Forums

Topic: "A system update is available!"

Posts 201 to 218 of 218

CosmoXY

Quick question - why do so many people think a messaging system is so important? Don't you have telephones, texting, internet, etc? The last thing I want when I'm playing SM3DL is someone (who I probably don't want to talk to anyway) sending me stupid messages on my system distracting me from my game.

I guess I'm old school, but I use my 3DS for games, not for texting my bff.

Cosmo 1547-5360-6061
Rock Safari - Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

DarkLloyd

Duney wrote:

Quick question - why do so many people think a messaging system is so important? Don't you have telephones, texting, internet, etc? The last thing I want when I'm playing SM3DL is someone (who I probably don't want to talk to anyway) sending me stupid messages on my system distracting me from my game.

im with you on this one but i think its because the majority of the users on here are under 15 ish so you cant expect thier parents to give them a cell phone to talk to random internet strangers on here

that and cell phone cost money feeling old yet ? lol

Edited on by DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd

Shane904

Duney wrote:

Well its fun to play games with drawings too - didnt you ever play finish the picturewith pictochat?

Shane904

LordTendoboy

Plus it's more convenient to simply open up text chat or voice chat through your game system while you're in the middle of a game.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

CanisWolfred

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Plus it's more convenient to simply open up text chat or voice chat through your game system while you're in the middle of a game.

Yeah this. Yes, you can run up your phone bill or just Skype, but it's much easier if your both playing a game to simply text or chat in that game. No need to pay extra and no need to use extra equipment.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

moomoo

Duney wrote:

So that there can be proper communication between players. If feel that the majority of people here, myself included, want a way to send a specific message to someone else, like a game invite, or to establish a certain time as to when to play a game. That way, the person would get it, and we don't have to randomly be online at the same time. Plus, 16 character messages are way to limiting.
However, what I want most is some voice chat. I can't understand why there is none, considering that there's a microphone on the system. A game like REM3d could use it big time.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

shingi_70

Mickeymac wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Yeah this. Yes, you can run up your phone bill or just Skype, but it's much easier if your both playing a game to simply text or chat in that game. No need to pay extra and no need to use extra equipment.

But Skype is free and I have unlimited Text and Data.

Also Swapnote isn't the answer. It doesn't muti-task as its not built into the OS.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LordTendoboy

shingi_70 wrote:

Also Swapnote isn't the answer. It doesn't muti-task as its not built into the OS.

Well maybe Nintendo changed their mind and decided to include it in a new system update...

[...

Bubbab5

Unlikely

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

Victoria

Duney wrote:

Quick question - why do so many people think a messaging system is so important? Don't you have telephones, texting, internet, etc?

I want it so I can post messages to the people I've made friends with here on Nintendo Life (since we still have no messaging system.) There are a lot of people here that have similar interests to mine and who like using their DS in creative ways like I do. I'd love to be able to chat with them outside of a puplic form like this one. A few people from here I can find on places like Divant Art, or through PassID and I can send them messages through those sites.
But I also get curious about the short 16 character messages people post in their friends list. I'd like to be able to wish people good luck on their exams, or ask them how they're enjoying a new game that I see them playing, or ask Soba how her gingerbread cookies came out I don't know these people in real life, but I'd like to be able to chat with them in a more friendly, personal way. My family isn't interested in talking DS with me .... it's nice finding people who are interested.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

SimonB79

Arcanum wrote:

Now all we need is a message system. And I'm talking messaging, voice chat, and text chat.

do u guyz think we will get swapnote within the next 2 weeks? :/

SimonB79

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0015-7850 | Nintendo Network ID: SimonB79 | Twitter:

SimonB79

also ... do u think nintendo will update the camera app so we can upload youtube 3ds videos? (like they did with the dsi & uploading photos 2 facebook)

SimonB79

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0015-7850 | Nintendo Network ID: SimonB79 | Twitter:

Arcanum

Duney wrote:

I don't think people want to call people they don't really know. people do add people they know personally, and yes calling those people you know personally would be better, but they also add people they don't know well enough to call them. So to talk to them and set up MK7 matches they would need messaging and the like.

Duney wrote:

The last thing I want when I'm playing SM3DL is someone (who I probably don't want to talk to anyway) sending me stupid messages on my system distracting me from my game.

Then turn off your wi-fi switch >_>

Currently playing:
3DS: KI: Uprising
Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"

Retro_on_theGo

Can someone help me out? I swear the update said I can receive new puzzle pieces via spotpass for the newer puzzles but I haven't gotten any. I've tried leaving it in sleep mode for a while and still no new pieces. I've recently gotten new pieces via street pass but not spotpass. Did I just miss read something?

LordTendoboy

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Can someone help me out? I swear the update said I can receive new puzzle pieces via spotpass for the newer puzzles but I haven't gotten any. I've tried leaving it in sleep mode for a while and still no new pieces. I've recently gotten new pieces via street pass but not spotpass. Did I just miss read something?

I have the same problem, and I haven't gotten any Mii's over SpotPass, so something must have gotten messed up during the update.

[...

the_shpydar

^IIRC, it said you can receive through SpotPass, not that you will receive through SpotPass. In other words, the functionality has been added, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you should have automatically gotten any yet.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Birdman

Just beat Find Mii II, and I've gotta say, SPOILER ALERT I really didn't see the 2nd quest coming, but, in retrospect, with all the new hats that were added, I'm kinda upset that I didn't see it coming. END SPOILERS

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.