Forums

Topic: Australia gets 3DS on March 31st for $349 AUD

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

RedYoshi999

Sorta. $100 more than US is rubbish but its cheaper than some UK prices. Guess I'll have to get an Aussie one now. With some luck $50 might be knocked off the price by some retailers or it will be bundled with a good game. But I'm waiting for red so by then I hope it goes down in price.

RedYoshi999

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

Sylverstone

Mario Party Fan 999 wrote:

Sorta. $100 more than US is rubbish but its cheaper than some UK prices. Guess I'll have to get an Aussie one now. With some luck $50 might be knocked off the price by some retailers or it will be bundled with a good game. But I'm waiting for red so by then I hope it goes down in price.

Well, you're right on it being $100 higher.
349.95 AUD = 356.194 USD

I really can't hold out for red anymore, so I'm jumping ship to blue.

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

y2josh

@MarioPartyFan999: Wouldn't it be cheaper to import from North America then? I wouldn't ever by a region locked console in Australia. They get shafted too much.

y2josh

RedYoshi999

I know but I just don't want to import everything I buy for the system. I get games as presents but nobody would buy them from America. Even eShop cards have to be imported.

RedYoshi999

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

y2josh

That sucks dude.

y2josh

Bankai

Guys, $350 is a good deal. Hardware is insanely expensive to ship and sell around Australia, to the point where expecting it to be the same price as in the US would sent companies bankrupt.

Personsally I think $350 is quite reasonable for what's being offered. Nintendo's PR girl also told me that the games themselves should retail for around $70... which is, again, at the lower end of what could be reasonably expected.

It's clear this time around that Nintendo is trying to be as reasonable on price as possible.

Fuzzy

Pretty much what I expected. Hopefully I can find it in a store with a game bundled with it at around that price. If I can Ill be happy. I usually buy most of my DS games from Play-Asia (they have US versions), but I also like buying from a store, so Ill just stick to an Australian 3DS, and find a good UK store to import from.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

noblo601

I have to say that I am impressed with the price. Everyone expected it to be $400 given that is the price the wii was. I was hoping for $350, and now that they have done that I need to rethink whether I want one at launch.

I had planned on just playing my ds lite and gba for the next 2 years before they released an inevitable redesign...

Game price is still a bit of an issue. I already find that $60aud is pushing the envelope a little. I don't usually buy games over $40 ($50 max) so that could prove to be a slight problem...

www.gamerswithgfs.com - Find us on facebook too!

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.