Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Leaf Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 5,908

Chrono_Cross

Once the news starts to poor in the board will be VERY active lol. I can't wait until it comes out. Going to be nuts!

And Corbie goes on the AC board? Hmmm.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

NintenHero

I've never played Animal Crossing before but I hear it's somewhat similar to Harvest Moon. I'm pretty much really excited for this game as well :3
I really hope they jam lots of excessive content into this game.

Draw!

3DS Friend Code: 2122-6444-4324

Chrono_Cross

Oh they are my friend.

Do you want to play Animal Crossing right now and get into the series? If so go and purchase the original. It's the best way to get into the series and it's dirt cheap lol. If not, I don't blame you. This new installment will be amazing. It will control my life. n__n

Just for you.

Victoria

@Viewtiful_Joe - Since you mentioned the old DS version .... Can I ask ... did you ever play it online with other people? I was wondering how you could communicate with other people in the game? (Since I'm using a higher internet encryption at my house, I couldn't go online with AC on my DSi, so I never got to play that way.) I didn't enjoy that version very much because I only ever played by myself, unlike the Wii version.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

Chrono_Cross

Actually I was talking about the GameCube version. But yes, I have played Wild World online and it's safe to say it's clearly identical to City Folk's chat system. Minus the voice chat option of course. It's a purple bar which allows you to only type in so many letters. It's limited and completely overshadowed by City Folk's voice chat option.

Trust me, City Folk is the better game. But then again WW is portable. Since you played City Folk you're definitely NOT missing out on anything. The only plus, for me, was that I had it when it came out practically and put an immense amount of time into it. The online didn't even do much for me either. It wasn't anything great nor was there very much to do.

Now if you haven't played the original, well, now you're missing out.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

Victoria

What I'm really asking about about is how did people communicate in the DS version? Did anyone play that online? I wonder how we'll be able to communicate in the 3DS version. People on the Wii version that didn't have WiiSpeak really lost out on having to stop playing to type out messages, while the rest of us carried on with our conversations. Though if that's all we can do on the 3DS version, at least it's sure to be a lot quicker and easier than trying to type using the Wii remote.

BenAV

Victoria wrote:

People on the Wii version that didn't have WiiSpeak really lost out on having to stop playing to type out messages, while the rest of us carried on with our conversations.

Personally, I found WiiSpeak not to work that well.
Quite often it would be pretty quiet and stuff, and I don't really like shouting across the room to the TV.
Wireless USB Keyboard is the way to go.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

6ch6ris6

i didnt have wiispeak but one time i played with a 9year old or so that had wiispeak and it was so funny. it sounded like his entire family was in the same room and he was just asking weird questions about me xD

i always played with usb-keyboard and it worked totally fine.

voice chat in the 3DS version would be cool, but i am fine with typing in everything via touchscreen

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Drawdler

Items seem to be already taking up tochscreen so that will probably be separate menu. I hope for the D-Pad to be an equipment selector, like in LGTTC.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Chrono_Cross

@Victoria

Unless they implement some sort of voice chat system, you will have to use text.

Just for you.

BenAV

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

@Victoria

Unless they implement some sort of voice chat system, you will have to use text.

Well it has a microphone so it's easily possible for them to include voice chat.
It'd be an improvement over WiiSpeak.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

Anything is better than that Wii Speak crap.

Just for you.

Arthedain

If Heroes of Ruin can have voicechat via the 3DS microphone, Animal Crossing could

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding" - Albert Einstein

Victoria

Isn't there a Pokemon game that had voice chat as well? Someone mentioned to me that there was.
I was just wondering if we would have a way to communicate at all? Like if you look how it works on Mario Kart 7 online races and we're limited a few simple pre-set comments, "Hello" "Let's get started" and "That was fun" ...... waste of time, really. At least being able to type on the 3DS would be easier than it was on the Wii if that's all we can do. But you can't even do that on MK7.

Demmi-Alpha

Maybe they'll incorporate drawing as an option, like Swap Note or Picto Chat.
:3

Demmi-Alpha

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3326-9455 | Nintendo Network ID: Demmi-Alpha

Seancy

@Chrono_Cross I don't suppose you'd like to trade 3DS friend codes for when the big day arrives?

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1234-0333Add me for Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus, and Animal Crossing, when it's out. Anyone looking for a Graphic Designer contact me at [email protected]

Please follow my art blog at http://seancy.tumblr.com/

Chrono_Cross

What a big day that's going to be! I'd love to trade FCs with a fellow animal crosser.

I got yours and mine is: 1762 2777 0965

I haven't added anyone for almost a year now. I don't really give out my friend code all that much, lol.

Just for you.

Seancy

Well I'm fairly active on it anyways. You might see a lot of Animal Crossing artwork coming your way through Swapnote, I hope that's not a problem Added, by the way.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1234-0333Add me for Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus, and Animal Crossing, when it's out. Anyone looking for a Graphic Designer contact me at [email protected]

Please follow my art blog at http://seancy.tumblr.com/

Chrono_Cross

I deleted the Swapnote app. So don't worry about it.

Just for you.

Arthedain

Can't believe how psyched I am for this game. I just hope E3 will give us more info ^^

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding" - Albert Einstein

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic