Forums

Topic: New Atelier Rorona: The Origin Story of the Alchemist of Arland - Dated for March 2015

Posts 1 to 15 of 15

Punished_Boss_84

"Atelier Rorona is coming to 3DS in chibi form in 2015, Gust announced during today’s Japanese Nintendo Direct broadcast."

Trailer Incoming.
http://gematsu.com/2014/11/atelier-rorona-announced-3ds

So that happened... Thoughts?

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Magikarp3

I... did not see this coming. Never tried an Atelier game before, but the premise sounds alright I guess

If only it wasn't the chibi form ==

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Zanark

There was a japanese nintendo direct? What kind of game is this anyway?

Friend code: 1934-1399-5355

Punished_Boss_84

ShanaUnite wrote:

Of course there was, wouldn't be fair would it?

"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA

Punished_Boss_84

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

CaviarMeths

ShanaUnite wrote:

It's an RPG that revolves around making items. There's also a rudimentary combat system, something that vaguely resembles a story, and a boatload of moe.

Yeah, it's a moe alchemy game.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Magikarp3

SpookyMeths wrote:

ShanaUnite wrote:

It's an RPG that revolves around making items. There's also a rudimentary combat system, something that vaguely resembles a story, and a boatload of moe.

am i right or wrong in saying "kinda like Recettear?"

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

CanisWolfred

SpookyMeths wrote:

ShanaUnite wrote:

I'm still a little ticked about the handful of reviews I read that branded the PS3 Atelier games as "Must-plays for any fan of RPGs", as if they're RPGs in their purest form or something...instead of some of the most niche games to come overseas that don't suck...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CaviarMeths

Magikarp3 wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

ShanaUnite wrote:

am i right or wrong in saying "kinda like Recettear?"

Never played Recettear, but I've heard good things about it, so no, probably not.

CanisWolfred wrote:

Yay, another release devaluing my PS3 copy of a game I can't stand. I'm gonna be stuck with this game forever, aren't I?

Untitled

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CanisWolfred

SpookyMeths wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Yay, another release devaluing my PS3 copy of a game I can't stand. I'm gonna be stuck with this game forever, aren't I?

Untitled

I just checked Amazon's Trade-in quote, I could probably get more money if I sold a coaster...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Magikarp3

yeah I've heard things like what @CanisWolfred as said, although they're not RPG's in the "go have adventures and experience an awesome story" sense, but rather "be a citizen in an RPG world and work hard" sense. I guess you would need to be a fan of RPG's to enjoy what Atelier has to offer, but the more I read the more it seems like a work simulator...

Punished_Boss_84

The game has been named, dated and detailed.
http://gematsu.com/2014/12/atelier-rorona-3ds-dated-japan

crazycrazydave

I enjoy the Atelier games, currently playing through Totori at the moment. However, not really interested in this version since I already own the Vita version.

Plus, the screenshots look really low resolution but I guess it's because it's on the 3DS. It's not a game for everyone, but it can be good fun. As long as it gets localised, I don't mind it being on 3DS.

We're going on a bear hunt! We're going to catch a big one!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4881-6959
Super Mario Maker levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/crazycrazydave?type=posted

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.