Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Leaf Thread

Posts 5,461 to 5,480 of 5,919

Mk_II

AFAIK the maximum is five mushrooms per day. You need plenty of space around trees and they basically spawn like fossils so if you leave one behind, you'll get a maximum of four new shrooms the next day.

BTW: the Nintendo Zone DLC item here in the Netherlands / Europe is a big multi-platform scratch pole for cats... you gotta love that sense of developer humour! think i'll gift it to Ankha, my friendly cat villager

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 My Super Mario Maker levels

Pokefanmum82

I got an autumn leaf chair from the spotpass here in Canada

Want: Ever Oasis, SoS Trio of Towns, Dragon Quest 8, Pikmin 3DS, Mario Sports Superstars, and Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World.
Playing Skytree Village, Moon, Sun and Alpha Sapphire right now.
Loving the Alola region and can't wait to explore it all.

Ras

Is something going wrong with my game? In the last three days, I've had four move requests. I've never had them that frequently. Stranger still, I had a frog named Drift camping in my town yesterday, and today there's a mouse named Dora! Camping has always been fairly rare. Is it because I've streetpassed people with moving animals or is my game getting glitched out?

Ras

bezerker99

Nintendofan134 wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

Finally. I passed all of Gracie's fashion tests!!! RAWR~!!!
Untitled

Good for you! I already got T and T Emporium.

I had been neglecting Gracie and her fashion tests for the first few months of me owning this game. I finally started buying every article of clothing and accessory that I could find and storing them away in my closet space. However, once that got full, I started tossing random clothes into my museum exhibits, lol. Whenever Gracie came to town, I would go and check my inventory to find the necessary clothes.

It's refreshing to know that since I've passed all 4 of Gracie's tests, I can now sell all this stuff and free up some much needed space!!

6ch6ris6

i read somewhere else that people are complaining about new villagers building their houses at places where they destroy trees and flowers.

now i plan on planting many cedar trees in the top of my town with small paths leading through the forrest to the various locations in my town. is there a way of protecting theses forrests from new villagers?
i thought about protecting the forrests with many small community projects like streetlamps and stuff like that which is one block big so it doesnt ruin the look of the forrest but keeps villagers from building there. do you think this could work or are there better ways of protecting my forrest?

and second question: how can i get many cedar-saplings? my gardening-shop only as one in three days or so

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Steam: ACAB or 6ch6ris6
waiting for a pricedrop on switch

Mk_II

Ras wrote:

Is it because I've streetpassed people with moving animals

Yes, you can pick up stray animals from Streetpass hits

6ch6ris6 wrote:

thought about protecting the forrests with many small community projects like streetlamps

AFAIK that's the only way to prevent new houses from being built in a particular area.

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 My Super Mario Maker levels

Memaw1

6ch6ris6 wrote:

i read somewhere else that people are complaining about new villagers building their houses at places where they destroy trees and flowers.

now i plan on planting many cedar trees in the top of my town with small paths leading through the forrest to the various locations in my town. is there a way of protecting theses forrests from new villagers?
i thought about protecting the forrests with many small community projects like streetlamps and stuff like that which is one block big so it doesnt ruin the look of the forrest but keeps villagers from building there. do you think this could work or are there better ways of protecting my forrest?

and second question: how can i get many cedar-saplings? my gardening-shop only as one in three days or so

I have 6 for u, and just put small pw projects in there like illuminated tree, light post, stone, then they won't build there

Fc: 3883-5628-9096
Have 4 characters: corinne, memaw, piper, kyle
Houses are rustic, antique, harmonious ,toy shop
do not shovel or chop, DO NOT pick flowers or mushrooms
Stay on path, don't run
Feel free to take fruit- I have all
Dream address 4700-2847-6813

bezerker99

Memaw1 wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

i read somewhere else that people are complaining about new villagers building their houses at places where they destroy trees and flowers.

now i plan on planting many cedar trees in the top of my town with small paths leading through the forrest to the various locations in my town. is there a way of protecting theses forrests from new villagers?
i thought about protecting the forrests with many small community projects like streetlamps and stuff like that which is one block big so it doesnt ruin the look of the forrest but keeps villagers from building there. do you think this could work or are there better ways of protecting my forrest?

and second question: how can i get many cedar-saplings? my gardening-shop only as one in three days or so

I have 6 for u, and just put small pw projects in there like illuminated tree, light post, stone, then they won't build there

I just always tell my animal neighbors that they can't leave. Ever.

Sure, this prevents me from meeting new animals in the game but so be it. I'd rather keep my town's walkways and trees and such safe.

My town's design and intricate layout is >>>>>>> a new animal and their lame house.

Not worth it.

Tigus

Just got this and still on day one, does anyone play this online at all?

Lifes like a game there are those who are good at it and those who need some practice.
-Me

Nintendo Network ID: TigusVaton

SkywardLink98

Tigus wrote:

Just got this and still on day one, does anyone play this online at all?

Lot's do, you just need to have each other friended on a system level.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

6ch6ris6

i think protecting my trees with community projects will work just fine. finished a designsign today and tomorrow a streetlamp. that will protect the first part of my special cedar forrest in wonderful pinewood

Steam: ACAB or 6ch6ris6
waiting for a pricedrop on switch

Mowzle

@bezerker99: I had the same storage problem with clothes in order to pass Gracie's Fashion Checks, and have just finished clearing out all the unwanted clothes.
I'm sure everyone already knows this, but just in case not - it is possible to store things on letter paper in your post office save file where you have 180 spaces. You really need to keep a written record of what is in each space for easy use, but I keep loads of things in there and fetch them out as required. I make a lined annotated grid in ink, and then list the items in pencil and alter as needed. I'm sure lots of peeples would find that too much of a chore, but as I keep a notebook to remind me of up-and-coming animal's birthdays, etc., it just sits in the back of that. Yeah! I do know I'm sad

The other VERY useful aspect of this save file is that it follows your character if they move to another game card - or it did in Wild World anyway, and there's no reason to suspect New Leaf would be different. That character then arrives in their new town with a load of furniture and clothing, which makes building up a new town from scratch a lot easier. Can't move the mayor to a new town in New Leaf, but any other character can go.

Edited on by Mowzle

Best place to hang out on a dull day? Nintendolife.

bezerker99

Mowzle wrote:

@bezerker99: I had the same storage problem with clothes in order to pass Gracie's Fashion Checks, and have just finished clearing out all the unwanted clothes.
I'm sure everyone already knows this, but just in case not - it is possible to store things on letter paper in your post office save file where you have 180 spaces. You really need to keep a written record of what is in each space for easy use, but I keep loads of things in there and fetch them out as required. I make a lined annotated grid in ink, and then list the items in pencil and alter as needed. I'm sure lots of peeples would find that too much of a chore, but as I keep a notebook to remind me of up-and-coming animal's birthdays, etc., it just sits in the back of that. Yeah! I do know I'm sad

The other VERY useful aspect of this save file is that it follows your character if they move to another game card - or it did in Wild World anyway, and there's no reason to suspect New Leaf would be different. That character then arrives in their new town with a load of furniture and clothing, which makes building up a new town from scratch a lot easier. Can't move the mayor to a new town in New Leaf, but any other character can go.

That's a pretty smart idea! I've never done that before but it's good to know that option is there. I do use the letters I have on my character as extra inventory spaces. It's definitely good to know there's extra storage space there at the Post Office! It would have been easier to finish Gracie's fashion tests had I done that instead of taking up all my drawer inventory space as well as my museum exhibits.

Edited on by bezerker99

Drawdler

Gracie finally appeared in my town today! I didn't expect that at all, and I was worried I wouldn't be able to pass since I wasn't prepared, but I managed to complete her basic themed fashion check.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

6ch6ris6

building my second streetlamp today to protect villagers from moving to where my cedar-forrest is going to be.

pinewood is becomming more pinewood-y with every day muhaha
but i still need like 100 cedar saplings

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Steam: ACAB or 6ch6ris6
waiting for a pricedrop on switch

Mowzle

@bezerker99: Glad to be of help

Best place to hang out on a dull day? Nintendolife.

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic