Forums

Topic: 3DS Sound and Street Passes

Posts 1 to 15 of 15

Victoria

I got a Street Pass hit today that lit up the 3DS Sound icon as well. If there's a song in there, I can't figure out where to look. Can anyone explain what I need to do? Or if this was discussed in a previous topic, could they point me in the right direction. (Sorry if it was..... I try to avoid some of the Street Pass topics because I don't want to read too many spoilers about the games and puzzles)

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

TeeJay

I honestly have no idea what the Streetpass feature in 3DS Sound is supposed to be for. All it says is how "compatible" you are with the other person in terms of what kind of music you both like. I thought it would be cool because I thought we'd get to hear other people's music and they'd get to hear mine, but I guess that's not the case.
As far as I know, the Streetpass feature in 3DS Sound is completely and utterly useless.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Grayfoxz

you need to get at least two hits before you get any apparent changes. It starts making a list of the songs and artists that where chosen as favorites the most times. That's all I've found so far at least.

3DS friendcode: 0903-2727-8412
Street Pass in my area: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-pass-bergen-op-zoom/153424258054131

TeeJay

Grayfoxz wrote:

you need to get at least two hits before you get any apparent changes. It starts making a list of the songs and artists that where chosen as favorites the most times. That's all I've found so far at least.

Yeah, but it's boring. Couldn't we actually get to hear what other people put on their Stretpass lists? I thought that was what it was for. >_>

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

SpentAllMyTokens

Actually exchanging songs to listen to could easily be construed as illegal music file sharing. I doubt Ninty wants to have the RIAA slap them with a lawsuit.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

Victoria

Token_Girl wrote:

Actually exchanging songs to listen to could easily be construed as illegal music file sharing. I doubt Ninty wants to have the

That's exactly what I thought. It seems insane to think they'd let us swap music with a stranger for free. But I started playing some music on mine, and found that it wasn't too bad. I added a few songs to the playlist, and now I've had a street pass .... but ....???? Now what? Hmmmm
fixed your code — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

theblackdragon

i'm pretty sure i read that the idea is to notify you when certain other people's musical tastes match your own somehow, though they said that actually sharing music would not be happening.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

JohnDoe123

I doubt the 3DS could send an entire song through streetpass, let alone five.

JohnDoe123

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0286-9394

bezerker99

I've streetpassed the same chick twice now and I get MK7 data and 3D Sound stuff from her. I haven't seen one name of a song this person listens too....but apparently we both like '80s music!! :winning:

Vincent294

No songs. Too much data & illegal, because it could be used as a means of pirating, so even if it was possible in a short amount of time, it could be misused, and I can't blame anyone for being against it. They'd have good reasoning.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

SMEXIZELDAMAN

People actually use streetpass?

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

shinesprite

If they were to keep it locked to the system and limit each song to oh, say 5 plays, I'd have no problem with that. I too thought that was the whole point (which was the whole reason I set mine up). So far, I have around 36 StreetPass tags and I've yet to see my Nintendo 3DS Sound app aglow.

shinesprite

sugarpixel

They could have just left streetpass out of this... it's pointless. I turned it off after passing the same two people over and over and nothing was happening. It doesn't hurt it, but still...

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Jono97

The idea of this feature is to say that you have the same songs to another person. This is really pointless. But, all you have to do is on the 3DS sound main menu, look at the bottom left corner which saids streetpass. Do not press the streetpass file.

Not extremely into nintendo at the moment, but not really into anything else either. :|

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6640-5759 | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.