Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Leaf Thread

Posts 2,201 to 2,220 of 5,908

ELI-ASH

So now that i know how to catch beetles correctly. I decided to go on a second trip that same day. Look how much i made.
Untitled Untitled
348k O_O I caught some Goliath,Elephant,Cyclomatus and a whopping 10 Golden Stags.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Betelgroose

paul6891 wrote:

Do those little wood carvings you can dig up have a purpose?

If you put some of them in your house sometimes they'll make a neat little rhythm

"From tiny acorns, mighty oak trees grow, and those oak trees have guns and are flipping awesome" -Bunny Lord
Uhhhh... I like potatoes...

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2393-2290 | Nintendo Network ID: Groose_Lord

SkywardLink98

@ELI-ASH Please explain the art of catching bugs on the island to me...

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Whopper744

BrittGOAL14 wrote:

Unlocked the Dream Suite and have become a member of Club Tortimer.

Money earning is tough during the day. Roll on 7pm!

I feel like I'm cheating almost since I figured that out but I shouldn't be playing while I'm at work before that anyway.

Even though it's really slow....fighting urge to go fishing on my 3DSXL for bells....oh look what I found :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lists_of_lists

that should keep me busy a while.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

DaanMuffin

Me and my sister share the game (i'm mayor), but she can't visit the island. She payed off the 39k loan. Does anyone know what's going on?

Daan
Fc: 3711-7478-3087

3DS Friend Code: 3711-7478-3087 | Nintendo Network ID: Daan

Chrono_Cross

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Chrono_Crossing wrote:

Here's a little tip for all of you guys that need help earning bells:

Visit the island as soon as you unlock it.. Once there, all of your belongings are kept back at town so it reduces the cluster in your pockets. There's a bin where you can store up to forty bugs, fish, and fruit. The gyroid outside offer you equipment to rent and use on your little getaway. Don't collect fruit or fish unless you need the fruit for your town. The only time you should fish is when you see a fin in the water which determines there is definitely a shark present (hammer shark- 8,000 bells, shark- 15,000 bells, whale shark- 13,000 bells, saw shark- 12,000 bells, and the sunfish- 4,000).

Okay, so you need to pull out your net and circle around the island in a slow, cautious motion. Clock-wise. Four insects are always present on the island. The stag beetles and moths that inhabit the normal trees, should be scared away so the bigger beetles on the banana trees can respawn and be caught. The beetles on the banana trees include:

• Horned elephant (8,000 bells)
  • Horned atlas (8,000 bells)
  • Golden stag (12,000 bells)
  • Cyclomutos stag (8,000)
  • Goliath beetle (6,000 bells)

Bottom line: Don't collect any fish (unless they're sharks), don't collect butterflies (collect and let them go so beetles respawn. Otherwise they're 2,500 each), and scare the beetles and other inscects off of the normal trees so rare beetles respawn.

I have nearly a million bells in my deposit with an average of 240,000 bells earned each visit. It's crazy!

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

SkywardLink98

@Chrono_Cross Thanks for the advice! I must've missed that the first time you posted it, sorry.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.

Eel

Scarab, rainbow and giant beetles spawn in the normal fruit trees are all pretty valuable, so don't simply scare everything on the normal trees, first check.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ELI-ASH

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Not a problem so what you do is.
X.Go to the Island around 7pm or later
X.Borrow the bug net,axe and shovel
X.Cut the regular fruit trees with your axe and use your shovel for the stumps
X.Directly south side of the island cut some of palm trees. This makes it so that no beetles spawn in the front and only in the sides of the Island.
X.Pull your net out and slowly circle the Island until Beetles spawn in the Palm Trees.
X.When you see one quickly go into sneak mode with your net by holding A and slowly approach it,Don't sneak up to it willi nilly try to stop occasionally
X.if no beetles spawn just enter the resort place and exit and some should respawn.

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Eel

Don't cut all the fruit trees! These spawn two beetles that are worth more than most of the ones that appear on the palm trees are they're quite easy to catch!

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Chrono_Cross

Morphtorok wrote:

Don't cut all the fruit trees! These spawn two beetles that are worth more than most of the ones that appear on the palm trees are they're quite easy to catch!

Fruit beetles, moths, Saw stag, miyama, and dynastid beetles are worth much less than banana tree stags (yeah, I just said that). Those are the only beetles any player should scare since they're so common and aren't as valuable.

Just for you.

SkywardLink98

Apparently if you put the game in another 3DS it messes up the time. Just let my sister play it and it set it to 2012... then when I put it in mine it skipped to 2015 >.< Now Pashmina want's to move and my weeds are crazy D:

pikku

Anybody know whether or not the grass wears away like it did in City Folk?

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Chrono_Cross

pikku wrote:

Anybody know whether or not the grass wears away like it did in City Folk?

It's not as aggressive in New Leaf. If anything, it's quite the opposite now.

Just for you.

Whopper744

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Apparently if you put the game in another 3DS it messes up the time. Just let my sister play it and it set it to 2012... then when I put it in mine it skipped to 2015 >.< Now Pashmina want's to move and my weeds are crazy D:

Darn, sorry to hear that.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

SkywardLink98

Anyone know if my weeds will keep growing like crazy? My house is filled with roaches too, but at least T&T mart is being built and a new building is under construction... but I don't think it's worth time travelling

Chrono_Cross

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Anyone know if my weeds will keep growing like crazy? My house is filled with roaches too, but at least T&T mart is being built and a new building is under construction... but I don't think it's worth time travelling

As long as you don't fast forward time and/or play at least every other day, you'll be fine.

Just for you.

ELI-ASH

Morphtorok wrote:

but if you remove fruit trees all together you can theoretically make Golden Stags even more common.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic