Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Leaf Thread

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 5,908

Magikarp3

Semi-return from NL hiatus:

Animal Crossing just got released in my region! Can't wait to hang out with all of you guys! I might be on for about an hour or two per day in study breaks.

Oh, and feel free to add my FC. I'll be playing a lot more often after I get on top of my exams and the other stuff in my life.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

dissembled

I know you can move furniture by moving the circle pad and pressing A simultaneously. My question is how you can move the furniture in ANY direction? It seems moving it is restricted to either l/r OR up/d. (It maybe restricted to just one of these directions... I can't remember at the moment.) What do you have to do so you can move furniture to ANY position in your home without rotating it?

Edited on by dissembled

I believe in science and that science can explain everything,
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way.
.anonymous

3DS Friend Code: 2337-3481-7203 | Nintendo Network ID: Absence-Of-Faith

Safari_ghost

Has anybody caught a soft shelled turtle?

3ds Friend code 4914-3359-2138

Peach64

I got the game last night (eShop release), but I've avoided all info leading up to release so I don't spoil stuff. I have some questions...

Do I have to make progress before turning on Street Pass? I'd really like to have it tomorrow as I'm going to a 3DS meet up.

The outfits look more advanced than Wild World (my last AC). I seem to remember every outfit was just the same wrap around, but you could draw on it to make them seem different. I'm pretty sure I'd make a cute Princess Peach dress, a sailor dress and some others. I used to have a link to a website and you could put in any image and it would convert it to the small number of pixels in an AC or Mario Kart icon.

Peach64

Eel

You must pay your house and register in the happy room academy before you get the option to turn streetpass on with Isabelle's brother.

To make advanced "pro" patterns for clothing you must pay the able sisters 500 bells, but you can make traditional Wild World-like patterns for free anytime you want in the patterns menu.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Chrono_Cross

Morphtorok wrote:

This hour is perfect for catching expensive beetles on the island~

It's crazy. Though, I wish they were more present in the village.

Tiny complaint is tiny.

Oh, and the 2 a.m. music is, well, amazing. (-:

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Woots

I'm concerned the game is going too fast. I'm already at over 50% in each category. Anybody else flying through it, and should I be concerned?

I've made a huge mistake.

A wild 3DS Friend Code appears: 0473-7844-8530

Follow me on the Twitter: @Pixel_Flip
Formerly Wooton, Lucario1394, DrWootBerg, etc.

Twitter:

ToxicSins

Peach64 wrote:

Do I have to make progress before turning on Street Pass? I'd really like to have it tomorrow as I'm going to a 3DS meet up.

Sorry, but you can't get Happy Home Showcase until the third day.

Mitchell

3DS Friend Code: 2638-0149-2737

Late

Got mine for free thanks to So Many Games promotion. I played for about an hour and paid the first 10.000 bells to get a house. I like the Makar Mask (from Wind Waker) I got from Able Sisters.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Geonjaha

Woots wrote:

I'm concerned the game is going too fast. I'm already at over 50% in each category. Anybody else flying through it, and should I be concerned?

That seems to be the general consensus about this game unfortunately, but I guess everyone here is still in denial.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Marakuto

I was so close to catching 2 out of 4 bees and Bells are finally coming out of the rocks in my town.

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals ...

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

Chrono_Cross

Geonjaha wrote:

That seems to be the general consensus about this game unfortunately, but I guess everyone here is still in denial.

Yet, you don't comprehend simplistic points and continue onward in your own little world.

lol

Just for you.

Geonjaha

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Yet, you don't comprehend simplistic points and continue onward in your own little world.

Was that just meant to be a general insult or did you have a point?

Geonjaha

Geonjaha

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Now that is funny.

If you say so...
I'm curious to know what 'simplistic points' exactly you think I'm missing.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

Chrono_Cross

During the summer time it's really easy to catch an overabundance of different insects and fish. This applies to every Animal Crossing, yet you don't seem to understand that.

Just for you.

Geonjaha

Chrono_Cross wrote:

During the summer time it's really easy to catch an overabundance of different insects and fish. This applies to every Animal Crossing, yet you don't seem to understand that.

I realise that, and that most insects/fish can be caught in the Summer - but catching all of the fish/bugs for a season within a few days and being able to easily make 1 million bells from the island means the lastability of the game (for the Summer at least) is significantly diminished.

Geonjaha

Chrono_Cross

That doesn't apply to everyone. Like Konata said, people play certain games for different reasons. Paying off the loan and collecting creatures isn't all what New Leaf is cracked up to be. There's more to achieve in this installment than simply donating and upgrading. If people don't want to make money so easily, don't go to the island every day. If they don't want to collect every bug possible during the summer season, don't go bug hunting every day for hours.

Yet, this can be achieved in every other Animal Crossing game, so I'm not sure why you're singling out New Leaf.

(Oh, and before I forget, you should mention the original's cheat codes when replying. Because everyone knows that wasn't abused.)

Just for you.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic