Forums

Topic: 3DS Update 5.0.0

Posts 21 to 38 of 38

Kyloctopus

@Knuckles I suppose my 3DS was in the middle of updating when I closed it. On the Home Menu.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

BenjaMAX

My girlfriend's 3DS failed the update but mine was fine. I've seen heaps of forums now with many people having the same problem :/

BenjaMAX

3DS Friend Code: 2148-8166-8378 | Nintendo Network ID: BenjaMAX

McGruber

I wouldn't worry about it too much because from what I can tell next to nothing noticable was changed... Where is my Miiverse on 3DS?

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

kereke12

yea the only thing i notice is the internet loading bar is on the top but other then that nothing and i also deleted myamoto by mistake can anyone help and let just hope nintendo does a direct

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

Neram

They're not putting Miiverse on PC, phones or 3DS. They're making a Miiverse website that's accessible FROM those platforms using web browsers. Miiverse is browser based.

EDIT: I must admit that I am assuming that. It just seems like something Nintendo would do rather than create an app, integrate it into the 3DS Menu, or make a program for PC.

Edited on by Neram

Neram

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3245-5802 | Nintendo Network ID: Neramclann

noname001

Assuming is not a wise thing to do.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/01/23/nintendo-is-working-on-a-mob...

Iwata stated they will be making it accessible via browser, and they are making an app for smart phones.

I'm not sure about 3DS those, regarding whether it will be purely browser based, an application, or an overhaul of the whole OS. But Miyamoto has made comments about how fun it will be make Miiverse posts about Animal Crossing New Leaf. So at the very least, they will be adding 3DS games to it, rather than just looking at WiiU topics.

noname001

Neram

No, you're right it's not a wise thing to do, but I'm not entirely wrong am I?

That's good they're actually making an app for smart phones. I hope they'll do the same thing for 3DS though, as using the web browser might be a bit irksome. Considering they updated the web browser just now, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that's what they might do.

Neram

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3245-5802 | Nintendo Network ID: Neramclann

RR529

Yeah, it's just a few small changes to the web browser, and the font of the eShop's logo is a bit different, from what I can tell.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

golephish

Finally broke away from luigi's mansion to take a nap, and I saw the update. Off to google I go. I see people having issue with the 5.0.0 update and getting error messages. I have yet to update, but have seen where holding left bumper right bumper up on dpad and a will allow the system to update. Have you guys updated yet?

NEW 3DS XL FC: 5172-0274-7263

Twitter:

marc_max

For those who have a bricked 3DS, just turn on the console while holding L+R+up+A. This will bring the update screen and you will be able to fix the console!

marc_max

DaveGX

Hmm, an update so soon and I've been off and on the eShop hereand there, my system nevereven gave me the notification, unless it's not supposed to? Ah well, seems like this update's gonna take a little while anyway. uUdating now, about halfway through....

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

dartmonkey

For me all apps/games are opening fractionally quicker. The black and red splash screen disappearing a second or two faster.

dartmonkey

Twitter:

New_3DaSh_XL

Neram wrote:

No, you're right it's not a wise thing to do, but I'm not entirely wrong am I?

That's good they're actually making an app for smart phones. I hope they'll do the same thing for 3DS though, as using the web browser might be a bit irksome. Considering they updated the web browser just now, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that's what they might do.

iirc, Nintendo's making aWebsite for smartphone users that'll function as MiiVerse because that's faster than making an app, then when they finish the app, it'll be, well, an app.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Knuckles

marc_max wrote:

For those who have a bricked 3DS, just turn on the console while holding L+R+up+A. This will bring the update screen and you will be able to fix the console!

Thats pretty cool, but where did you learn this?

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

6ch6ris6

i read on ign that with this update miyamoto will come to streetpass plaza as a mii. i cant find him.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

GuSolarFlare

did this last update change anything(other than the data transfer retail to digital thing)?

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

LyIa

A little out-of-context, but I can confirm that this isn't anti-piracy as far as I know. 4.5.0-10 blocked 9 known flashcarts, but all flashcarts working on 4.5.0-10 still work (no, they don't play 3DS games, those haven't been invented yet, and hopefully they never will). I just thought this was interesting, It's just something I stumbled upon while searching for the 5.0 changelog.

all men are kings 👑

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.