Forums

Topic: 3DS Update 5.0.0

Posts 1 to 20 of 38

Shane904

New 3ds update. Only thing I noticed is it changes the eShop's font to match the Wii U's eShop font. The eShop is still down for me.

Note: Also, got Europe's Luigis mansion puzzle swap puzzle, and miyamoto special mii.

Edited on by Shane904

Shane904

SubBronze

There must be some sort of major hidden update if they are going from 4 to 5, probably just more anti-piracy though... Or maybe adding links to the Wii U eShop they're going to unlock later?

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

dings

eShop is back up!

dings

Shane904

Thanks dings. Actually found the update because I was trying to get Mutant Mudds on sale.

Btw i don't notice any GUI difference in the browser?

Shane904

Knuckles

@sak904 It has added in the blue/orange bars from the DSi Browser, (its visible on non moblie sites) the speed appears to be increased, and the loading now takes place on the top of the 3DS top screen, instead of the botton of the top screen.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

LyIa

Bulby wrote:

probably just more anti-piracy though...

That seems likely. Or MIIVERSE! Nintendo's kept us waiting for a loooooong time.

all men are kings 👑

Mewtwo21

yup hopefully this is in preparations for miiverse. nothing big in this update.

Mewtwo21

3DS Friend Code: 0645-6093-0849 | Nintendo Network ID: Mewtwo21

Epicnessofme99

I think it may be Miiverse as well, they haven't done a Nintendo Direct in a while and I think right before Spring Break would be a fantastic time to do one so I figure if it was something major they'd inform us then.

Nintendo Network ID: Epicnessofme Feel free to add me :D
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9343-5065

Nintendo Network ID: Epicnessofme

Mewtwo21

It changed the "add on content" thing in Data Management to "Downloadable Content"

Mewtwo21

3DS Friend Code: 0645-6093-0849 | Nintendo Network ID: Mewtwo21

Kyloctopus

We're all guessing Miiverse, but I could've sworn they wanted to put it on PC and Phone first
I mean, it may pave the way but lets not blindly assume something that may just be another firmware. Also an update that would have to do anything with Miiverse would take more than 5 seconds, to update.
After all, with rumours of people hacking onto 3DS, maybe Nintendo just wanted to improve on their defenses.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Squiggle55

This update just broke my 3ds. I was prompted to update when I tried to enter the eshop. Right before it finished it said there was an error and to turn off my 3DS. Now it won't let me open the eshop or system settings without giving me an error and saying turn off your 3DS. What the heck! I've already seen someone else say the exact same thing. I seriously recommend waiting to update until this is figured out.

Edited on by Squiggle55

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Magikarp3

Haven't we assumed the last 5-6 updates were all paving the way for MiiVerse?

I wouldn't put it too far past a security update. I could hope that it might tie digital downloads to accounts rather than systems, but that's definitely wishful thinking

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Knuckles

Squiggle55 wrote:

This update just broke my 3ds. I was prompted to update when I tried to enter the eshop. Right before it finished it said there was an error and to turn off my 3DS. Now it won't let me open the eshop or system settings without giving me an error and saying turn off your 3DS. What the heck! I've already seen someone else say the exact same thing. I seriously recommend waiting to update until this is figured out.

I say its necessary, as it won't let you access the eShop.
Anyway, you might just need to let your 3DS take a break. Try it again tomorrow.

@Whirlpool This update took 5-10 minutes for me. Started out very slow, then slowly sped up, finishing with small jumps.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

Squiggle55

@knuckles good point, as you wouldn't be able to access the eshop either way. But having a malfunctioning system is by far a more frustrating feeling. Something went wrong with this update for me and others. I would strongly recommend waiting to update the system in case this issue involves requiring a repair.

Edited on by Squiggle55

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.