Otaku wrote:

Well we will find out in 24 hours or less

Approximately 7 hours to be exact

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

YoshiSage

Seems like a fair deal.

I'm gone. Good f*cking bye.

Peznaze

Wow, rumors were waaaay off. It's going to cost at least $250! (And not until spring, either.)

Edited on by Peznaze

Peznaze

cheapogamer4life

That's just great! I knew this wasnt gonna be true though for the simple fact that nobody else is doing 3D games, movies, and pictures on a handheld.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

HolyMackerel

WaltzElf wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

Well one thing's for sure: Nintendo isn't stupid enough to sell devices at a loss per unit. (Unlike Microsoft and Sony. ) So I expect the price to be reasonable, but nothing particularly low.

It's not stupid, and loss leading is a well established and effective business strategy in all kinds of areas - retail being another one - not just games.

Most enterprise tech hardware is sold into organisations on a no-margin or loss leading strategy too, and the money is made back in associated services.

True. Nintendo does make large returns from software sales and licensing. It must be the same for Sony and Microsoft.

I'm pretty sure the 3DS' price being over $200 isn't a surprise to anyone. Especially if you consider the immense amount of features you are going to get with the device.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

romulux

it's worth noting that the price of the 3DS, ¥25,000, is also what the wii sold for at launch in japan. that figure was adapted to $250 for the west, so maybe the 3DS will retail here for that price as well.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Robo-goose

It's just as I thought, 250$. That's an exceptable price for me.

"I'm a heartbreaker...
My name... Charles." -The Greatest Man In Driftveil City

Rensch

It's already been removed. I've experienced that Bart Smit uses estimate prizes on their website or leaflets before, anyway.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Slapshot

Ive said $250-300 the whole time

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Kid_A

JesusSaves wrote:

Robo-goose wrote:

It's just as I thought, 250$. That's an exceptable price for me.

Actually it's currently at $300. We have no idea what it will be here, if there will be a pack-in game, etc. I would expect a pack in game and 3DS to sell for $300.

Seems fairly resonable. Pretty high for a handheld, but with the crazy amount of features this thing is packing (and the strong possibility for a pack-in game, as you mentioned) I don't think it's completely ridiculous.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Nintendokid

I know the actual price but it's alot higher then when the Wii lanched the price is $298 yep I'm not so happy with the price my self but that's just Nintendo.

Wii Number:2858-9153-6557-3624
Mario Kart Wii friend code:2751-6275-1011
Pokemon Soulsilver friend code:1806-5793-6796

mark3

i hope its in the $225-250 range, then i could get it first thing. I just hope nintendo don't let other companies bring bad games to the 3ds like the wii.

3DS Friend Code:0688-5251-4891

Kyloctopus

Why does it matter, if other companies get into it? (Which they are) Ignore those 3rd party products. Sonic is awesome, Street Fighter is, Metal Gear Is

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

romulux

Nintendokid wrote:

it's alot higher then when the Wii lanched

it's not. same price.

Kid_A

I want to complain...but when I see Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Metal Gear Solid and Paper Mario in 3D it's kind of tough.
And did I mention Metal Gear Solid in mother effin 3D??

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Kyloctopus

I guess this is what we should expect from Nintendo now $300, and the games will probably be $50.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

the_shpydar

I think they'll scale it back to $250 for the US market.

Games could certainly be $50, though, but since that's the standard Wii game price-point, i'd expect $45 as the base.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

MysteriousVoice

I am estimating 270. They really cant just yank back the price fifty bucks.
Fifty bucks is alot of money, if it was subtracted from every 3DS purchase. It adds up.

A Mysterious Voice suddenly speaks out to you....
......Whos there?

zezhyrule

$250 seems fair, though I just bought a PS3 for $300, and we all can agree that is the better console, sans the Nintendo software.

Okay, we really can't.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

romulux

$250 is the sweet spot to me. any lower and they'd be getting ripped off, any higher and we'd be getting ripped off. $250 just feels neutral right in the middle.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.