Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Leaf Thread

Posts 741 to 760 of 5,921

k8sMum

@skywardlink98

that is the lovely thing about AC games: as @emaan said, you can play it however you decide you want to. it becomes addictive, trying to get just the right item, fish, bug, whatever.

i tend to the manic side and try to focus on everything. but you can also take days where you just chill and do anything you want. the characters all have very definite personalities which makes it interesting. there are some you won't care for, some you will love.

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

Gregor

Globe name: Tallon V

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

k8sMum

@barbiegurl777

i addressed that in my response to you. signatures are, by nature, a personal thing. offense is in the eye of the beholder, due to the reader's experiences.

if you have problems with someone's, please contact staff so they may evaluate the situation.

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

Chrono_Cross

All of this discussion. I refuse to read it since there might be spoilers, lol.

Twelve more days!

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Romeo

im not sure what to do...

i've bought fire emblem, luigi's mansion 2 and donkey kong country returns 3d - so i get to download another game for free.. cool!

problem:
1) tried the monster hunter demo (never played MH before), was disappointed - not for me
2) tried castlevania demo, was disappointed - not a good game imo
3) pokemon mystery dungeon... NOPE! only interested in the real games (so excited for x/y) or spin-offs like pokemon conquest

• the demo was disappointing as well

4) lego city, not for me...

so whats left? Animal Crossing 3DS, hmn..
i know im totally wrong, but to me it looks like a game for 12 year old girls... kind of reminds me of harvest moon in some ways (if i remember correctly... harvest moon was actually quite fun back then) - but still..i really don't get all the hype
but at the same time.. i feel like im judging a book by it's cover. for some weird reason i keep thinking that this game could be quite fun/"complex" and in-depth

what's the point of this game? what are some amazing things you can do?
(btw.. the characters in animal crossing look stupid!)

ahh.. i don't know what to download : /

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

SkywardLink98

I heard there are "events" in AC, is that a limited time thing, or a thing that occurs when you hit a certain play time?

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Epicnessofme99

@SkywardLink98 It's a limited time thing. There is a calendar in-game and also on the Animal Crossing website so you can check the dates, and normally the events can give items or just are cool to visit. If you haven't already check out the Inside the Treehouse discussions on Nintendo's channel, they talk about some of the features in the game on an almost daily basis.

Nintendo Network ID: Epicnessofme Feel free to add me :D
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9343-5065

Nintendo Network ID: Epicnessofme

Epicnessofme99

It's going to take a while before I can come up with a name for my Town.

Nintendo Network ID: Epicnessofme Feel free to add me :D
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9343-5065

Nintendo Network ID: Epicnessofme

SkywardLink98

@Epicnessofme99 I think I'll either name it after myself, or have it share the name of my town.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.

emaan

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Twelve more days!

:shakes with excitement:

Can't.Wait.Any.Longer.

ديسكو الحب
✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

Arianabtd

I'm sooooo excited
I have already decided I want Minhotopia to be filled with K-pop logos EVERYWHERE.
Like I'm going to spam the ground with logos~
It's going to be glorious.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Magikarp3

Oh wait, this game comes out a week before my exams... That's lame.

I'll probably name my city Galliano or Bijou. Things are going to get seriously classy

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Cryptonic

But.... Shouldn't this be called the Animal Crossing: New Leaf Thread?

Wii :6638 - 2205 - 3294 - 3850
SSBB: 4812 - 5583 - 8961
3DS: 4038 - 6000 - 1698
"Tiger Man was wise"

SkywardLink98

According to the IGN preview of this game, you can run out of things to do in one day due to the real time clock. Is this a normal feature, because it sounds like something you'd see in a Facebook game.

Arianabtd

SkywardLink98 wrote:

According to the IGN preview of this game, you can run out of things to do in one day due to the real time clock. Is this a normal feature, because it sounds like something you'd see in a Facebook game.

Well it depends on what exactly you're trying to do.
Like the shop hours are one thing that's normal. And different fish and bugs come out at different times.
I'm not sure what things you'd run out of time to do. I usually just check back in at different times during the day in City Folk so I can do everything.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

SkywardLink98

@Konata Ok that makes sense. As a newcomer to the series that was pretty off putting for me and unfortunately the writer didn't go into detail.

Arianabtd

SkywardLink98 wrote:

@Konata Ok that makes sense. As a newcomer to the series that was pretty off putting for me and unfortunately the writer didn't go into detail.

(Welcome to the series ^^.)
But there's nothing like health or anything that would really prohibit you from playing.
I mean somedays you finish all you wanna do faster than other days.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

Gustoff

@SkywardLink98
The game is pretty much played as "self-paced". You do what you want, when you want. There's usually no limits on deadlines or anything like that. In AC:WW, i just go in and pick my weeds, dig for fossils and sell them, pull wilted flowers, drink coffee from the Roost, look for coconuts to sell, see if anybody is visiting the town, shoot some balloons from the sky, check what the Nookintons and the Able Sisters store has. Stuff like that. Then at night i usually just talk to the animals that are living in my town, write them letters, jam out in my house or watch tv(all this in the game, not in real life, )

So there's always plenty to do. In New Leaf, especially when you first get it, there'll be tons to do and keep you occupied. Like trying to upgrade your living space, catching all the bugs, fish, fossils, paintings, etc, etc, etc. I've already completed my museum with all pieces, except for the paintings(missing like 3 or 4 i think). Took me a loooooong time to get it complete, so yeah, you'll be plenty busy pretty much everyday if you choose to play everyday. Plus with special events that happen throughout the week? Man, you may never play another game for years!!!

3DS FC: 1805-2174-4646
3DS Name: Gustoff
AC:NL Dream Code: 4000-2538-6016

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic