3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS stylus hurts ?

Showing 21 to 36 of 36

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

21. Posted:

Never had any problems, yet. :P

I don't mind where it's placed, since that is where its original location was on the DS Phat. But I did like that you could just whip it out from the side, made it more convenient that's for sure, but it could just be they needed that room for the high tech stuff tucked away in there and the only viable spot was back at its original slot.

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

22. Posted:

xDemon720x wrote:

Never had any problems, yet. :P

I don't mind where it's placed, since that is where its original location was on the DS Phat. But I did like that you could just whip it out from the side, made it more convenient that's for sure, but it could just be they needed that room for the high tech stuff tucked away in there and the only viable spot was back at its original slot.

I used to have a DS Phat some years ago before my baby brother broke it in two against a wall. That being said, I don't remember having to reach over to the back left side, the worst spot they could have ever put it (me being right handed) when I had to use it back then. I remember it being in the back, but not on the left side. I remember it being on the right. If that's the case, then the 3DS stylus placement isn't where the original was. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited on by TeeJay

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

23. Posted:

I didn't mean exactly where it was on the Phat. I meant as in its original place, i.e. on the back of the console. :P
Also what is the point in that infra-red thingy by the stylus holder? I've seen one on the GBC to play multiplayer. But what's the point in it on a 3DS?

Edited on by Chris720

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage
Avatar

D33G

24. Posted:

Are you allergic to metal touching the skin for too long, like my Dad?

3DS FC: 1633-4209-9013
MK7 Communities: Race: 61-2419-4309-3787
Balloon: 52-9956-0588-5533
Coin: 30-4169-6281-0565

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

25. Posted:

xDemon720x wrote:

I didn't mean exactly where it was on the Phat. I meant as in its original place, i.e. on the back of the console. :P
Also what is the point in that infra-red thingy by the stylus holder? I've seen one on the GBC to play multiplayer. But what's the point in it on a 3DS?

Faster local multiplayer like in Pokemon B/W.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheAmazingRaccoon

26. Posted:

I don't like how slippery the stylus is. I am trying to play spirit tracks on my 3DS and every time I have to keep the stylus on the screen for any length of time (like playing those damned pipes) it becomes a chore.

It's just an empty pot...
.
.
No, wait!
There's something at the bottom!
It's just somebody's gum...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

27. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

xDemon720x wrote:

I didn't mean exactly where it was on the Phat. I meant as in its original place, i.e. on the back of the console. :P
Also what is the point in that infra-red thingy by the stylus holder? I've seen one on the GBC to play multiplayer. But what's the point in it on a 3DS?

Faster local multiplayer like in Pokemon B/W.

Ohh okay.

I like the 3DS stylus, but it feels very easy to break. But I do wish they did this sooner to be honest, a telescopic stylus is such a good idea, making it smaller to be put away and to be lost and for those tiny fingers while it can expand for manly fingers. :3

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage
Avatar

katysu

28. Posted:

I don't like the location of the stylus either, I find it awkward to remove, tho I've no problems with the stylus itself.

However I saw this pack on Amazon, officially licenced, 2 fat & 2 replacement styli all telescopic, plus 2 screen protectors.
The latter I could have done without as I already have Hori ones on, and the pack is not the cheapest.
Quality is good, I'm using one of the fat ones (edit: all plastic) & it fits in the case that I'm keeping the 3DS in.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Licensed-Write-Protect-Pack/...

Edited on by katysu

katysu

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Samholy

29. Posted:

anyone saw a plastic telescopic stylus ?

currently playing:
Final Fantasy IV DS
Ratchet and clank All4One
3DS : Sam : 3050-7590-3005

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

30. Posted:

katysu wrote:

I don't like the location of the stylus either, I find it awkward to remove, tho I've no problems with the stylus itself.

However I saw this pack on Amazon, officially licenced, 2 fat & 2 replacement styli all telescopic, plus 2 screen protectors.
The latter I could have done without as I already have Hori ones on, and the pack is not the cheapest.
Quality is good, I'm using one of the fat ones (edit: all plastic) & it fits in the case that I'm keeping the 3DS in.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Licensed-Write-Protect-Pack/...

I have that, both the protectors and styli are GREAT.
Seriously, the fat styli are very soft and confortable.
The other two are just as soft but they tend to shrink.

Though, i wasted one of the screen protectors because i thought it was for the top screen.... Big mistake.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Samholy

31. Posted:

katysu wrote:

I don't like the location of the stylus either, I find it awkward to remove, tho I've no problems with the stylus itself.

However I saw this pack on Amazon, officially licenced, 2 fat & 2 replacement styli all telescopic, plus 2 screen protectors.
The latter I could have done without as I already have Hori ones on, and the pack is not the cheapest.
Quality is good, I'm using one of the fat ones (edit: all plastic) & it fits in the case that I'm keeping the 3DS in.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Licensed-Write-Protect-Pack/...

the phat ones look quite good. i guess you have to carry it around unattached, but i got a carrying case that has a stylus holder, so i dont mind.

currently playing:
Final Fantasy IV DS
Ratchet and clank All4One
3DS : Sam : 3050-7590-3005

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

32. Posted:

Samholy wrote:

the phat ones look quite good. i guess you have to carry it around unattached, but i got a carrying case that has a stylus holder, so i dont mind.

They have holes on them so you can... like... attach it to your 3DS or somthing.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Samholy

33. Posted:

attach them ?
i dont recall seeing some strap holes on the 3DS. maybe you can...attach it to your... wrist ?
cute

currently playing:
Final Fantasy IV DS
Ratchet and clank All4One
3DS : Sam : 3050-7590-3005

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

34. Posted:

Samholy wrote:

attach them ?
i dont recall seeing some strap holes on the 3DS. maybe you can...attach it to your... wrist ?
cute

Funny, mine has two.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Samholy

35. Posted:

just checked, and yeah, there they are. theyre small. very small. i saw them before, but never thought it was there for a wrap or something.
more for a fishline

currently playing:
Final Fantasy IV DS
Ratchet and clank All4One
3DS : Sam : 3050-7590-3005

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

36. Posted:

Samholy wrote:

just checked, and yeah, there they are. theyre small. very small. i saw them before, but never thought it was there for a wrap or something.
more for a fishline

Oh i tried my original DS strap and it worked perfectly, it was actually more confortable because it is much closer to the wrists than before.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok