3DS Forum

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Leaf Thread

Showing 5,761 to 5,780 of 5,966

AuthorMessage

Mowzle

5,761. Posted:

@6ch6ris6: Thanks. That's where I was caught out.
Isabelle babbles about "three spaces in front" when discussing a public work, so I had assumed the three blocks required in front of a house also applied to the public work. But from the evidence in my town it appears there only needs to be two blocks in front of those.
Ah well, c'est la vie. We live and learn!
Cheers :D

Best place to hang out on a dull day? Nintendolife.
Animal Crossing New Leaf town - Sally and Spike live in Saco Bay. Dream Code 7900-2511-7269

AuthorMessage

Mowzle

5,762. Posted:

@6ch6ris6: had a peek at your dream town last night. Still resisting paths, I see, but all the better for that.
More Wild World than New Leaf in some ways. I loved Wild World and wish the games were compatible.
Love your cedar tree woodlands and your cabin in the woods
:D

Animal Crossing New Leaf town - Sally and Spike live in Saco Bay. Dream Code 7900-2511-7269

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

5,763. Posted:

@Mowzle thanks i love my cabin in the woods. wish i had something like that in real life :o
what do you mean with "more wild world than new leaf in some ways"? :D

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

5,764. Posted:

Just put in new town project for new fairytale bridge. :D

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog - Discontinued
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

Mowzle

5,765. Posted:

@6ch6ris6: Without paths your village has that lovely "off in the woods" feel about it that I loved about Wild World.
My New Leaf town has two humans who never run, and I only have occasional visitors, but I still had bad grass degradation, even in areas where we very seldom went. It's almost as if the game had been programmed to decide where grass wear was most likely and just degraded in those areas regardless of the foot traffic. Grass also degraded in the areas where foot traffic was actually heavy. So in the end, because I hate looking at brown and the feeling I'm splashing through mud when it rains, I ended up with more paved areas than I had planned. I tried taking up the paths when it snowed, but snow didn't settle on the worn areas and so I just re-laid them. I have actually come to enjoy my paved areas, but I vary them a great deal and change the tiles to fit the seasons to my taste.
I do think this grass degradation has been taken to such extremes by the Nintendo design team that it detracts from the game to a considerable extent. I don't know whether it would be possible to issue a patch to reduce the impact of this "innovation", but if it was I wish they would do so.

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

5,766. Posted:

i dont really understand thow the grass degredation works. sometimes it changes in my town within 2-3days. and the part with the most degredation is one that i only walk through once every day.
i dont think i will every use paths. even the best ones just look "okay" to me.

still dont know why you think my town has a wild world kinda feeling. just because of no paths? you could lay paths in wild world aswell or am i wrong?

Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

Mowzle

5,767. Posted:

@6ch6ris6: Yes, you could lay paths in Wild World, but I preferred not to have pathways, and there was no visible grass wear in that game. So I just kept to a grassy landscape, which is what you have in Pinewood. I suppose that's why it reminds me of my much loved Wild World town. No other reason in particular.
I'm no computer geek, but I do think the drawing/design tool in New Leaf is probably more sophisticated than the one in Wild World, so skillfully drawn pathways can blend in with the landscape and look much more realistic, as long as one avoids overhangs on cliffs and riverbanks.
Your grass seems to be coping very well in larger areas than my town. I started playing in June when the game first came out in Europe, but that may have nothing to do with it.

AuthorMessage

Lynn

5,768. Posted:

Heyi just started playing again afterthe whole swapp note thingy was taken off. I want to have visitors or visit someone. Would like ppl who are on frequently (: hope to hear from you soon :D

My 3Ds Fc: 0018-0614-7849
Name: Lynn
Make Sure You Message ME You FC Too To Add You :D
~Girls Mainly Plz~ 18+
I Like To Swap Notes :3

AuthorMessage

adderrson

5,769. Posted:

Just started playing this again after being away for 5 months (according to the citizens of Lanley) and would really like some active players to add as friends to communicate with etc

Only 4 house renovations to go now ^_^

3DS Friend Code: 3093 - 7320 - 8844
looking for people to play Animal Crossing: New Leaf with :)

AuthorMessage

Lynn

5,770. Posted:

adderrson wrote:

Just started playing this again after being away for 5 months (according to the citizens of Lanley) and would really like some active players to add as friends to communicate with etc

Only 4 house renovations to go now ^_^

Hey add me and ill add you back (:

My 3Ds Fc: 0018-0614-7849
Name: Lynn
Make Sure You Message ME You FC Too To Add You :D
~Girls Mainly Plz~ 18+
I Like To Swap Notes :3

AuthorMessage

adderrson

5,771. Posted:

Lynn wrote:

Hey add me and ill add you back (:

Just added you, am just working on some signs for my town.

http://app.nicofinder.net/tobimy/

That may come in handy for you at some point :)

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

5,772. Posted:

adderrson wrote:

whats that? i cant speak japanese

AuthorMessage

CureM

5,773. Posted:

@Lynn , @adderrson added both of you please add me back :)

"War, war never changes"
3DS FC: 1504-5794-1640

AuthorMessage

adderrson

5,774. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

adderrson wrote:

whats that? i cant speak japanese

Neither can I, open it in Google Chrome or through Google Translate to get it in english. :P

What it does though is convert images into animal crossing designs, informing you of what colour code to set up and a road map of how to draw it in game :)

Here's an example image of doge - http://puu.sh/6nYTW.png

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

5,775. Posted:

havent played this in months! well i do check in like every 3 weeks or so. No villager hasn't moved while i been away. Im happy about that but i wouldn't mind if 2 of them moved.
I never participated in the fishing tourney before can't wait. ^__^

Animal Crossing NewLeaf Rulz!!
Town of Paradise Mayor:Eli_Ash
My youtube channel
current lets play "Torneco's mystery dungeon"
PSN:ELI-ASH

3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

5,776. Posted:

@adderson
oh yeah that's so cool !! thanks for sharing

edit: ah i hate not being able to build publik works projects because of the stupid fishing tournament

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

AuthorMessage

Radi

5,777. Posted:

Still having trouble to connect to go to other players or letting other players come to me. However going to the island with players all around the world (tortimer club) works perfectly. Same as internet, e-shop and friend list. However going to a other player gives me errors. Tried the nintendo tutorials off fixing but that only makes the crashing worse.

Radi

3DS Friend Code: 0834-2400-5647

AuthorMessage

edhe

5,778. Posted:

AAARRRRGGHHH!! I only have one fossil to get - the mammoth torso, but I just can't get one. My storage is filling up with fossils that I want to consolidate into miniatures, but until I get that last one, I'm doomed to have a cupboard full of bones. I've been looking for that last fossil for months!

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

5,779. Posted:

Why do you have to wait until you get the mammoth torso to turn the other fossils into miniatures?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AuthorMessage

edhe

5,780. Posted:

Xyphon22 wrote:

Why do you have to wait until you get the mammoth torso to turn the other fossils into miniatures?

I might have been misinformed. I've had a quick look at the wiki and it suggests I can get Cyrus (of Re-Tail) to turn them into miniatures.

I will need to complete the fossil collection, but that will get me a golden tool if I recall.

Thanks. You may have saved me another two months of despair.

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84