Forums

Topic: 3DS Resident Evil: Revelations

Posts 401 to 420 of 548

jpfan1989

just got my copy, yesterday afternoon, just finishe chapter 3, the recap thing is a little annoying, but i see how it would be usefull if you only played a chapter a day

3DS:: 1805 2437 5220
Nintendo Network ID PhoenixFalconer

Raptor78

jpfan1989 wrote:

just got my copy, yesterday afternoon, just finishe chapter 3, the recap thing is a little annoying, but i see how it would be usefull if you only played a chapter a day

I liked the recap thing, but it would have been better only when you had started from a save point because it seems pointless if you play two chapters back to back. But, yeah I liked the recap. Made me think of it as Revelations being a TV series with a little cliff hanger at the end, twelve episodes and the episode recap.

3DS Friend Code: 2621 - 2654 - 6355

OnLive Player Tag: Raptor78

Heroes of Ruin online profile -
http://heroesofruin.com/profile/Raptor1978

http://passid.ca/raptor

currently playing: Heroes of Ruin

Nintendo Network ID: Raptor78

gaDronilDdos

Any reasons to play this through a 2nd time ?
I was thinking about starting a 2nd play through with harder difficulty.
Also I'm lvl 46 at raid mode. I still haven't done levels 12-20 on abyss yet, but if you need help with anything else, just leave me a message.

Edited on by gaDronilDdos

3DS fc: 3136-7253-6786
Currently playing RE: revelations
Please let me know if you want to add me.

jpfan1989

I just got to the chapter where you play as the two idiots,I love these guys.

Torchwood

You can skip the recaps by pressing Start, so it's not a big deal or anything. I beat the game on Normal, and now I'm on Chapter 2 in hell mode.

3DS Friend Code- 4725-7991-3379
Nintendo Network ID- ChameleonCircuit

Spoony_Tech

I actually like the two idiots to! Nice comic relief.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

LucinaSmash

Here's my reaction while playing Episode 8:

"Jill why are you swimming so slowly?"
(after discovering the method of repeatedly pressing the b button) "Yes I love this game again!"

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

romulux

SkywardL wrote:

(after discovering the method of repeatedly pressing the b button) "Yes I love this game again!"

...is that really a thing? ack... would have helped to know that before i finished the game.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

BenAV

romulux wrote:

SkywardL wrote:

...is that really a thing? ack... would have helped to know that before i finished the game.

Tell me about it. D:

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

jpfan1989

god i hate swimming levels period it doesn't matter what game it is swimming levels suck

that said, now that Ive finished the story mode, has anyone else noticed how none of the early Resi Rev material that we were teased with during production made it into the game.

Spoony_Tech

Tried raid mode for the first time yesterday and LOVED it!! That was a tense and exciting experience. You really need to trust in your partner at times on some of these boards. Only did levels 1-7 since that's all we opened up. I need to go back and S rank a couple of those but I don't mind going back in this game. Oh I really wish this game had voice chat! Thanks again samuraishyguy for teaming up with me! We need to do that again soon!!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

romulux

yep, raid mode is great. the later levels will make you absolutely hate those zombies that shoot darts at you, there are levels where 5 of them are sniping you from all directions while you're trying to fight two super-sped up bosses at once. i think you almost need two players to clear some of those segments easily. and somehow the ammo and health shortages in the harder difficulties are even closer to the old resident evils than the single player game was!

i've noticed that this game doesn't show up on the join list like mariokart does, seems kind of odd. you'd think if a friend had a session waiting that it would let you see that and join it from the friend list. makes it a lot harder to team up than it should be....

Spoony_Tech

Yeah I wonder why that is Romulux. It would be easier that way to join. Instead I just send a swapnote like I've seen some people do! Its not as effective but still gets the job done! We will team up soon enough!

MERG said:

romulux

jpfan1989 wrote:

that said, now that Ive finished the story mode, has anyone else noticed how none of the early Resi Rev material that we were teased with during production made it into the game.

yeah, that whole thing with jill and chris pointing guns at each other doesn't seem to fit anywhere in the story at all, i don't know what the plan was with that. and that video of rachel getting her s**t ruined never showed up either. maybe they pulled it when people made fun of her hair.

Edited on by romulux

Spoony_Tech

Well if that was the case good for them. At least they listen to their fans somewhat. Didn't anyone notice that Jessica got a whole new make over! Stupid look gone and she lost her implants!

Edit: I thought her name was Jessica? Is it Rachel now?

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

Ah I see. Don't know how I mixed that up since I'm on chapter 6!

MERG said:

Raptor78

WaveBoy wrote:

My copy won't be arriving until Feb 21.....This is the last time I pre-order from Amazon.
Should of hopped down to BestBuy or ordered from them Online instead.

Anyways, for those who have finished Revelations, how would you rate it when stacked up against RE4 & RE5?

Bearing in mind this is my 'opinion' and im sure others will have a completely different view ...
I enjoyed it better than 4 and most certainly better than 5. The whole episodic format works well on a handheld and the way the episodes worked was as if it was a tv serial, it ment you could play a chunk of the game and actually feel like that bit was complete, which as I said works well on a handheld.

The general feel of the 'main' game is more traditional survival horror like the first one but due to how an episode works you get flashbacks or parts where is cuts to another character and these are much more linear and action orientated that provide a bit of a break from the main meat of the game. This covers a range of resi fans and with how the trailer looks for Resi 6, it looks like thats how its going to work going forward (Leon / Jill investigation parts, Chris action parts , new character parts etc.) thus trying to get a better balance of puzzle, survival horror and action.

Revelations is better than 4 & 5 (im not the biggest 4 fan and hate 5) but not as much fun as 2 and doesnt beat the first one (well the RE:make anyway, lol)

3DS Friend Code: 2621 - 2654 - 6355

OnLive Player Tag: Raptor78

Heroes of Ruin online profile -
http://heroesofruin.com/profile/Raptor1978

http://passid.ca/raptor

currently playing: Heroes of Ruin

Nintendo Network ID: Raptor78

Spoony_Tech

This game is great but unless it totally wows me in the end is not better then 4 but way better then 5. I still wish it had more puzzle elements. Its still mostly action all the way. Where it has its advantage over both however is raid mode. I love it!!

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.