Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Leaf Thread

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 5,908

Betelgroose

Late wrote:

Got mine for free thanks to So Many Games promotion. I played for about an hour and paid the first 10.000 bells to get a house. I like the Makar Mask (from Wind Waker) I got from Able Sisters.

I have the Makar mask too. When they are selling the leaf umbrella buy it and you can say its a Deku leaf

"From tiny acorns, mighty oak trees grow, and those oak trees have guns and are flipping awesome" -Bunny Lord
Uhhhh... I like potatoes...

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2393-2290 | Nintendo Network ID: Groose_Lord

Geonjaha

Chrono_Cross wrote:

That doesn't apply to everyone. Like Konata said, people play certain games for different reasons. Paying off the loan and collecting creatures isn't all what New Leaf is cracked up to be. There's more to achieve in this installment than simply donating and upgrading. If people don't want to make money so easily, don't go to the island every day. If they don't want to collect every bug possible during the summer season, don't go bug hunting every day for hours.

Yet, this can be achieved in every other Animal Crossing game, so I'm not sure why you're singling out New Leaf.

(Oh, and before I forget, you should mention the original's cheat codes when replying. Because everyone knows that wasn't abused.)

I haven't played the original, so I cant comment on that. I've only played Wild World previous to this title, and yes - that means that I don't have a view of the series as a whole, but what I'm saying is comparing those two games I'd much rather the progression had been more similar to Wild World.

Yes, I suppose that I could just ignore the island and other super effective money making tactics, but that doesn't change the fact that the game could have been better balanced for getting bells in the first place. I'm not saying this is a bad game - far from it, but it's still a flaw that's there, and it means that many people are getting through the games content much faster than they had hoped they would.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Chrono_Cross

Opinions are opinions. While some aren't enjoying the pacing, others are. Such as myself.

The only way I could see people breezing through the loans, the purchasable items, and the town structures, is if they're fast forwarding time. After you visit the island more than once a day, the bug respawn and rarity completely diminishes. Trust me when I say this because I can not for the life of me find Hercules beetles and golden stags on my second visit.

Though, if people want to fast forward time, so be it. It's their fault they lose interest in the game before the rest of us.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Chrono_Cross

KaiserGX wrote:

Trust me your going to need an easy way to get bells. A lot of the park projects cost a LOT. There's also parts and more upgrades for your house.

What Kaiser said. There's so much to buy and the loans seem endless... lol

Just for you.

Spoony_Tech

I'm finding the pacing to be just fine! I was in a hurry to pay off my second loan by days end but in no way a hurry to pay off my 3rd loan. I'm still waiting to buy a watering can and an ax! There is so much more I could do I don't even want to think about it lol! Plus who cares if you almost caught everything. Its not like its game over once you do.
Besides this game is so much more then completing your museum!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

OldMan-Tech wrote:

I'm finding the pacing to be just fine! I was in a hurry to pay off my second loan by days end but in no way a hurry to pay off my 3rd loan. I'm still waiting to buy a watering can and an ax! There is so much more I could do I don't even want to think about it lol! Plus who cares if you almost caught everything. Its not like its game over once you do.
Besides this game is so much more then completing your museum!

Which is why I'm so happily overwhelmed! Shooting balloons down, catching butterflies and listening to the fantastic soundtrack is all I'm doing anymore.

Also, I'm here to confirm that tarantulas have returned. I was playing Black Ops II with friends and I was mindlessly walking around my town (during the lobby countdown), to find the most psychotic and ruthless spider I have ever seen. He was on drugs or something, because he leaped towards me in a weird, side to side type progression and knocked me out. I yelled bloody murder.

Just for you.

SilverLightning

How do I activate street pass

im SilverLightning i was @BlueLightning i changed my name, i was born in a barn in ohio i was put in prison. 19 years later andy dufresne escaped shawshank prison.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3094-8702 | Nintendo Network ID: SilverLightning

Marakuto

Has anyone else started to breed flowers? I've made a small patch consisting of Pansys and Roses in my town which will gradually grow in the coming days. Does it still have to be spaced out to make the flowers breed just like in the WW & CF?

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals ...

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

GTWarrior77

Ok this is nuts. I'm a male in his 30's and I am enjoying this game far more than what I should. lol. My first animal crossing game. The game was released here today and I thought I would take the gamble. Didn't quite understand what the fuss was about regarding this game. I must say, I get it now

"As a man thinketh, so he is"
WiiU NNID: GTKing77

Whopper744

GTWarrior77 wrote:

Ok this is nuts. I'm a male in his 30's and I am enjoying this game far more than what I should. lol. My first animal crossing game. The game was released here today and I thought I would take the gamble. Didn't quite understand what the fuss was about regarding this game. I must say, I get it now

I'm 23, almost 24 myself. And I got one for my wife after she wanted it for a few days. Despite the "cuteness" of the game's looks, it really can be an enjoyable game if you let it.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Whopper744

By the way....clears throat

I, Joshua, the mayor of Cincy, will be holding a public execution of so called "Crazy Redd" this afternoon.
He is guilty of selling me what I thought was finally my first painting, which ended up being a fake for almost 4,000 bells.
Please bring random fruits and such to throw. Thanks.
(If only. )

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753

Whopper744

KaiserGX wrote:

If you ever need me to check paintings for you I will. I know which ones are fake.

I think I just found a list. Just my luck :

http://www.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-leaf/Paintings_a...

Arianabtd

Minhovia might be no more.

I woke up to find someone was gonna move in front of my house (like a lot of other people >_<.) So before saving I went back in time so see if I could change it (I knew there really wasn't a chance.) But in a weird twist of fate when I came back there was a SECOND house right beside mine and they were both built.

I hate the world.
I could handle the one house, but the two? And now my time in game is all messed up so I might have to restart which I really don't wanna do. Dang it I'm getting too emotionally attached to this game like always.

Now I'm all depressed...

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Whopper744

Konata wrote:

Minhovia might be no more.

I woke up to find someone was gonna move in front of my house (like a lot of other people >_<.) So before saving I went back in time so see if I could change it (I knew there really wasn't a chance.) But in a weird twist of fate when I came back there was a SECOND house right beside mine and they were both built.

I hate the world.
I could handle the one house, but the two? And now my time in game is all messed up so I might have to restart which I really don't wanna do. Dang it I'm getting too emotionally attached to this game like always.

Now I'm all depressed...

Untitled

This is why you don't mess with time!!

I'm just playin
I'd just roll with it and keep the place. Sounds kind of crappy that people moved in right on top of you, but it probably won't always be that way, ya know? Maybe you can be mean and make them move away too. haha

WebHead

I downloaded this the other day and...I'm really enjoying it!

My town's name is Tropica.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Spoony_Tech

I have ocean front property! No one can move in front of me.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

e-love

Yeah I noticed in this game that the villager houses are not confined to the signs that used to be set up around town, so they really could move anywhere.

@Konata
That sounds really lame D:

When do we get the option to build stuff on the main street by the way?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic