Forums

Topic: 3DS VC Confirmed! Go nuts about the possibilites here!

Posts 121 to 140 of 192

SkullMan

Is the 3DS the only console that can play the gameboy games from the VC? I mean can I buy the GB, GBC, and BGA games and play them on my wii?

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

CanisWolfred

SkullMan wrote:

Is the 3DS the only console that can play the gameboy games from the VC? I mean can I buy the GB, GBC, and BGA games and play them on my wii?

No, you won't be able to play them on your Wii, just as you can't play DSiWare games your Wii. The two services are seperate.

But don't take my word for it, I ain't in the bizz after all. But with that said, I'd be surprised if they did let you play them on the Wii. It would completely kill the point of putting them on the 3DS.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CrazyOtto

It might be possible that we could get arcade games in 3D too, since Namco's Xevious was tested as a tech demo, and its said to be likely to be making its way to the 3DS shop.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

GamerZack87

Here's a few possibilities:

Pokemon Stadium (2) in the Wii Shop Channel! Imagine if the Wii and 3DS could link through Transfer Pak emulation!

An updated version of Mario Golf in the Wii Shop Channel utilising a Transfer Pak emulation! Finally filling the other four slots on the Character Select screen!

A selection of custom borders for Game Boy Series games tailored for each game (plus some common generic ones too)! Play with a game-matching or personalised frame!

A customisable colour palette for Game Boy games! Play with whichever colours you choose!

Classic arcade and console games by Nintendo in gorgeous autostereoscopy! Imagine Donkey Kong Country or Yoshi's Island in actual (read: illusory) 3D!

Maybe I can finally add Super Mario Land 2 to my collection again! I've missed the good times floating through the sky inside a giant bubble blown through a hippopotamus' nostril (makes it sound ick, doesn't it? )!

Edited on by GamerZack87

"Pay me 20 Rupees and I'll talk."
CHINK
"Never forget the comfort of freshly-washed shorts."

SkullMan

Mickeymac wrote:

SkullMan wrote:

No, you won't be able to play them on your Wii, just as you can't play DSiWare games your Wii. The two services are seperate.

But don't take my word for it, I ain't in the bizz after all. But with that said, I'd be surprised if they did let you play them on the Wii. It would completely kill the point of putting them on the 3DS.

How can we go backwards? Both SNES and Gamecube had ways of playing Gameboy games....in the end it makes you scratch your head why the wii wouldn't. When I buy things on the PSN store like an old favorite PSX game, I can play it on my PS3 or PSP. And I do both, I can play it on the go, or at home...and I can use the same save file as I transfer it back and forth.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

ray62

StarFox wrote:

I don't understand what you said.

sorry for the bad post. what i meant was it the game will be the same graphics but it will be updated with new pokemon and story to make it more exiting.

ray62

zezhyrule

ray62 wrote:

StarFox wrote:

I don't understand what you said.

sorry for the bad post. what i meant was it the game will be the same graphics but it will be updated with new pokemon and story to make it more exiting.

So pretty much take everything that was good about G/S/C and ruin it with 300+ more pokemon?

Edit: Well, that was kinda rude, but you get my point.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

So, rewrite the plot of G/S and add all of the current pokemon?

Yeah, that'd ruin it.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Hokori

I also forgot about Dragon Warrior 1-3 since I just got DQ9 it would be awesome

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

ray62

StarFox wrote:

So, rewrite the plot of G/S and add all of the current pokemon?

Yeah, that'd ruin it.

its just an idea and i also forgot to saw that its not like gold or silver but it will have the same graphics and different worlds and all the new pokemon. it would be a new game but made in gameboy color version.

ray62

Chrono_Cross

Call me stupid, but how much are 3DS games going to cost?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

GamerZack87

My best guess? We'd be lucky if they weren't at least the same as new-release Wii titles published by Nintendo.
Of course, they could be the same as (or a bit more than) DS and GBA titles before them, just to ease the transition. Where there's a will, Nintendo has a way

"Pay me 20 Rupees and I'll talk."
CHINK
"Never forget the comfort of freshly-washed shorts."

Xkhaoz

Yayz. I'm hoping for Faceball 2000 and an import of the prequel to X-scape, X. BTW NP, it's Power Ranger time

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Chrono_Cross

Mickeymac wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Call me stupid, but how much are 3DS games going to cost?

We don't know. They never mentioned it. Ever.

I was afraid of that. I find that ridiculous in my opinion that they announced everything but that.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Bass_X0

I hope link-up play is still included for those games that used it.

Imagine Pokemon never being released because you could not link up to another 3DS to trade Pokemon.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Robo-goose

Wario Land, Wario Land, Wario Land, Wario Land, Wario Land.

"I'm a heartbreaker...
My name... Charles." -The Greatest Man In Driftveil City

LuWiiGi

Xkhaoz wrote:

Yayz. I'm hoping for Faceball 2000 and an import of the prequel to X-scape, X. BTW NP, it's Power Ranger time

X would be awesome. I would love to play that.

No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

WarioWare: DIY: FC - 0904 7088 3011
Favourite users: PunnyGuy, StarBoy91, cloudcult10, Xkhaoz, Dragoon, DannyBoy, NintyFan, NintendoPurist, Sadman, Wooperman1, Golgo, GamesX99, turtlelink. The rest of you are cool too, though.

JoeDiddley

I want Kirby's Pinball Land. Love that game. Might go play it on my Gameboy now.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.