3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Update 5.0.0

Showing 1 to 20 of 38

AuthorMessage

Shane904

1. Posted:

New 3ds update. Only thing I noticed is it changes the eShop's font to match the Wii U's eShop font. The eShop is still down for me.

Note: Also, got Europe's Luigis mansion puzzle swap puzzle, and miyamoto special mii.

Edited on by Shane904

Check out my free Android app, Paddle Ball!
Google Play Store | Amazon Appstore

[Check out Reviews by Shane!]

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

2. Posted:

There must be some sort of major hidden update if they are going from 4 to 5, probably just more anti-piracy though... Or maybe adding links to the Wii U eShop they're going to unlock later?

Edited on by Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

Knuckles

3. Posted:

The web browser is updated, but its just a little cosmetic. No youtube, and you still can't download adobe.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward
eShop Gurus
The 7 Emeralds are the servers. Chaos is power, enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos. -Tikal

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux27

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

4. Posted:

I thought this might finally have been Miiverse and I was disappointed. I can't noticing anything different. Just behind the scene stuff.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

dings

5. Posted:

eShop is back up!

dings

AuthorMessage

Knuckles

6. Posted:

@dings Thanks, time to look!

The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward
eShop Gurus
The 7 Emeralds are the servers. Chaos is power, enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos. -Tikal

AuthorMessage

Knuckles

7. Posted:

Well, the only changes I notice are the eShop font, and the web browser. Maybe this update paved the way for Miiverse?

The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward
eShop Gurus

AuthorMessage

Shane904

8. Posted:

Thanks dings. Actually found the update because I was trying to get Mutant Mudds on sale.

Btw i don't notice any GUI difference in the browser?

Check out my free Android app, Paddle Ball!
Google Play Store | Amazon Appstore

[Check out Reviews by Shane!]

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

9. Posted:

Yeah, I'm thinking it paved the way for SOMETHING big, HOPEFULLY MiiVerse.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

Knuckles

10. Posted:

@sak904 It has added in the blue/orange bars from the DSi Browser, (its visible on non moblie sites) the speed appears to be increased, and the loading now takes place on the top of the 3DS top screen, instead of the botton of the top screen.

The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward
eShop Gurus

AuthorMessage

Cyb3Rnite

11. Posted:

Bulby wrote:

probably just more anti-piracy though...

That seems likely. Or MIIVERSE! Nintendo's kept us waiting for a loooooong time.

Dreaming, forever longing, that someday Nintendo would make a MOBA-type game.

Currently playing: League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm, Super Smash Bros. Kerfuffle (3DS), Mass Effect 3
Things I probably should be making progress on: Rune Factory 4, Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Gods Eater Burst

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0880-9460 | Nintendo Network ID: Cyb3Rnite

AuthorMessage

Mewtwo21

12. Posted:

yup hopefully this is in preparations for miiverse. nothing big in this update.

Mewtwo21

3DS Friend Code: 0645-6093-0849 | Nintendo Network ID: Mewtwo21

AuthorMessage

Epicnessofme99

13. Posted:

I think it may be Miiverse as well, they haven't done a Nintendo Direct in a while and I think right before Spring Break would be a fantastic time to do one so I figure if it was something major they'd inform us then.

Nintendo Network ID: Epicnessofme Feel free to add me :D
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9343-5065

Nintendo Network ID: Epicnessofme

AuthorMessage

Mewtwo21

14. Posted:

It changed the "add on content" thing in Data Management to "Downloadable Content"

Mewtwo21

3DS Friend Code: 0645-6093-0849 | Nintendo Network ID: Mewtwo21

AuthorMessage

Kyloctopus

15. Posted:

We're all guessing Miiverse, but I could've sworn they wanted to put it on PC and Phone first
I mean, it may pave the way but lets not blindly assume something that may just be another firmware. Also an update that would have to do anything with Miiverse would take more than 5 seconds, to update.
After all, with rumours of people hacking onto 3DS, maybe Nintendo just wanted to improve on their defenses.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

Squiggle55

16. Posted:

This update just broke my 3ds. I was prompted to update when I tried to enter the eshop. Right before it finished it said there was an error and to turn off my 3DS. Now it won't let me open the eshop or system settings without giving me an error and saying turn off your 3DS. What the heck! I've already seen someone else say the exact same thing. I seriously recommend waiting to update until this is figured out.

Edited on by Squiggle55

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

17. Posted:

Haven't we assumed the last 5-6 updates were all paving the way for MiiVerse?

I wouldn't put it too far past a security update. I could hope that it might tie digital downloads to accounts rather than systems, but that's definitely wishful thinking :(

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Knuckles

18. Posted:

Squiggle55 wrote:

This update just broke my 3ds. I was prompted to update when I tried to enter the eshop. Right before it finished it said there was an error and to turn off my 3DS. Now it won't let me open the eshop or system settings without giving me an error and saying turn off your 3DS. What the heck! I've already seen someone else say the exact same thing. I seriously recommend waiting to update until this is figured out.

I say its necessary, as it won't let you access the eShop.
Anyway, you might just need to let your 3DS take a break. Try it again tomorrow.

@Whirlpool This update took 5-10 minutes for me. Started out very slow, then slowly sped up, finishing with small jumps.

The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward
eShop Gurus

AuthorMessage

Squiggle55

19. Posted:

@knuckles good point, as you wouldn't be able to access the eshop either way. But having a malfunctioning system is by far a more frustrating feeling. Something went wrong with this update for me and others. I would strongly recommend waiting to update the system in case this issue involves requiring a repair.

Edited on by Squiggle55

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage

Knuckles

20. Posted:

@Squiggle Well, I'm not trying to disagree, but the update worked fine with me, so it seems this only effected a small unfortunate few.

The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward
eShop Gurus