so obviously it should work.

Now playing:

Spoony_Tech

My problem with the whole deal is why only the white pro controller. The black ones are just sitting there and should be the replacement when whites run out. Now I have to go to target or Wal-Mart and get a price match. I don't feel like running around.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JadedGamer

@spoony_tech..why do want the black when you have the basic wiiu set? I wouldnt want to mix those colors. Unless its a nintendo chracter theme...

JadedGamer

3DS Friend Code: 4141-3421-9359 | Nintendo Network ID: Nbajunkie

Spoony_Tech

I could really care less about the color honestly. I just want it for that price. Either way I must go elsewhere now anyways.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

LzWinky

I don't think Target will price match a different color item. It may have to be very specific

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Prof_Clayton

brewsky wrote:

@Prof_Clayton. Here's what you do.

Pick out the games you want and head to the checkout.
Try to find a cashier who looks like he or she will be your best bet. Someone experienced, very nice. You don't want someone new or cranky.
Checkout and attempt the price match. Show the cashier the BOGO offer and the prices for each game, make sure it is clearly stated.
You may or may not have success, just keep pushing. He or she might call over a manager. This is fine.
Explain the offer to the manager and state that it meets Target's guidelines for price matching.
If this seems like it's not working or you need more "umph" to get your point across, bring out Target's ad match policy, and say that it meets their criteria.
You may have to push a little, but be nice about it. Feel free to climb up the management ladder up to and including the store manager.

Above all, be nice, yet firm. Don't be afraid to put your foot down, but don't be mean about it. Regardless of the outcome, always thank the associates and managers for their time. I can't guarantee that this will work, but several people have had success that actually go into the store and attempt it, rather than calling them, for example.

Right, so I called them even though it wasn't reccomended, mainly to see if they had the games even in stock still. Well, surprise, they had Kirby (huzzah!). So I thought I may as well take a second crack at this whole thing. On the phone I talked to the associate, who said, "We don'tvdo BOGO." (Ugh if I had a dollar everytime I heard that today I'd have a free game coming anyway >_> ).
So I pressed her. She got really confused, and sent me to the tech department head guy. He was confused so somehow I got transferred a few times to the manager. Convenient. I'll put here, for all to see, their response, in condensed form:

(If you come to the store, we can load up our policy on our iPad to check our corporate page. We will also load up the digital Best Buy ad as well. If the Best Buy ad does completely comply with our policies, we can give you the price match. We just have to do this to be sure everything is the same, from prices in store matching online prices, to the length of the sale, etc.)

So for those who's Best Buy is sold out cough everyone cough, head down to your Target today! Be sure to have them hold a copy of both games behind the desk for you as well, as they might sell out too. However, Walmart should not give you the sale, unless they aren't very smart at your store.
Thanks for letting me know how to approach them @Brewsky and others!

Welcome to my signature.

Spoony_Tech

That's why I'm hoping they have the white and since its not on sale There they should have a few.

MERG said:

Prof_Clayton

Unca_Lz wrote:

I don't think Target will price match a different color item. It may have to be very specific

They won't simply because the item won't have the same SKU I believe.

Welcome to my signature.

Yoshi

Hooray! I knew that would work!

Hope is not lost, everyone!

Now playing:

DefHalan

brewsky wrote:

@DefHalen You march right down to Target with a copy of their ad match policy and this page here. http://deals.bestbuy.com/#!/video+games

It fits within their policy and the prices can be verified.

EDIT: Here's a copy of Target's price match policy.

I don't care that much. I will get the games I want later, I already have a huge backlog.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Epicnessofme99

Well this sucks, wanted to pick up some games but they're all sold out in my area and it seems it's the case for many of you guys.

Nintendo Network ID: Epicnessofme Feel free to add me :D
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9343-5065

Nintendo Network ID: Epicnessofme

Totoro

Epicnessofme99 wrote:

Well this sucks, wanted to pick up some games but they're all sold out in my area and it seems it's the case for many of you guys.

I went to my local best buy and they were out of everything. I had them check inventory at every best buy within 30 miles. Ended up driving about 25 minutes to another one, but they had one copy left each of pokemon X and Yoshi's Island which is what I was looking for.

Where is my cat bus?

Nintendo addict. Every system including 64dd randnet and virtual boy. I have way too many 3ds xl's.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.