Forums

Topic: 3DS to Cost $200!

Posts 121 to 133 of 133

the_shpydar

MysteriousVoice wrote:

I am estimating 270. They really cant just yank back the price fifty bucks.
Fifty bucks is alot of money, if it was subtracted from every 3DS purchase. It adds up.

True. But it also potentially establishes a higher install base, which leads to greater software sales. And i'd wager that even at 250 USD, Ninty would still be seeing a profit on each unit sold.

They are probably still considering what US price point to launch at, which will be primarily driven my market analysts who focus on the tech markets, who will then advise as to what the "sweet spot" for most American consumers will be.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

LzWinky

MysteriousVoice wrote:

Fifty bucks is alot of money, if it was subtracted from every 3DS purchase. It adds up.

$50 was subtracted from the Wii's price (from Japan to US) and they were still making money on each sale

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Peznaze

lz2010 wrote:

MysteriousVoice wrote:

$50 was subtracted from the Wii's price (from Japan to US) and they were still making money on each sale

Um, no, it wasn't. The dollar was trading for 117.73 yen back on November 17, 2006. (the 19th was a weekend) On that date, 25000 yen was worth only $212.05.
Today, the exchange rate is much different and 25000 yen is closer to $300, as we've been hearing nonstop.
In six months, when the 3DS launches? Who knows? 25000 yen might be worth $700! Maybe it'll be worth a buck and a half!

In short, I agree, exchange rate has nothing to do with pricing, but it's not the same financial situation now that existed four years ago, so all bets are off until we hear something official from Reggie.

Peznaze

R-L-A-George

Probably going to be less than $300 in America.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

MysteriousVoice

Seriously. That is a speculation. Not confirmed.

A Mysterious Voice suddenly speaks out to you....
......Whos there?

qsdsd

I think it will be $300

qsdsd

JadeGirl

MysteriousVoice wrote:

Seriously. That is a speculation. Not confirmed.

It might be a rumor but I really believe this is facts even though it is a rumor. If it cost 300$ theres no way my parents are going to get me a 3DS. Lets pray it cost 250$.

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

DannyBoyTheDude

I would skip Christmas altogether if it meant I could get the 3DS when it came out. Hm... That might not be such a bad idea.

the_shpydar

Ninty knows how to do business in the US. Frankly, given the current poor economic climate, I'd be very surprised if it's over $250. They could position it at $300, and it would still sell, but i think it's very unlikely. They may however go for some middle point, like $260 or $270.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

SuperMarioFan96

JadeGirl wrote:

Well here is everyones answer the the price, look no further.

250!!!!!!!!!!
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20018181-17.html

He also said that there's "no way" this can release in March because of "the way Nintendo does things." While I do think that it will launch for $250 here, I wouldn't trust anything Patchr says as "fact."

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

JadeGirl

I can tell you now if its 300$ I'm going to wait for about a year after it has been released, theres just no way my parents are going to buy a 3DS for 300$ I can tell you now that a lot of poor people are not going to buy the 3DS for 300$ and Nintendo knows that.

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

SkullMan

zezhroom wrote:

$250 seems fair, though I just bought a PS3 for $300, and we all can agree that is the better console, sans the Nintendo software.

Okay, we really can't.

Man I got mine when they were still $600.

i think $300 for the 3DS is a fair price considering all you get with it and for it. I mean the first real 3d console on the market, plus vc gameboy games...you can't go wrong.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.