Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Leaf Thread

Posts 5,441 to 5,460 of 5,908

Mowzle

I've been playing a download copy of ACNL since June when the game was published in UK. Mayor Sally has seven villager pictures:-
1 of Pekoe, 3 of Limburg, and 3 of Velma!!!!
Limburg and Velma have both given me their pic on three separate occasions with a great flourish. It's really not the end of the world, but I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had this experience? I presume it's some sort of glitch, and am beginning to wonder if I'm ever likely to get any other pics, or whether Limburg and Velma are just suffering from dementia
I'm really kind and infinitely obliging to all my villagers. Honest!!

Best place to hang out on a dull day? Nintendolife.

3DGamer

Can someone give me an axe? I need it to cut down my bamboo.

Like a boss.

AutumnStars

Anyone else have dead grass throughout your town? I really hate how my town looks with lots of missing patches or grass and just dirt. I've tried to make it grow back but its really slow I hope in the next game they dont add this feature.

AutumnStars

Ras

Yeah, it sucks. They could at least have grass seed in the store. You can grow it back by timetraveling a month, but it's very dangerous. You can lose a villager. One guide said that if a villager pings you and says they are going to leave, and you say no, you are safe to travel. The first time I did it, I hadn't played, and I lost a villager. It's hard to recommend for that reason. But, it did make things look better.

Ras

6ch6ris6

i read that planting trees helps the grass getting back in that area. dont know if this is true.

i think the feature is pretty cool. it is like in reallife. walking specific ways very often creates paths with no or less grass. i dont think it looks that bad. looks way better than those stupid selfmade squares people place to creat roads and paths. i dont get why so many people are doing that

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Memaw1

6ch6ris6 wrote:

i read that planting trees helps the grass getting back in that area. dont know if this is true.

i think the feature is pretty cool. it is like in reallife. walking specific ways very often creates paths with no or less grass. i dont think it looks that bad. looks way better than those stupid selfmade squares people place to creat roads and paths. i dont get why so many people are doing that

You around for cedar?

Fc: 3883-5628-9096
Have 4 characters: corinne, memaw, piper, kyle
Houses are rustic, antique, harmonious ,toy shop
do not shovel or chop, DO NOT pick flowers or mushrooms
Stay on path, don't run
Feel free to take fruit- I have all
Dream address 4700-2847-681...

Memaw1

Turnip prices anyone?

Stay on path, don't run

6ch6ris6

turnips today are 33 xD

@Memaw1 yeah i will go onlien now

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Memaw1

6ch6ris6 wrote:

turnips today are 33 xD

@Memaw1 yeah i will go onlien now

I'm back, u here?

Stay on path, don't run

Kyloctopus

I got back to Animal Crossing the other day, and publicly apologized to my citizens. I'm the Rob Ford of Animal Crossing (The controversial mayor part, not the smoking part)
Untitled

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

AutumnStars

@6ch6ris6

I've had to put those brick roads to hide my dead grass and to make it stop from dying lol T.T

AutumnStars

Ras

Unfortunately, paths don't stop grass erosion. But, it's at least covered and you won't damage the rest of your grass if you stay to the paths. Nintendo needs to stop punishing us for wanting to play their games more than we really should (I'm approaching 400 hours).

Ras

Mowzle

@6ch6ris6: Regarding using QR Code paths to cover pathways - you have started playing the game in the dry part of the year.
I too preferred the natural unpaved and grassy runways in Wild World (where the grass did not wear away too badly), but New Leaf grass wear is something else!
I got so tired of splashing through muddy paths in heavy rain during June in New Leaf that it didn't take much to convert me, though I agree path designs need to be chosen and sited carefully.
I tend to go for a random, but sort of matching patchwork effect, and I never go over the edges of cliffs or riversides. I have actually come to quite enjoy changing my pathways with the seasons. Also, I don't have any hang-ups about using the many well designed ones that are posted on the ACNL QR code websites, several of which are devoted purely to paths and streams. I find having a designated pathway does help you to "Keep off the Grass".
However, a forecast of snow flurries has been posted by "the powers" on my town notice board, and I suspect I'll be taking up most of my pathways during the winter to take full advantage of the snow. Unless snow patches are confined to grass - in which case I'll have to hope someone will do some effective QR codes of artificial snow.

Edited on by Mowzle

Best place to hang out on a dull day? Nintendolife.

DanteSolablood

6ch6ris6 wrote:

I have a poop tonne of trees in my town and still have fairly bad soil erosion, my understanding is that flowers were supposed to repair the damage... if that's true it's so slow that it's not noticeable within a month. Believe me, when the grass is lush & green you REALLY see how bad the erosion looks.

Sorry for not adding you by the way, will do it now. Just been busy & missed your post!

Danté: Old, cool & wise (the latter two are lies)
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Switch FC: SW-4146-5915-6308
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter:

AutumnStars

I wish I had used the qr brick paths in the beginning. I didn't know my grass would die if I ran all over the place. Sadly, I noticed too late. I'm still enjoying this game but gosh darn I sometimes get sad when I notice how so parts of my town look so much better than other parts xD

AutumnStars

Ras

I just pathed mine up yesterday. It looks pretty good, but I'm really not a fan of having paths. I think it's because I'm an "everything in its place" guy in real life and I like to just relax and have things unordered in my town. But, visitors are always confused as to where they are supposed to walk, so I'm trying paths for now. I've actually laid them down two previous times and promptly kicked them up, because I just like it wild. But, this is a nicer path than I've had.

Ras

6ch6ris6

my goal is to have lots of forrests so that people will be leaded by the paths (without patterns) that go through the woods. sure i will loose the grass on those paths but thats okay because they are paths anyway. the rest should have grass though. if it doesnt work i can still lay down patterns later.

the thing is people lay down patterns to protect the grass but whats this good for when you dont see the grass anyway because there are patterns other it? xD

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Mk_II

I had a blue dot on my AC:NL icon this evening and decided to check the Update Data option. It said there was an update, necessary for certain online functions. I downloaded the update but haven't experienced any changes yet. Could this be a prelude to Miiverse on 3DS integration? I certainly hope they patch AC:NL to make that possible.

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Ras

6ch6ris6 wrote:

my goal is to have lots of forrests so that people will be leaded by the paths (without patterns) that go through the woods. sure i will loose the grass on those paths but thats okay because they are paths anyway. the rest should have grass though. if it doesnt work i can still lay down patterns later.

the thing is people lay down patterns to protect the grass but whats this good for when you dont see the grass anyway because there are patterns other it? xD

Why did you have to post this? Now I'm back to seriously reconsidering having paths.

Ras

DanteSolablood

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Because... because... booooooo! XD

Haha, really it just keeps people from wearing out the grass in areas that you don't want them walking. But each to their own really, quite like my path!

As for forests, I've got trees in grid pattern about 2 spaces apart all the way through my island. Uhm... plenty of fruit to go around!

Danté: Old, cool & wise (the latter two are lies)
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Switch FC: SW-4146-5915-6308
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic