Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing New Leaf: Retail or eShop Download?

Posts 61 to 80 of 81

6ch6ris6

buy it retail if you dont mind swapping the cartridges when you want to play something else.
you will get at least 10-20$ if you sell animal crossing some day.

Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
waiting for Nintendo to release a new handheld

bezerker99

SCAR392 wrote:

My brother has dropped my 3DS XL on concrete above 3.5 feet 2 times, and once above 3.5 feet on hardwood floor. They don't break easy.

The 3DS is definitely a bit stronger and sturdier than the DS Lite. I accidentally pulled my DS Lite off my dining room table about 3 years ago (it's a looooong story as to how that happened). This is what happened once it hit my hard wood floor from just falling 3 and a half feet (the handheld on the left).

Edited on by bezerker99

"Everyone gets old but not everyone gets great!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
Kapp'n doesn't give a squid
My name in a video game
My name in a video game thread

Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

SCAR

bezerker99 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

My brother has dropped my 3DS XL on concrete above 3.5 feet 2 times, and once above 3.5 feet on hardwood floor. They don't break easy.

The 3DS is definitely a bit stronger and sturdier than the DS Lite. I accidentally pulled my DS Lite off my dining room table about 3 years ago (it's a looooong story as to how that happened). This is what happened once it hit my hard wood floor from just falling 3 and a half feet (the handheld on the left).

Geez. Ya, I've never had a broken console because of me. Even the original DS was more durable than the Lite, but they have definitely improved DS over the years. I threw my DS down the stairs for fun once.
I had the original one the first month it came out, 3 DS lites(kept using Best Buy warranty to get a new one, with one actually having a faulty R button), DSi, 3DS, and lastly the XL.
I would say 3DS XL has a likeness to the original DS in terms of color layout and size, but it adds so much more.

$¢@®

oninowon

Ralizah wrote:

The one game I've never even been tempted to buy a physical copy of is Brain Age: Concentration Training. I would be using that every day, and it isn't really the sort of game I'd loan out to people.

Well there you go! Animal Crossing will probably a game you do something even for a couple of minutes everyday. That is the reason why I'm getting the digital version when this game comes out. I know I will be checking on my character frequently throughout the day.

oninowon

ChrisT99

This game comes out just two days before E3 starts. How awesome is that?

Back on topic...

Based on the fact that my dad has a GameStop PURPro card, I'm probably gonna go retail. Even if I do lose some convenience to just downloading it, I figure it's worth it to be able to resell it in the future (like I did with Wild World to get my Wii U). Do you all think this is a wise choice?

My YouTube Channel

Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

ChrisT99

On another note, has anyone actually played this game yet? If so, could you please tell me if it's more similar to the original or City Folk/Wild World?
I would prefer if it was more similar to the original one, as I got bored wayyy too quick with City Folk, and played the original for more time than any other game in my whole life!

My YouTube Channel

Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

Barbiegurl777

ChrisT99 wrote:

On another note, has anyone actually played this game yet? If so, could you please tell me if it's more similar to the original or City Folk/Wild World?
I would prefer if it was more similar to the original one, as I got bored wayyy too quick with City Folk, and played the original for more time than any other game in my whole life!

@ChrisT99

If you played the original on gamecube. I haven't played animal crossing - 3ds myself because it's not out in america yet but check out LinandKo youtube channel They have 50 youtube video's uploaded giving alot of details of & about the game with video gameplay showing ALOT from what they posted on there youtube channel it look's alot like the original gamecube game but with a ton of extra stuff in the 3ds version.

Also check out:

www.sosostris.com

It's a blog about Animal crossing:new leaf - 3ds also very detailed.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12
3DS FC: 3480-2549-1588
Rugrats777 Blog
Miiverse: Barbiegurl777/Rugrats777
Colors 3D! My Gallery
Bandai Namco - Ymmas626
Lalaloopsy - Rugrats777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777

ChrisT99

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

ChrisT99 wrote:

On another note, has anyone actually played this game yet? If so, could you please tell me if it's more similar to the original or City Folk/Wild World?
I would prefer if it was more similar to the original one, as I got bored wayyy too quick with City Folk, and played the original for more time than any other game in my whole life!

@ChrisT99

If you played the original on gamecube. I haven't played animal crossing - 3ds myself because it's not out in america yet but check out LinandKo youtube channel They have 50 youtube video's uploaded giving alot of details of & about the game with video gameplay showing ALOT from what they posted on there youtube channel it look's alot like the original gamecube game but with a ton of extra stuff in the 3ds version.

Also check out:

www.sosostris.com

It's a blog about Animal crossing:new leaf - 3ds also very detailed.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Thanks, man. I'll check 'em all out later.

My YouTube Channel

Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

Ralizah

SCAR392 wrote:

I threw my DS down the stairs for fun once.

SCAR392 wrote:

I take care of my things.

I'd hate to see what you being careless with your things looks like...

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
PSN: Ralizah

Nintendo Network ID: Michael418

willobee

Well it was only one set of stairs, in his defence.

NNID: willobee

DefHalan

I will be downloading it because I know I don't want to be limited with what card I have in my 3DS. I also bought a 32 gig SD card just for this

http://www.twitch.tv/defhalan

Krystal for SMASH!!!!
Shantae for SMASH!!!
Nintendo will release a Micro-Console as a companion device to the NX and next Handheld Console.

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCAR

Ralizah wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I threw my DS down the stairs for fun once.

SCAR392 wrote:

I take care of my things.

I'd hate to see what you being careless with your things looks like...

Well, it was the day before I got a Lite, which I got day 1. I'm not really clumsy or get mad, so I do these things on purpose. I take care of my things if I care in otherwords.

$¢@®

ChrisT99

Earlier today, I went to GameStop and put in a pre-order for this one. Sorry to betray you all on this one, but I'm kind of impulsive...

My YouTube Channel

Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

SCAR

ChrisT99 wrote:

Earlier today, I went to GameStop and put in a pre-order for this one. Sorry to betray you all on this one, but I'm kind of impulsive...

Well, it's gonna come out the same day. Unless Animal Crossing New Leaf has a midnight launch at GameStop(which I doubt it will), you're gonna have to actually wait longer for the game. The eShop version goes on sale @ 12 o' clock a.m. eastern time on the 9th of June. Mountain time will be around 10:30 p.m., and Pacific time will be 9:30 p.m. of June 8th.
You could be playing the game for upwards of 8 hours before GameStop or any store has the game.
No one feels betrayed.

Edited on by SCAR

$¢@®

ChrisT99

SCAR392 wrote:

ChrisT99 wrote:

Earlier today, I went to GameStop and put in a pre-order for this one. Sorry to betray you all on this one, but I'm kind of impulsive...

Well, it's gonna come out the same day. Unless Animal Crossing New Leaf has a midnight launch at GameStop(which I doubt it will), you're gonna have to actually wait longer for the game. The eShop version goes on sale @ 12 o' clock a.m. eastern time on the 9th of June. Mountain time will be around 10:30 p.m., and Pacific time will be 9:30 p.m. of June 8th.
You could be playing the game for upwards of 8 hours before GameStop or any store has the game.
No one feels betrayed.

I wouldn't be able to play it till after church anyway, so no difference for me there. The nice thing is that if GS is low on stock, I can just buy an eShop Prepaid Card while I'm there and download it when I get home. That is a plus, isn't it?

My YouTube Channel

Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

SCAR

ChrisT99 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

ChrisT99 wrote:

Earlier today, I went to GameStop and put in a pre-order for this one. Sorry to betray you all on this one, but I'm kind of impulsive...

Well, it's gonna come out the same day. Unless Animal Crossing New Leaf has a midnight launch at GameStop(which I doubt it will), you're gonna have to actually wait longer for the game. The eShop version goes on sale @ 12 o' clock a.m. eastern time on the 9th of June. Mountain time will be around 10:30 p.m., and Pacific time will be 9:30 p.m. of June 8th.
You could be playing the game for upwards of 8 hours before GameStop or any store has the game.
No one feels betrayed.

I wouldn't be able to play it till after church anyway, so no difference for me there. The nice thing is that if GS is low on stock, I can just buy an eShop Prepaid Card while I'm there and download it when I get home. That is a plus, isn't it?

I guess it just depends on when you go to sleep. I'll be playing it 8 hours before GameStop starts selling it, unless they have a midnight thing.
If you pre-ordered it, that means they will for sure give you a copy, so they won't run out of stock before giving you your copy unless you don't pick it up.
It's really your choice, but I'd rather have like 10 game cards on the SD card so I'm not carrying as much around with me. I don't care for the case at all, and the manual is on the 3DS if you download it.

$¢@®

ChrisT99

I'm probably gonna have a late night Animal Crossing thing (cause who doesn't wanna get pumped), but even then I'll still have to go to bed around 10.

My YouTube Channel

Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

SCAR

ChrisT99 wrote:

I'm probably gonna have a late night Animal Crossing thing (cause who doesn't wanna get pumped), but even then I'll still have to go to bed around 10.

Oh ok. Well I hope you enjoy the game.

$¢@®

ChrisT99

Now that talk about the topic is done, can we talk about this game in general (e.g. how awesome Animal Crossing is, facts and trivia about Animal Crossing, how excited we all are for this game, etc.)??

Cue the off-topic talk about the above in 3... 2...1...

My YouTube Channel

Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

ATLUSgamer

I would prefer eShop download,So I can have it with me all the time(I lose the game cards sometimes).Also getting it in 2 weeks so visit my town plz.
Happy Gaming!!!
^~^

ATLUSgamer

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic