3DS Forum

Topic: "An Error has occured..."

Showing 101 to 120 of 153

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

101. Posted:

This is terrible. My 3DS doesn't have this issue (I always seem to be lucky when it comes to things like this). Unless it was stated and missed it, did any of you contact Nintendo about it?

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

SilverBaretta

102. Posted:

@JumpMad: Not......not really. This situation is nothing like the Virtual Boy problems. :|

I'm pretty sure I think I'm funnier than I really am.
10 Years of Kingdom Hearts
3DS Friend Code: 0301-9785-9580
Watch me and my friends play games! Now with better visual quality! (Still a little choppy though)

AuthorMessage

DF2506

103. Posted:

Corbs, well there goes that theory. Hmm.

SilverBlacktail and komicturtle92, have you updated your 3DS?

On the hardware side of things, do people leave their 3DS on all the time (on standby) or turn them off a lot? I suppose either thing could maybe cause a problem? lol. Let's just hope its some kind of random firmware problem I guess. Not everyone seems to be having it...

DF2506
" Virtual boy! lol! "

Edited on by DF2506

DF2506

AuthorMessage

SilverBaretta

104. Posted:

@DF2506: Yep, it's all updated and everything.

I'm pretty sure I think I'm funnier than I really am.
10 Years of Kingdom Hearts
3DS Friend Code: 0301-9785-9580
Watch me and my friends play games! Now with better visual quality! (Still a little choppy though)

AuthorMessage

DF2506

105. Posted:

Silverblacktail, thanks for the response. Its good to know that not everyone is having the issue. Though it does make you wonder. If some people who got the update are having no problems...does that mean this is a hardware problem? Or could it just be a firmware problem thats only causing trouble for some people? Hmm. This is a bit worrying for me...

Also, has anyone had the other problem that people are talking about, you know the whole thing about smudges or scratches on the top screen after having closed the system?

DF2506
" Kind of wishes he never heard of any of these problems. It would be nice to not have to worry about this and just enjoy the arrival of the 3DS..."

DF2506

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

106. Posted:

DF2506
" Kind of wishes he never heard of any of these problems. It would be nice to not have to worry about this and just enjoy the arrival of the 3DS..."

[/quote]
I know exactly how you feel. I was so excited then read this problem hours before I was going to buy the system. I get paranoid easily so it was terrible for me. I still bought one though and haven't encountered the problem.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

DF2506

107. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo, Good news there. Hope my experiance is the same.

This kind of issue especially bothers me right now because I just had to send my Wii in for repairs because it couldn't read discs. So you know, just hoping I can enjoy my 3DS when it gets here.

I should, hopefully, have the 3DS later today. I'm looking forward to it a lot; although I'm a bit nervous too.

DF2506

AuthorMessage

NintendoLee

108. Posted:

I had it twice on Sunday, since then I've not had it. Nintendo have offered to resolve the issue by me sending the console in but it's been working fine. If it were to get to every five minutes then I'd take it back to the shop I bought it from.

Be excellent to each other

AuthorMessage

RebeccaGunn

109. Posted:

Just had this error now too (in Monkey Ball). I've already updated so the launch day update doesn't fix this issue.

I called Nintendo and their Support Services seem largely unaware of this error screen, I mentioned theres threads about this issue and all he could suggest is sending it in for Nintendo to poke at. I'm not exactly keen on sending the system in for an error I'm not sure I'll even see again :/

RebeccaGunn

AuthorMessage

GEOFF

110. Posted:

Bloody firmware. The gaming world was better of without it.

Consoles are turning into PCs, unreliable pieces of junk.

Edited on by theblackdragon

GEOFF

AuthorMessage

Dragon_Warrior

111. Posted:

I have been holding off on getting the update because of this thread. My system is fine (so far) but it seems you either have the issue or not regardless if the system is updated. The only thing I am doing differently is that I do not have a 3ds game yet. I might break down and get the update so I can watch that 3D video.

If I get the error because of the firmware I'll know that it can be fixed with another update.

Dragon_Warrior

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

112. Posted:

GEOFF wrote:

Consoles are turning into PCs, unreliable pieces of junk.

Yet it is likely through Firmware that they'll be able to easily fix this problem.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

invmat

113. Posted:

GEOFF wrote:

Consoles are turning into PCs with Windows, unreliable pieces of junk.

Fixed

Guys, the only way the theory can be marked as untrue, is when somebody who hasn't updated gets the error. So far, this has not happened.

My Wii FC´s

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

114. Posted:

for what it's worth, people that actually know how to take care of their Windows-based PCs don't have problems....

If this happens to my 3ds at all, everything I bought goes back to Amazon for a refund. I've dealt with these types of shoddy-portable problems with the DS-lite and the DSi....not willing to do it again this time around. Nintendo may be great at making flashy, appealing stuff, but their build quality is in the toilet these days.

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage

Corbs

115. Posted:

Got this little piece of info from Nintendo's PR firm:

“U.S. day-one sales numbers for Nintendo 3DS were the highest of any Nintendo hand-held system in our history. The number of calls and emails received by our customer support center is well below the rate experienced during past hardware launches, and there are no widespread issues. As always, people who have questions or comments about Nintendo 3DS or any Nintendo products can visit our support website at http://support.nintendo.com or call 800-255-3700."

If you're having this black screen error message, I'd get on the phone and at least let Nintendo know about it.

Edited on by Corbs

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

116. Posted:

moral of the story: forum posts do nothing. contact Nintendo directly if you're having major problems :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Stereoman

117. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

DF2506

I know exactly how you feel. I was so excited then read this problem hours before I was going to buy the system. I get paranoid easily so it was terrible for me. I still bought one though and haven't encountered the problem.

[/quote]

it sound maybe weird but i find it kinda funny to experience that bugs , child disease etc
thats the thrill of pioneers ^^

And it didnt happen again only twice on last weekend , so its just a tiny not important bug it seems ...

cheers

Stereoman

AuthorMessage

Corbs

118. Posted:

It's been almost 9 hours of play and it hasn't happened to me again yet. Now watch, as soon as I post this it will happen again. LOL

And Des is right, don't just post about your problems, be sure you contact Nintendo so we can get this fixed.

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage

art_kevinc

119. Posted:

Anyone make 3DS or game replacements? Any differences or same error occurred?

3DS FC: 0173-1318-0187

AuthorMessage

nick_gc

120. Posted:

No problems with my 3DS so far. I've hardly turned the 3DS off, maybe two or three times since I bought it. But it usually remains on throughout the day and night.

3DS Friend Code: 3780-9004-3410
Wii Friend Code: 1025-8473-1612-7725
[Tell me if you add me!]
My miserable excuse for a Tumblr