3DS Forum

Topic: Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate

Showing 1 to 20 of 26

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SkywardLink98

1. Posted:

The newest Batman Arkham game has been revealed, and a companion game is hitting the 3DS.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/04/09/may-cov...
Not much is known unfortunately, but let's hope it's good.

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
"I don't have the right name or the right look, but twice the heart" - Fall Out Boy

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

2. Posted:

I am definitely getting both! 2.5D Batman game, count me in!!! Sounds amazing, especially since it has some Metroid people behind it.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Humphries90

3. Posted:

I'm probably looking forward to this more than the home console version.

My game reviews: http://jordanhumphries90.wordpress.com/
Latest review: Monster Shooter [3DS]

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

4. Posted:

It has DeathStroke! :D

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Captain_Balko

5. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

It has DeathStroke! :D

I KNOW! SO AWESOME...

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SkywardLink98

6. Posted:

I'm hoping to see some footage of it soon. Since we have two prequels behind the home console version we have plenty of details on, but I really want to see how it looks & plays on the 3DS.

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
"I don't have the right name or the right look, but twice the heart" - Fall Out Boy

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

7. Posted:

Humphries90 wrote:

I'm probably looking forward to this more than the home console version.

Agree on that point. The console version sounds like a cash in on the Arkham name but who knows it could be good. But yeah the 3DS one definitely has me excited.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

8. Posted:

Cautiously super excited about this. Batman + Metroid = win — I just hope it doesn't suffer (mostly framerate-wise) because of the Vita version. D:

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

9. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Humphries90 wrote:

I'm probably looking forward to this more than the home console version.

Agree on that point. The console version sounds like a cash in on the Arkham name but who knows it could be good. But yeah the 3DS one definitely has me excited.

I feel like Warner Brother would make sure the franchise gets good games for consoles

Edited on by Jaz007

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted 2..

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SkywardLink98

10. Posted:

The 3DS version is going to be Metroid-like in 2.5D but is going to keep some of the main parts of the gameplay of consoles (vantage points, stealth gameplay, free-flow combat). Sounds really good.

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
"I don't have the right name or the right look, but twice the heart" - Fall Out Boy

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

11. Posted:

Sounds cool. Glad they're making a game appropriate for a portable rather than just creating a dumbed-down version of the console game.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

12. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Humphries90 wrote:

I'm probably looking forward to this more than the home console version.

Agree on that point. The console version sounds like a cash in on the Arkham name but who knows it could be good. But yeah the 3DS one definitely has me excited.

I feel like Warner Brother would make sure the franchise gets good games for consoles

And they hopefully will. I just think that maybe they should have called this game something else rather than connect it to the Arkham series. Its like what they did with Superman Returns IMO.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

13. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Humphries90 wrote:

I'm probably looking forward to this more than the home console version.

Agree on that point. The console version sounds like a cash in on the Arkham name but who knows it could be good. But yeah the 3DS one definitely has me excited.

I feel like Warner Brother would make sure the franchise gets good games for consoles

And they hopefully will. I just think that maybe they should have called this game something else rather than connect it to the Arkham series. Its like what they did with Superman Returns IMO.

But its a prequel to the Arkham series?

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

14. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Humphries90 wrote:

I'm probably looking forward to this more than the home console version.

Agree on that point. The console version sounds like a cash in on the Arkham name but who knows it could be good. But yeah the 3DS one definitely has me excited.

I feel like Warner Brother would make sure the franchise gets good games for consoles

And they hopefully will. I just think that maybe they should have called this game something else rather than connect it to the Arkham series. Its like what they did with Superman Returns IMO.

But its a prequel to the Arkham series?

Yeah but just the fact that they got a different studio to do it and a different writer and we aren't even sure on the cast yet it just feels to me like a cheap cash in thats all. Its like when a movies studio decides oh lets make a prequel to a movie that came out 20 years ago and they have a different cast and different writers (Yeah Lucas I am looking at you :P ) it feels the same way to me. But hey I could be wrong and it could be a great game I am just saying that that is the impression I am getting from it now. I mean why add the Arkham name to it. Couldnt they just have easily called it Batman Origins or maybe Batman Gotham CIty Origins? I mean Arkham City didnt come into existence till the end of Arkham Asylum and that was due to the outcome there was no way of telling that Arkham City was going to be the end factor.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

e6666

15. Posted:

The coolest thing about the whole game is that in Arkham City the thugs mention in their discussions at least one time Blackgate and I think "an event that took place there, after what happened...." At the time it seemed strange. Really nice that they had the foresight and already planned the prequel. Wonder if it was wii u exclusive conversation.

Edited on by e6666

e6666

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

16. Posted:

e6666 wrote:

The coolest thing about the whole game is that in Arkham City the thugs mention in their discussions at least one time Blackgate and I think "an event that took place there, after what happened...." At the time it seemed strange. Really nice that they had the foresight and already planned the prequel. Wonder if it was wii u exclusive conversation.

No. I remember hearing the thugs talk about that on the Xbox 360 version as well.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SkywardLink98

17. Posted:

In Arkham Asylum they mention a fire at blackgate which required them to move all the prisoners to Arkham Asylum, which is why so many supervillians are so close together.

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
"I don't have the right name or the right look, but twice the heart" - Fall Out Boy

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage
Avatar

e6666

18. Posted:

Nice. Yeah, I think that's it again. They also mentioned something about New Haven or something Haven I think.

e6666

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Captain_Balko

19. Posted:

e6666 wrote:

Nice. Yeah, I think that's it again. They also mentioned something about New Haven or something Haven I think.

It was Bludhaven - Nightwing's hunting grounds.

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Midnight3DS

20. Posted:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/04/armature_reveals_mor...

Really looking forward to this, as it will both be unique, yet in the spirit of Arkham gameplay.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs