Forums

Topic: 3DS to Cost $200!

Posts 1 to 20 of 133

motang

Quote form the form:

According to Dutch online retailer BartSmit.com, the 3DS will launch on March 15, 2011 for 169.95 euros; that's roughly £140 or $200 in American fun bucks.

source: VGChartz

Heck yeah that would be awesome!

NIN10DO

Twitter:

Kaeobais

I seriously hope so. However, I'm gonna take this with a few grains of salt. And some pepper.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

Cheezy

Not a bad deal at all! Nintendo is a company that knows how to treat their customers well.

Who Are You?

irken004

That March release date would be great. 4 days before my birthday!

Kaeobais

They could've sold this for more than 300 bucks and still sold millions, but if they do sell it for 200 ... that just proves Nintendo really REALLY loves us.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

StreetRat

I don't believe the release date is accurate, because Nintendo is supposed to announce it on the 29th. And they can keep things under wraps

Still rockin' the GameBoy brick. Yes, I do believe it's portable. It fits in my satchel.

3DS FC: 4596-9583-9911

Dicesukeinuzuka

Shadx wrote:

I seriously hope so. However, I'm gonna take this with a few grains of salt. And some pepper.

and maybe some mustard and mayonnaise, between two toasted freshly baked wheat buns...
and some pickles... *drools
OH wait what ... are we talking about?

call me Dicesuke Inuzuka, Daisuke, Dice, or Dai.
deviant art page:
http://dicesukeinuzuka.deviantart.com/

SuperMarioFan96

I seriously hope this is the price. I think this would be a sweet spot.

I'll say it again and again and again until it's just widely accepted or announced at on September 29 (or proven wrong on September 29 ), I highly doubt 3DS will be out this year because the demos of games at E3 were so minimal, I don't think enough games will be ready to be a launch lineup by the end of the year.

But we'll know on September 29.

Edited on by SuperMarioFan96

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

Saviour

$200? that would be great!

Saviour

armoredghor

You guys do realize that we're hearing this from a forum post of a rumors site of an online dutch retailer. Any of those could be fake but together the chances are roughly 1 in a million that it's accurate.

armoredghor

metakirbyknight

meh.

They'd have to beat the new iPod touch in price to be successful.

Just think, a mom is in the store. The 3DS and the iPod cost the same, and being a mom, she asks the people for help. She asks them which one does more. "The iPod does more" they respond. Then she looks at the games for the 3DS and sees them retailing for $30-50, and she knows that games for her iPhone cost $1. She picks up the iPod.

Face it, it's how it works. We'd still buy them as hardcore fans of Nintendo, BUT WE DONT MATTER. We are like 0.0002% of Nintendo's total market. Even if every single person on every gaming site ever bought one, it'd still flop.

Stalk me on my Twitter.
Proud Homebrewer.

irken004

metakirbyknight wrote:

meh.

They'd have to beat the new iPod touch in price to be successful.

Just think, a mom is in the store. The 3DS and the iPod cost the same, and being a mom, she asks the people for help. She asks them which one does more. "The iPod does more" they respond. Then she looks at the games for the 3DS and sees them retailing for $30-50, and she knows that games for her iPhone cost $1. She picks up the iPod.

Face it, it's how it works. We'd still buy them as hardcore fans of Nintendo, BUT WE DONT MATTER. We are like 0.0002% of Nintendo's total market. Even if every single person on every gaming site ever bought one, it'd still flop.

You obviously never seen a kid ranting to his/her parent's for something they would REALLY want, like a 3DS. By the time the parent's get to the store, the thoughts of their kid repeatedly saying "3DS 3DS 3DS etc." would scar them xD

Joeynator3000

...They're going to give the release date on the 29th?...Waaaah! That's like...FOREVER! lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Funky_Gamer

Thats it?

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

pikku

I really hope so, but I'm not gonna count on it, just in case Nintendo has something else in mind.Don't want to get my hopes up.
But I seriously can't see the 3DS being sold at a price any higher than 200, because the Wii is $200 now, and the DSi and XL are getting price drops soon, if they aren't dropped yet.

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

ASDFGHJKL

Wow, this seems like a legitimate source.

And also, an iPod Touch for kids seems like the best idea. Why spend 50 dollars on a game when a kid would appreciate a 1 dollar bare bones poorly developed game just as much. (Not to mention the free content)

As far as ive read, almost everyone who tried the 3DS really wants a 3DS. SO I guess if they can get people to try it, they can get people to buy it. Just show Call of Duty 3d and youll have the whole teenage market kissing your feet.

ASDFGHJKL

invmat

Guys, Bart Smit estimated the price and release date, they already said that. I was shocked when I saw the price and release date but it was just a guess so people that pre-order it would know when they get it and what it will cost them approximately.

invmat

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.