Forums

Topic: 3DS XL in London 2012 opening ceremony

Posts 1 to 20 of 21

Mk_II

I was surprised to see the 3DS XL play such a prominent and recognizable role in the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics. It was clearly visible, in several instances and quite some time. Long enough to confirm that it was indeed the new XL model. Congratulations to the marketing division of Nintendo UK for this product placement of the year, right on the eve of the European launch and viewed by everyone in the world with access to a screen.

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Shworange

Really? It looked like the old 3ds model to me. It fit in quite perfectly in the digital revolution portion of the games

3DS friend code: 3780-9246-6946
NNID: yossarian22

Nintendo Network ID: yossarian22

Aviator

I don't think the 60,000 people in the audience noticed, nor did the millions of people who watched the ceremony care.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

6ch6ris6

lol havent seen it. pics, videos?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Victoria

When I saw the kid get out of the car with a hand held game console, I looked hard to see what it was. But when they zoomed in on him it was clear he had a 3DS by the circle pad. First thing I thought was, "STREET PASSES!!!"

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

Squashie

I believe it was actually an original Nintendo 3DS, a missed advertising opportunity by Nintendo!

Squashie, Video Games Journalist,
Nintendo Feed - Everything Nintendo, all in one place...

3DS Friend Code: 0345-0525-1420 | Nintendo Network ID: Squashie | Twitter:

iphys

I think it's just the kid that makes it look so big — I think I see the "3D" light in that picture, and there's no 3D light on the XL.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Miroku

Little kids don't need XLs. I remember seeing every little kid with a DSi XL. Wth are they doing with those?

With the route Nintendo's taking, it won't be too long until they follow Sega and start making Zelda games for Microsoft.

*For any U.S 3DS owner who doesn't want to pay tax when they buy things from the eshop, put your zipcode as 99551

Mk_II

think I see the "3D" light in that picture

i concur... i think you are right.
also, the border between top screen and edge of the console is too wide for an XL

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

6ch6ris6

its a normal 3DS. saw that immediatly.

lol i have no idea what they wanted to tell me in that part of the ceremony. but i never watch these things. olympia is so damn boring

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

iroxursox

man that is cool

friend code is 0602-6743-0345 i like TRAINS
proud owner of a wii u, 3ds, 2 wiis, and a ps3.
currently playing MGS:3D
proud owner of a minecrat server.

TheKingOfTown

I don't think anyone watching the olympics cared. Besides any of you who did of course.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

lord_hades

correction it was a regular 3ds because the whole thing was black there is no 3ds xl that is all black also if you look the system is too small to be an xl anyway

Edited on by lord_hades

i am hades true leader of the underworld. i must bid you ado

RR529

I was going to comment that it wasn't an XL, but I see that's already been mentioned.

I did find it surprising though. Not that it has any sort of importance, but that they actually showed something other than a smartphone (which is ALL you ever see kids playing on TV shows nowadays).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CommanderAudio

This is going to be controversial, but that opening ceremony was probably better than the 3DS XL itself..

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in ...

Banker-Style

That kid knows whats good for him.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

_Octoling_

A-Hungry-Banker wrote:

That kid knows whats good for him.

This.

Majora's Mask = Best Game Of All Time
3DS FC- 2380-2910-9753

BenAV

Yeah, I knew it was an original 3DS moment the second I saw it.
I did mention it straight away on the Olympics thread but everyone seemed to just ignore me.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.