3DS Forum

Topic: Anyone beat Luigi's Mansion 2? Ur Awesome!

Showing 1 to 20 of 66

AuthorMessage
Avatar

XFsWorld

1. Posted:

I really wanna know because it's very hard. I've gotten it first day of release and still stuck on it. I'm in the Treacherous Mansion-Paranormal Chaos! >:( What's even worst is later in the level it gives you a time limit. In my book, this is one of hardest games on 3DS! I give you props if you've beaten this game!

3DS FC: 5413-0049-5973
3DS/WiiU ID: XFsWorld
PSN: XFsWorld

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

2. Posted:

X-Factor wrote:

I really wanna know because it's very hard. I've gotten it first day of release and still stuck on it. I'm in the Treacherous Mansion-Paranormal Chaos! >:( What's even worst is later in the level it gives you a time limit. In my book, this is one of hardest games on 3DS! I give you props if you've beaten this game!

I beat it without getting a Game Over. 0<img class=" /> But you need to really go by how much the bar is filled, and you'll be fine.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

3. Posted:

that's the hardest part of the game. actually, pretty much the only one I found hard. but if you have all the poltergust upgrades it will be easier. just remember to plan the path you'll take to save time before rushing like mad I lost once or twice by randomly rushing everywhere trying to get the ghosts.

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

XFsWorld

4. Posted:

@Wonder_Mask Wait a minute, bar?

3DS FC: 5413-0049-5973
3DS/WiiU ID: XFsWorld
PSN: XFsWorld

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

5. Posted:

X-Factor wrote:

@Wonder_Mask Wait a minute, bar?

yep that bar on the map screen that shows you the time left for each room you must clear

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

XFsWorld

6. Posted:

@GuSilverFlame Oh ok, thx :D
Im kinda dumb lol

3DS FC: 5413-0049-5973
3DS/WiiU ID: XFsWorld
PSN: XFsWorld

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

7. Posted:

X-Factor wrote:

@GuSilverFlame Oh ok, thx :D
Im kinda dumb lol

not really it took me a few YEARS to discover in Kirby 64 that the Rock-Cutter copy ability allowed the player to do a wall jump, so I guess I'm even worse. :D

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

8. Posted:

I beat the game, got three stars on all missions and beat most ScareScraper modes on Expert solo. It was a fantastic game, although I will admit some parts were a bit difficult (especially compared to other Nintendo franchises in recent years).

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

9. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

I beat the game, got three stars on all missions and beat most ScareScraper modes on Expert solo. It was a fantastic game, although I will admit some parts were a bit difficult (especially compared to other Nintendo franchises in recent years).

yeah doing a PERFECT complete is sure hard in LM:DM(couldn't do it yet) there are just too many missions to redo hidden things to find not to tell the ScareScraper has some traps that you simply can't escape if playing solo...

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

10. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

CM30 wrote:

I beat the game, got three stars on all missions and beat most ScareScraper modes on Expert solo. It was a fantastic game, although I will admit some parts were a bit difficult (especially compared to other Nintendo franchises in recent years).

yeah doing a PERFECT complete is sure hard in LM:DM(couldn't do it yet) there are just too many missions to redo hidden things to find not to tell the ScareScraper has some traps that you simply can't escape if playing solo...

Funny enough, the hardest missions to perfect are those which don't require you to find hidde things.

Like Ambush Manoeuvre, since you get no money and hence have to win without getting hit once in record time.

As for traps... well thankfully, they don't mostly spawn when playing solo. So no rug or vase traps there, because otherwise they'd be impossible to escape.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

11. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

CM30 wrote:

I beat the game, got three stars on all missions and beat most ScareScraper modes on Expert solo. It was a fantastic game, although I will admit some parts were a bit difficult (especially compared to other Nintendo franchises in recent years).

yeah doing a PERFECT complete is sure hard in LM:DM(couldn't do it yet) there are just too many missions to redo hidden things to find not to tell the ScareScraper has some traps that you simply can't escape if playing solo...

Funny enough, the hardest missions to perfect are those which don't require you to find hidde things.

Like Ambush Manoeuvre, since you get no money and hence have to win without getting hit once in record time.

As for traps... well thankfully, they don't mostly spawn when playing solo. So no rug or vase traps there, because otherwise they'd be impossible to escape.

I only wish I could turn off the power ups on early stages so they don't get boring fast when I'm looking for the gems.

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Goginho

12. Posted:

I just recently went back to the game to try and get all gold medals. The hardest ones were the final battle, and the boss battle with the Boos and the train. I think I did those a couple dozen times until I finally got gold.

Goginho

3DS Friend Code: 3952-8257-7348 | Nintendo Network ID: Goginho

AuthorMessage
Avatar

XFsWorld

13. Posted:

@CM30 whoa, seems like your good. I only made it to the 14th floor in the Scarescraper mode. :P

3DS FC: 5413-0049-5973
3DS/WiiU ID: XFsWorld
PSN: XFsWorld

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

14. Posted:

@X-Factor

Here's a trick to catch the ghosts in scarescraper mode.

Do a 15 floor. For every fifth floor, there will always be a unique ghost. Keep doing this and it'll be easy.

Yeah I've beaten the game 100%. My only few issues is that I got tired at the final part of the game having to search everywhere to get to the boos. Its still a good game but in some ways it doesn't do well.

@Goginho I've beaten the boo boss after five tries. Its not that hard to me atleast.

Edited on by Artwark

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jazzer94

15. Posted:

Beat the game without a single death (Still have a few missions to 3 star if I ever get to it) and have beaten 25 floor Scarescraper on normal, I want to do it on expert but it takes so long that teams normally aren't committed enough. :(

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

16. Posted:

I got killed a few times, but I luckily always had a golden dog bone, so no game overs. :P
Beat the game in about 5 days, could've beaten it faster except for I was trying to drag it out a bit so it would last my entire Spring Break! :D
Amazing game, btw. ;)

Edited on by Gioku

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

17. Posted:

X-Factor wrote:

@CM30 whoa, seems like your good. I only made it to the 14th floor in the Scarescraper mode. :P

There are better. I recall reading someone saying they got to floor 99 on Endless mode. Yeah, surprised me as well.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632930-luigis-mansion-dark-moo...

Then again, someone apparently reached floor 166. God knows how.

Jazzer94 wrote:

Beat the game without a single death (Still have a few missions to 3 star if I ever get to it) and have beaten 25 floor Scarescraper on normal, I want to do it on expert but it takes so long that teams normally aren't committed enough. :(

That's why I ended up beating the different difficulty modes on Expert myself, because no one can either keep their connection going long enough to play co-op or have the necessary level of committment.

Edited on by CM30

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

18. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

X-Factor wrote:

@CM30 whoa, seems like your good. I only made it to the 14th floor in the Scarescraper mode. :P

There are better. I recall reading someone saying they got to floor 99 on Endless mode. Yeah, surprised me as well.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632930-luigis-mansion-dark-moo...

Then again, someone apparently reached floor 166. God knows how.

Jazzer94 wrote:

Beat the game without a single death (Still have a few missions to 3 star if I ever get to it) and have beaten 25 floor Scarescraper on normal, I want to do it on expert but it takes so long that teams normally aren't committed enough. :(

That's why I ended up beating the different difficulty modes on Expert myself, because no one can either keep their connection going long enough to play co-op or have the necessary level of committment.

166!?!?!?!?! guess I should start playing with people other than my cousin, alone I got to floor 10 or 15, don't remember well. with him I'm lucky to pass the 5th floor(4/5 of the time we lose in the 4th or even before, I get trapped he tries to get more ghosts than me instead of saving me so we can move forward and then time runs out)

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

19. Posted:

Not even close!, i actually just started Dark Moon last night after a cheesy Goosebumps 'Netflix' marathon haha. So far? Well I'm feeling a little mixed on the experience having come from the GCN original which imo had better controls due to the versatility and intuitiveness of the C-Stick which i remember felt like a joy to control. The first Luigi's Mansion also ran in 60 frames per second Vs the 30fps in Dark Moon and i prefer the idea of exploring one large mansion rather than exploring smaller multiple ones, but it does makes things more fresh instead of retreading back to the same formula. Also, i remember the ghosts in LM having a lot more character & looking a LOT less generic than Dark Moon's....

Visuals btw look absolutely SPOOKtacular and the 3D effect makes this game come alive, a giant difference rather than being limmited to 2D. I've put maybe 3 hours into it, still playing through the first mansion and it's easily one of my favorite 3DS games, but the lack of 2nd stick really hurts the experience. If this title supports it, the CC Pro would be far more ideal to use than what's given. :P

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

20. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Well I'm feeling a little mixed on the experience having come from the GCN original which imo had better controls due to the versatility and intuitiveness of the C-Stick which i remember felt like a joy to control. The first Luigi's Mansion also ran in 60 frames per second Vs the 30fps in Dark Moon and i prefer the idea of exploring one large mansion rather than exploring smaller multiple ones, but it does makes things more fresh instead of retreading back to the same formula. Also, i remember the ghosts in LM having a lot more character & looking a LOT less generic than Dark Moon's....

That pretty much sums up my feels. Though, we both may be a bit blinded by nostalgia. :O

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u