3DS Forum

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Leaf Thread

Showing 1,181 to 1,200 of 5,964

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

1,181. Posted:

@Geonjaha My problem is what happens when I get tired of the game, or when the 3DS is obsolete? Unlike HM, this game keeps going. There no way to freeze it in time, and from what I've read, there's no way to get those who've left to return to town. I don't want AC to end up feeling like a chore I have to do for a very long time, especially considering I'm probably going the download route.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

ktribal

1,182. Posted:

Hi guys, has anyone experienced connectivity issues when visiting another town/having a friend visit your town?
I have been trying to connect with friends but only two of them so far have REALLY connected to my town - like visited, stayed, played with me for a long time without any hitch. The others don't even get to connect to my town (the error window comes out) while others get to visit but we get the error within 5 minutes. Another occurence is that I am able to visit a friend's town without any problems whatsoever, but he can't last more than 2 minutes in mine. This happens every time and is getting frustrating. Is this a router issue?

3DS FC: 0232-7524-0672

Twitter: thedorkesthour

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

1,183. Posted:

Nobodys_Angel wrote:

@Geonjaha My problem is what happens when I get tired of the game, or when the 3DS is obsolete? Unlike HM, this game keeps going. There no way to freeze it in time, and from what I've read, there's no way to get those who've left to return to town. I don't want AC to end up feeling like a chore I have to do for a very long time, especially considering I'm probably going the download route.

Well as I said even if you quit the game for a while the only difference will be maybe half the town inhabitants have changed. I believe it is possible for the same people to leave and then come back, but I suppose the chance would be low. Do remember you could always just start a new game if it's been that long (Restarting is still very fun for AC games if you haven't played in a long while) and if not just see the new animals as a new start. ;)

Also, chances are if you've gotten to the point where you're bored of the game you wont care much about losing specific members of the town. Maybe not - that's just me. :3

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

1,184. Posted:

@Geonjaha Who are these people who leave?

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

1,185. Posted:

Nobodys_Angel wrote:

@Geonjaha Who are these people who leave?

The other inhabitants of the town; different animals with their own personality (by people of course I mean animals - you're the only human). There are maybe 5-6 (cant remember) other houses in your town where other people live and they can move out after certain periods of time (unless you beg them not to :3). You can make friends with them, visit their houses, get gifts from them - stuff like that.

See @Konata's post below for an example of the random neighbours you could get. :3

Edited on by Geonjaha

AuthorMessage

Konata

1,186. Posted:

WODSOEHRIE. My neighbors are SO. CUTE.
Untitled
Look at them! I got two ducks and a kangaroo! ^^.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

1,187. Posted:

oh damn i want this game so bad.
still not sure if i should download it. i would really regret it when i get bored of it someday and i cant sell it again like i always do with games i played through or got bored of :/
ac - cityfolks and ac - wold world ended up getting sold again after a fe months and then months later i wanted to play it again :(

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

1,188. Posted:

@Geonjaha So plot-essential characters cannot leave, just "generic" NPCs?

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

1,189. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

oh damn i want this game so bad.
still not sure if i should download it. i would really regret it when i get bored of it someday and i cant sell it again like i always do with games i played through or got bored of :/
ac - cityfolks and ac - wold world ended up getting sold again after a fe months and then months later i wanted to play it again :(

Following that pattern it seems you should download it. Make sure you have no regrets later. ;)

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

1,190. Posted:

Nobodys_Angel wrote:

Oh no of course not - they'll always be there. Just the random neighbours that you're assigned at the start may switch around - which also isn't a problem unless you get especially attached to some of them.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,191. Posted:

There are ways to stop them from moving, sometimes it may work...unless you REALLY want to keep them...then you gotta deal with...Time Traveling. lightning strikes
...Woah....its not even cloudy out, WTF? lol

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

1,192. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

Nobodys_Angel wrote:

Oh no of course not - they'll always be there. Just the random neighbours that you're assigned at the start may switch around - which also isn't a problem unless you get especially attached to some of them.

It's that last part that worries me... :(

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,193. Posted:

@Konata

How do you get your pics from the game on here again? Do you have them linked to your tumblr? :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

1,194. Posted:

My ideas for town names:
*A mixture of horrible politicians last names like Obamabush
*The name of a foreign pastry
*Something in a dead language like greek or latin.

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

Popcorn

1,195. Posted:

I ran out of stuff to do in my town for today. :(

Nintendo Network : Popcorn
3ds FC: 2621-2651-7547
Animal Crossing New Leaf Fruit: Pear

AuthorMessage

True_Hero

1,196. Posted:

It seems that my little town of Woodfall already has a problem. Sometimes when I switch outfits, the piece of clothing being taken off will just vanish from my inventory. I've lost two pieces this way so far. I haven't been able to get them back, either. Anybody else have this problem? Any advice?

-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

1,197. Posted:

You guys are reeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllly tempting me to get this :O

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,198. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

There are ways to stop them from moving, sometimes it may work...unless you REALLY want to keep them...then you gotta deal with...Time Traveling. lightning strikes
...Woah....its not even cloudy out, WTF? lol

Never mind, its actually about to storm here...c.an never really tells what going to happen here.
Ugh, stormy days are perfect for this kind of game too....T.T

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

1,199. Posted:

Nobodys_Angel wrote:

You guys are reeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllly tempting me to get this :O

I had no idea what Animal Crossing was when I picked up the DS game, and I loved it a lot. You wont be disappointed if you get this game. >:3

AuthorMessage

Konata

1,200. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

@Konata

How do you get your pics from the game on here again? Do you have them linked to your tumblr? :O

I do have it linked to my tumblr, but it won't let me post on my side blog for animal crossing so that sucks >_<.
What I do is take the pictures I want then go to the browser and to my gmail and I email them to myself. So I don't have to take the SD card every time I wanna take out the pics.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala