Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Leaf Thread

Posts 5,421 to 5,440 of 5,908

Memaw1

6ch6ris6 wrote:

i read somewhere else that people are complaining about new villagers building their houses at places where they destroy trees and flowers.

now i plan on planting many cedar trees in the top of my town with small paths leading through the forrest to the various locations in my town. is there a way of protecting theses forrests from new villagers?
i thought about protecting the forrests with many small community projects like streetlamps and stuff like that which is one block big so it doesnt ruin the look of the forrest but keeps villagers from building there. do you think this could work or are there better ways of protecting my forrest?

and second question: how can i get many cedar-saplings? my gardening-shop only as one in three days or so

I have 6 for u, and just put small pw projects in there like illuminated tree, light post, stone, then they won't build there

Fc: 3883-5628-9096
Have 4 characters: corinne, memaw, piper, kyle
Houses are rustic, antique, harmonious ,toy shop
do not shovel or chop, DO NOT pick flowers or mushrooms
Stay on path, don't run
Feel free to take fruit- I have all
Dream address 4700-2847-681...

bezerker99

Memaw1 wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

i read somewhere else that people are complaining about new villagers building their houses at places where they destroy trees and flowers.

now i plan on planting many cedar trees in the top of my town with small paths leading through the forrest to the various locations in my town. is there a way of protecting theses forrests from new villagers?
i thought about protecting the forrests with many small community projects like streetlamps and stuff like that which is one block big so it doesnt ruin the look of the forrest but keeps villagers from building there. do you think this could work or are there better ways of protecting my forrest?

and second question: how can i get many cedar-saplings? my gardening-shop only as one in three days or so

I have 6 for u, and just put small pw projects in there like illuminated tree, light post, stone, then they won't build there

I just always tell my animal neighbors that they can't leave. Ever.

Sure, this prevents me from meeting new animals in the game but so be it. I'd rather keep my town's walkways and trees and such safe.

My town's design and intricate layout is >>>>>>> a new animal and their lame house.

Not worth it.

Tigus

Just got this and still on day one, does anyone play this online at all?

Lifes like a game there are those who are good at it and those who need some practice.
-Me

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4350-2155 | Nintendo Network ID: TigusVaton

SkywardLink98

Tigus wrote:

Just got this and still on day one, does anyone play this online at all?

Lot's do, you just need to have each other friended on a system level.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

6ch6ris6

i think protecting my trees with community projects will work just fine. finished a designsign today and tomorrow a streetlamp. that will protect the first part of my special cedar forrest in wonderful pinewood

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

bezerker99

It's been a good week for me in this game!!! Not only have I got T&E under current construction, but I also got a bronze Dreamer badge and all the items from Brewster by working at The Roost Café~.

Mowzle

@bezerker99: I had the same storage problem with clothes in order to pass Gracie's Fashion Checks, and have just finished clearing out all the unwanted clothes.
I'm sure everyone already knows this, but just in case not - it is possible to store things on letter paper in your post office save file where you have 180 spaces. You really need to keep a written record of what is in each space for easy use, but I keep loads of things in there and fetch them out as required. I make a lined annotated grid in ink, and then list the items in pencil and alter as needed. I'm sure lots of peeples would find that too much of a chore, but as I keep a notebook to remind me of up-and-coming animal's birthdays, etc., it just sits in the back of that. Yeah! I do know I'm sad

The other VERY useful aspect of this save file is that it follows your character if they move to another game card - or it did in Wild World anyway, and there's no reason to suspect New Leaf would be different. That character then arrives in their new town with a load of furniture and clothing, which makes building up a new town from scratch a lot easier. Can't move the mayor to a new town in New Leaf, but any other character can go.

Edited on by Mowzle

Best place to hang out on a dull day? Nintendolife.

bezerker99

Mowzle wrote:

@bezerker99: I had the same storage problem with clothes in order to pass Gracie's Fashion Checks, and have just finished clearing out all the unwanted clothes.
I'm sure everyone already knows this, but just in case not - it is possible to store things on letter paper in your post office save file where you have 180 spaces. You really need to keep a written record of what is in each space for easy use, but I keep loads of things in there and fetch them out as required. I make a lined annotated grid in ink, and then list the items in pencil and alter as needed. I'm sure lots of peeples would find that too much of a chore, but as I keep a notebook to remind me of up-and-coming animal's birthdays, etc., it just sits in the back of that. Yeah! I do know I'm sad

The other VERY useful aspect of this save file is that it follows your character if they move to another game card - or it did in Wild World anyway, and there's no reason to suspect New Leaf would be different. That character then arrives in their new town with a load of furniture and clothing, which makes building up a new town from scratch a lot easier. Can't move the mayor to a new town in New Leaf, but any other character can go.

That's a pretty smart idea! I've never done that before but it's good to know that option is there. I do use the letters I have on my character as extra inventory spaces. It's definitely good to know there's extra storage space there at the Post Office! It would have been easier to finish Gracie's fashion tests had I done that instead of taking up all my drawer inventory space as well as my museum exhibits.

Edited on by bezerker99

Drawdler

Gracie finally appeared in my town today! I didn't expect that at all, and I was worried I wouldn't be able to pass since I wasn't prepared, but I managed to complete her basic themed fashion check.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

6ch6ris6

building my second streetlamp today to protect villagers from moving to where my cedar-forrest is going to be.

pinewood is becomming more pinewood-y with every day muhaha
but i still need like 100 cedar saplings

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Mowzle

@bezerker99: Glad to be of help

Best place to hang out on a dull day? Nintendolife.

minipyre

hmmm... no one to plat A.C. with

Edited on by minipyre

Friend code: 6450-6215-1448
accepting perfect fruit of any kind for 1000 bells each

6ch6ris6

minipyre wrote:

every hour i have like 4 people in my friendslist who are online with their 3DS and playing animal crossing. very rarely someone opens their gates. i have my gates open almost everytime i am doing somehting that doesnt require closed gates (like town projects).

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

DanteSolablood

6ch6ris6 wrote:

minipyre wrote:

every hour i have like 4 people in my friendslist who are online with their 3DS and playing animal crossing. very rarely someone opens their gates. i have my gates open almost everytime i am doing somehting that doesnt require closed gates (like town projects).

That's awesome, I open my gates occasionally but don't get people visiting... oddly enough one of my friends that visited all the time has stopped turning up. Hope she's not dead! Always happy to add people and mess about on the island etc!

Danté: Old, cool & wise (the latter two are lies)
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Switch FC: SW-4146-5915-6308
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter:

Moosebear

Does anyone feel like visiting my town? Or perhaps me visit theirs? I'm kinda bored right now.

Friend Code: 0302-0290-8656

Ras

Thanks. I wondered when the raccoon clock was repeated if the afternoon tea set would come back up. Glad I didn't pay a fortune for it on one of the trading sites.

Ras

6ch6ris6

@DanteSolablood
added you. add me back !

so my first part of my cedar-forrest is almost complete. only need one more cedarsapling. it looks really cool so far.
if anybody has cedarspalings please help me!

PS: ill be on in a few minutes i think

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

BriMuffin

@Osui / Paul,
If you see this add my FC!
We were friends but I haven't seen you in awhile! Next time your on just add me!

3DS FC: 0232-7747-2884 | Hope We Have Fun!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic