3DS Forum

Topic: Any JRPG's for the 3DS?

Showing 1 to 20 of 29

AuthorMessage
Avatar

distantwolfx44

1. Posted:

As the title says, can anyone list me or tell me all the JRPG's out for the 3DS right now? Virtual Console games will be excluded. I'm planning on buying a good jrpg for the 3DS as I just recently got my 3DS XL, and I don't know what to choose from. I alreayd know about Tales of The Abyss and Monster Hunter.
(Pokemon and Mario games can be excluded also). Please.

3DS FC: 2938-6842-2680
PSN: distantwolfx44
~HARD CORE OTAKU~
The Coldfire's Backlog
Raptr Profile/Game collection
Pokemon GL Profile

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6842-2680 | Twitter: coldfirex44

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

2. Posted:

though I'm not sure if it is a JRPG there is Crimson Shroud on the Eshop, it's japanese and it's very far from the usual RPG with the Dice RPG elements mixed in. I really like it...
Edit:you can also go for any atlus RPG like the shin megami tensei series they are amazing! etrian odyssey looks cool too but I never played any game on the series.
EDIT2: this thread might be locked soon(because there is the 3DS recommendation thread for momments like this) but before it someone will tell you to go to there. just saying because it's always bad when your thread gets locked without previous warning(but it makes the forums neat without too many repeated/"same purpose" threads)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

3. Posted:

Since a picture says a thousand words.....

Untitled

Atlus rocks and IS your fix for JRPGs on the 3DS.

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

distantwolfx44

4. Posted:

GustavoSF wrote:

though I'm not sure if it is a JRPG there is Crimson Shroud on the Eshop, it's japanese and it's very far from the usual RPG with the Dice RPG elements mixed in. I really like it...
Edit:you can also go for any atlus RPG like the shin megami tensei series they are amazing! etrian odyssey looks cool too but I never played any game on the series.
EDIT2: this thread might be locked soon(because there is the 3DS recommendation thread for momments like this) but before it someone will tell you to go to there. just saying because it's always bad when your thread gets locked without previous warning(but it makes the forums neat without too many repeated/"same purpose" threads)

@GustavoSF I had a thread locked once I think, I didn't know there was a thread already for it, lol the other thread was hidden deep beneath the piles of old threads it would take too much time to dig up those.. and I wish this thread doesn't get locked, if it does.. I guess I'll have to go to the recommendation thread then.

Edit: until then I'll keep this thread, but if it gets locked up then I'll just quietly cry on the corner (/-)/

Edited on by distantwolfx44

3DS FC: 2938-6842-2680
PSN: distantwolfx44
~HARD CORE OTAKU~
The Coldfire's Backlog
Raptr Profile/Game collection
Pokemon GL Profile

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6842-2680 | Twitter: coldfirex44

AuthorMessage
Avatar

distantwolfx44

5. Posted:

@berzerker99 thank you :) Etrian Odyssey IV is already on my wishlist :D I tried the demo and it was amazing.

3DS FC: 2938-6842-2680
PSN: distantwolfx44
~HARD CORE OTAKU~
The Coldfire's Backlog
Raptr Profile/Game collection
Pokemon GL Profile

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6842-2680 | Twitter: coldfirex44

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

6. Posted:

Coldfirex44 wrote:

@berzerker99 thank you :) Etrian Odyssey IV is already on my wishlist :D I tried the demo and it was amazing.

That demo was the best! You can transfer your data from that to the actual game whenever u decide to purchase it.

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

distantwolfx44

7. Posted:

@berzerker99 really?:D thank you for the tip XD I didn't know that.. I was planning on deleting the demo too, lol I guess I'll keep the demo for now.

3DS FC: 2938-6842-2680
PSN: distantwolfx44
~HARD CORE OTAKU~
The Coldfire's Backlog
Raptr Profile/Game collection
Pokemon GL Profile

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6842-2680 | Twitter: coldfirex44

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

8. Posted:

I've just said it because I had a thread locked not long ago!
oh, and I hope to have helped! though these are the only JRPGs that I remember at the moment!

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

9. Posted:

There's also Fire Emblem Awakening... however it does feel more Western rather than Japanese.

But as others have mentioned, you can't really go wrong with Atlus, they are the king of JRPGs.

Edited on by Chris720

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage
Avatar

distantwolfx44

10. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

Coldfirex44 wrote:

@berzerker99 thank you :) Etrian Odyssey IV is already on my wishlist :D I tried the demo and it was amazing.

That demo was the best! You can transfer your data from that to the actual game whenever u decide to purchase it.

btw what if I end up buying the retail version? will I still be able to transfer data?

3DS FC: 2938-6842-2680
PSN: distantwolfx44
~HARD CORE OTAKU~
The Coldfire's Backlog
Raptr Profile/Game collection
Pokemon GL Profile

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6842-2680 | Twitter: coldfirex44

AuthorMessage
Avatar

distantwolfx44

11. Posted:

Chris720 wrote:

There's also Fire Emblem Awakening, but as others have mentioned, you can't really go wrong with Atlus, they are the king of JRPGs.

tried out the demo of FE: A. It seemed pretty awesome XD and I'll be sure to add Atlus to my fav developers.

3DS FC: 2938-6842-2680
PSN: distantwolfx44
~HARD CORE OTAKU~
The Coldfire's Backlog
Raptr Profile/Game collection
Pokemon GL Profile

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6842-2680 | Twitter: coldfirex44

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

12. Posted:

Chris720 wrote:

There's also Fire Emblem Awakening, but as others have mentioned, you can't really go wrong with Atlus, they are the king of JRPGs.

man! how could I forget Fire Emblem!?!?! it could easily be the game of the year if this year wasn't so full of awesome games of the same "level"!

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

distantwolfx44

13. Posted:

GustavoSF wrote:

I've just said it because I had a thread locked not long ago!
oh, and I hope to have helped! though these are the only JRPGs that I remember at the moment!

lol, thank you and I'm sorry for the thread XD may the thread that was locked up rest in peace.

3DS FC: 2938-6842-2680
PSN: distantwolfx44
~HARD CORE OTAKU~
The Coldfire's Backlog
Raptr Profile/Game collection
Pokemon GL Profile

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6842-2680 | Twitter: coldfirex44

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

14. Posted:

I would suggest maybe asking in this thread thats stickied if you need suggestions on what game to get.

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/3ds_recommendations_th...

After all thats why that thread is there.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

15. Posted:

Might have forgotten FE because it does feel more on the western side, rather than a typical JRPG.

I wouldn't recommend Tales of the Abyss, it feels more like a mediocre RPG - I just didn't find that enjoyable.

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sleepingmudkip

16. Posted:

is there a jrpg/rpg that beginners because my brother wants to start one and he tried(pokemon he said to much work,FE to hard, zelda to boring) any advise he is 13

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

I Love Fire Emblem & Kid Icarus

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage
Avatar

distantwolfx44

17. Posted:

feline2 wrote:

is there a jrpg/rpg that beginners because my brother wants to start one and he tried(pokemon he said to much work,FE to hard, zelda to boring) any advise he is 13

Pokemon? too hard? wuuuuttt I completed Pokemon Emerald and Sapphire and Ruby when I was ten.. I completed it in 2 days. How is that hard? O_O and he's also 13? weird.. very weird.

Edit: The easiest rpg your brother can probably get is Pokemon... tell him to get the very first Pokemon game for the DS to start from the very basic of Pokemon knowledge.

Edited on by distantwolfx44

3DS FC: 2938-6842-2680
PSN: distantwolfx44
~HARD CORE OTAKU~
The Coldfire's Backlog
Raptr Profile/Game collection
Pokemon GL Profile

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6842-2680 | Twitter: coldfirex44

AuthorMessage
Avatar

distantwolfx44

18. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

I would suggest maybe asking in this thread thats stickied if you need suggestions on what game to get.

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/3ds_recommendations_th...

After all thats why that thread is there.

I know and thank you.

3DS FC: 2938-6842-2680
PSN: distantwolfx44
~HARD CORE OTAKU~
The Coldfire's Backlog
Raptr Profile/Game collection
Pokemon GL Profile

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6842-2680 | Twitter: coldfirex44

AuthorMessage
Avatar

distantwolfx44

19. Posted:

Chris720 wrote:

Might have forgotten FE because it does feel more on the western side, rather than a typical JRPG.

I wouldn't recommend Tales of the Abyss, it feels more like a mediocre RPG - I just didn't find that enjoyable.

I'll be looking at some gameplay footage for that game later or sometime, thanks for the heads up

3DS FC: 2938-6842-2680
PSN: distantwolfx44
~HARD CORE OTAKU~
The Coldfire's Backlog
Raptr Profile/Game collection
Pokemon GL Profile

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6842-2680 | Twitter: coldfirex44

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sleepingmudkip

20. Posted:

@Coldfirex44 he said to much work memorizing things and he more of a smash bros and street fighter guy

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

I Love Fire Emblem & Kid Icarus

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod