Forums

Topic: Aw yeah! Persona Q!

Posts 241 to 260 of 281

Spoony_Tech

Have you actually fought the 4 one yet?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Have you actually fought the 4 one yet?

In the Inaba Pride Exhibit?

The annoying sweaty one that dodges 90% of your attacks and doesn't stay panicked for more than a single turn.

Not the ones hopping around with the thing on their shoulders.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Spoony_Tech

Yes, the ones hopping around with things on their shoulders

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech: They're super easy to dodge, but now I'm curious. I'll update you afterward to let you know if I survived my encounter.

Ralizah

I couldn't seem to keep magic bind on them long enough to keep them from healing over and over.

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: You're not suppose to be able to beat it just yet. I believe it will be a request once you move on.

Although ill be honest, I looked that sucker up online but before I found out about the request.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Ralizah

Finally got past the Inaba Pride Exhibit and the lengthy series of cutscenes that followed it. The story is finally introducing some level of weightiness to the proceedings in the eleventh hour. I do kind of wish that the Rei and Zen backstory had been given a bit more room to breathe, though. I'm not sure I really buy Zen becoming fixated on Rei (or Niko, whatever) to the point that he'd throw off the burden of his duties to try and make her feel better. Also, being a glutton means you have a strong will to live? Someone didn't think that explanation through enough. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed finally get some explanations about what the heck is going on.

Best Friend was a cool boss design, but I'm not sure he had much going for him other than that surprise encore once you think you've killed him.
I missed listening to Laser Beam, though. Too bad they changed the music for this boss.

Edited on by Ralizah

Pho

I still need to finish this. One day....
I've somehow managed to not have it all spoiled for me, unlike everything else.

Edited on by Pho

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Ralizah

The clock tower is a decent dungeon. I started on it this morning, and I'm now on the fifth floor. I like how it eschews giant maps in favor of making a longer dungeon that operates essentially as one giant, interconnected puzzle. Good stuff. The music is also pretty good in this dungeon.

Ralizah

Oh wow, having one guy with impure reach + panic circle and another guy with debilitate + stagnant air + myriad arrows makes even the harder FOEs in this game a joke.

Spoony_Tech

And because of that you will finish the game in no time. Definitely broken to the point it made the game easy but after the first dungeon I thought combat was far easier then EO. I'm ok with that though. It was still a great experience!

MERG said:

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

And because of that you will finish the game in no time. Definitely broken to the point it made the game easy but after the first dungeon I thought combat was far easier then EO. I'm ok with that though. It was still a great experience!

Yeah, this is Etrian Odyssey 1 levels of brokenness. Doesn't bother me much, though: the characters, music, and dungeon puzzles are the highlights of this game, and the lack of challenge isn't really unusual for a Persona game anyway.

Ralizah

Geez, the last two floors of this Clock Tower are pretty much a dungeon unto themselves. Those spiders that spam instakill spells are really obnoxious, too. I haven't really found a way to lure the spiders away from where I want to go without getting attacked by them, so I've pretty much ambushed every spider in the place at this point.

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: That's what I did. Get the jump on them.

MERG said:

Ralizah

Finally finished the game. The final boss is a bit of a pushover when he's panicked the whole fight and you're having two characters spam myriad arrows on him every turn. I really enjoyed it, though, and ended up spending 90+ hours on it, so I definitely got my money's worth out of it. Atlus is getting better at the story-driven EO games. I do have to say, though, that I'm really glad EO V will have random character creation like the other main series games have.

Edited on by Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: but do we know for sure there won't be a story mode?

MERG said:

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech: No, but I find it hard to believe they'd go into detail about the classes, character customization, setting, etc. and leave out the big reveal that they were only talking about a classic mode.

I'm hoping that, like EO IV, they manage to incorporate more strong narrative elements without allowing them to intrude on player freedom.

LinkSword

Ralizah wrote:

I'm hoping that, like EO IV, they manage to incorporate more strong narrative elements without allowing them to intrude on player freedom.

Hoping for this as well. Experimentation such as in the Untold titles is alright, but I'd like the main line games to stay more loyal to the roots of the franchise while strengthening the narrative in unobtrusive ways.

LinkSword

MERG

Persona Q for $20? Can't say no to that!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Spoony_Tech

@MERG: You had better not say no to that!

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.