Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Leaf Thread

Posts 5,401 to 5,420 of 5,908

sugarpixel

Sooo.... what happens on Halloween, exactly? Other than Isabelle notifying me that it's Halloween?

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

6ch6ris6

RevolverLink wrote:

Halloween question: How does one complete the Creepy furniture set?
I've managed to earn five lollipops from scaring all of the villagers that were indoors (and subsequently received five Creepy items from Jack), but with the other half of the village running around outside, I'm unsure about how to get more lollipops.

that's the problem i had too. i think i missed one or two items of the creepy set but my house looks very creepy now anyway xD

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

RevolverLink

6ch6ris6 wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

Halloween question: How does one complete the Creepy furniture set?
I've managed to earn five lollipops from scaring all of the villagers that were indoors (and subsequently received five Creepy items from Jack), but with the other half of the village running around outside, I'm unsure about how to get more lollipops.

that's the problem i had too. i think i missed one or two items of the creepy set but my house looks very creepy now anyway xD

I did a save & quit and then started the game up again a few minutes ago, and it swapped some of the villagers that were indoors/outdoors.

I just need one more piece now.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

6ch6ris6

@RevlverLink that didnt work for me. that stupid dog just didnt want to go inside his house...

btw you can get the pumpkins from your residents outside when you dont wear a mask and loose against them in a game.
i think there are for different coloured pumpkins. at leasts that's what i got

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

RevolverLink

It took a few tries for Boone to finally go into his house, but saving & quitting looks like the way to go as far as getting lollipops from all of the villagers is concerned. I didn't get any Creepy doubles from Jack either, which is awesome.

Now to spend the next several hours unloading all of the candy I bought over the last month...

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Blast

I bring very sad news. Some might argue that the biggest bragging right of Animal Crossing: New Leaf is the fact that people can take pictures anytime during the game and then post it on Swapnote for all their friends to see. We can't do that anymore. Swapnote is now dead. Nintendo pulled the plug on it earlier today. This is really gonna hurt the people who enjoyed sharing pictures of themselves playing the game. You can talk about why Nintendo killed Swapnote on this thread: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/swapnote_spotpass_serv...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

SkywardLink98

Awww, Ozzie threw me a surprise birthday party today Best. friend. ever. (Merengue and Hamlet came too, and we all danced and ate cake).

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Ras

Twice now, I've been getting multiple Animal Crossing streetpass houses from the same guys, and right when I am on the cusp of finally earning the bubble wand, their houses no longer appear. They are in the Streetpass Plaza, but not in the HHS. Am I just so unlucky to have found two guys who turned off AC sharing right at the wrong time, or is something else going on? Very frustrating. At least the one guy allowed me finish my Animal Crossing puzzle panel today.

After a great Halloween, I had a pretty good day today. I got the harvest chair and wall, Nintendo's spotpass autumn chair, and the very mushroom furniture I wanted (the mush hanger). Then, I accidentally hit Pompom with my net. I felt bad, so I quickly talked to her. She asked me to find her a good piece of furniture to replace her ottoman, and I came up with a barber's pole. This prompted her to give me her picture! It's been so long since I've gotten a villager picture that I was getting frustrated. I've now been given three and got a fourth when I accidentally time-traveled a villager out of my village.

Edited on by Ras

Ras

Ras

Checked the Nintendo Zone, and the downloadable item for North America is the raccoon wall clock. I guess they're taking the Best Buy exclusives wider.

Ras

Memaw1

Check sharing/trading thread for the extra creepy I have to sell

Fc: 3883-5628-9096
Have 4 characters: corinne, memaw, piper, kyle
Houses are rustic, antique, harmonious ,toy shop
do not shovel or chop, DO NOT pick flowers or mushrooms
Stay on path, don't run
Feel free to take fruit- I have all
Dream address 4700-2847-681...

Xyphon22

How many mushrooms are there supposed to be, and should there always be a piece of furniture? Both days so far I have found exactly four mushrooms (3 round and one skinny both times) and no furniture.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Mk_II

AFAIK the maximum is five mushrooms per day. You need plenty of space around trees and they basically spawn like fossils so if you leave one behind, you'll get a maximum of four new shrooms the next day.

BTW: the Nintendo Zone DLC item here in the Netherlands / Europe is a big multi-platform scratch pole for cats... you gotta love that sense of developer humour! think i'll gift it to Ankha, my friendly cat villager

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Pokefanmum82

I got an autumn leaf chair from the spotpass here in Canada

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Ras

Is something going wrong with my game? In the last three days, I've had four move requests. I've never had them that frequently. Stranger still, I had a frog named Drift camping in my town yesterday, and today there's a mouse named Dora! Camping has always been fairly rare. Is it because I've streetpassed people with moving animals or is my game getting glitched out?

Ras

bezerker99

Nintendofan134 wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

Finally. I passed all of Gracie's fashion tests!!! RAWR~!!!
Untitled

Good for you! I already got T and T Emporium.

I had been neglecting Gracie and her fashion tests for the first few months of me owning this game. I finally started buying every article of clothing and accessory that I could find and storing them away in my closet space. However, once that got full, I started tossing random clothes into my museum exhibits, lol. Whenever Gracie came to town, I would go and check my inventory to find the necessary clothes.

It's refreshing to know that since I've passed all 4 of Gracie's tests, I can now sell all this stuff and free up some much needed space!!

6ch6ris6

i read somewhere else that people are complaining about new villagers building their houses at places where they destroy trees and flowers.

now i plan on planting many cedar trees in the top of my town with small paths leading through the forrest to the various locations in my town. is there a way of protecting theses forrests from new villagers?
i thought about protecting the forrests with many small community projects like streetlamps and stuff like that which is one block big so it doesnt ruin the look of the forrest but keeps villagers from building there. do you think this could work or are there better ways of protecting my forrest?

and second question: how can i get many cedar-saplings? my gardening-shop only as one in three days or so

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Mk_II

Ras wrote:

Is it because I've streetpassed people with moving animals

Yes, you can pick up stray animals from Streetpass hits

6ch6ris6 wrote:

thought about protecting the forrests with many small community projects like streetlamps

AFAIK that's the only way to prevent new houses from being built in a particular area.

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic