Forums

Topic: 3DS to 3DS XL transfer

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

RedDevilAde

I hope someone can answer this for me, Iost my 3DS a few months ago and decided to buy a 3DS XL as a replacement (annoyed that I'd lost all of my downloaded content). Since then I've bought quite a few things from the eshop (including New Super Mario 2 this morning). Much to my shock I've just this second found my old 3DS and want to transfer the old content from it to my 3Ds XL.

Can I do this without losing the content already on the 3DS XL, I don't want to transfer games to the XL and then suddenly find the existing purchases (like NSMB2) has been lost from the XL as it now is linked to the old 3ds purchases. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Edited on by RedDevilAde

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

19Robb92

You can't actually.

If you do a system transfer the source system that you transfer from (which will be your normal 3DS) will overwrite everything that is on the system you're transferring too (the 3DS XL). So, sadly, all the downloadable content on the XL will be deleted/replaced if you perform one - or vice versa.

It's a big annoyance, but that's how it works.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

RedDevilAde

Thank you, you have just saved me a lot of frustration, I almost wiped everything out

Edited on by RedDevilAde

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

19Robb92

No problem.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Pokefanmum82

It doesn't wipe the games though. All your eshop games from both systems will combine onto the source system along with the eshop balance. If you don't want to lose your streetpass data you just put the stuff from your SD card onto your computer and then put it back on the SD card when the system transfer is done.
Check out http://nintendolife.com/news/07/2012/guide_3ds_xl_system_tran...
It will tell you how to do it without losing anything or check out the support Page on Nintendo's website. It can be done.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.