3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 981 to 1,000 of 1,831

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

981. Posted:

ChrisT99 wrote:

It's OK bro. Do you have either of the three 3DS games I mentioned earlier?

Only OoT3D. If you haven't played Oot before, go for it. If you have played it before, I'd say go for an original 3DS title.

BTW, I'm a big Paper Mario fan from way back (loved playing the original on N64), and I loved Sticker Star. A lot of the hate for it is unfounded, IMO.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

982. Posted:

ChrisT99 wrote:

Does the Circle Pad Pro help at all though?

The only purpose of the Circle Pad Pro in that game is to make it lefty-adjustable. It takes getting used to, but when you do it's very quick and precise after practice.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ChrisT99

983. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

ChrisT99 wrote:

It's OK bro. Do you have either of the three 3DS games I mentioned earlier?

Only OoT3D. If you haven't played Oot before, go for it. If you have played it before, I'd say go for an original 3DS title.

BTW, I'm a big Paper Mario fan from way back (loved playing the original on N64), and I loved Sticker Star. A lot of the hate for it is unfounded, IMO.

What would you say is the absolute best 3DS game out right now?

My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter: dj64mk7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

984. Posted:

ChrisT99 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

ChrisT99 wrote:

It's OK bro. Do you have either of the three 3DS games I mentioned earlier?

Only OoT3D. If you haven't played Oot before, go for it. If you have played it before, I'd say go for an original 3DS title.

BTW, I'm a big Paper Mario fan from way back (loved playing the original on N64), and I loved Sticker Star. A lot of the hate for it is unfounded, IMO.

What would you say is the absolute best 3DS game out right now?

My personal favorites are Tales of the Abyss & Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, but that's probably because I'm a JRPG fan.

As I don't know your preferences, I really couldn't say what would be best for you.

Out of Nintendo's own titles, I'd say Paper Mario: Sticker Star & The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D are the best I've played, but I also haven't had the chance to play stuff like Fire Emblem: Awakening or Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon yet, which are both supposed to be really good.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ChrisT99

985. Posted:

[quote=ChrisT99]

RR529 wrote:

ChrisT99 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

It's OK bro. Do you have either of the three 3DS games I mentioned earlier?

Only OoT3D. If you haven't played Oot before, go for it. If you have played it before, I'd say go for an original 3DS title.

BTW, I'm a big Paper Mario fan from way back (loved playing the original on N64), and I loved Sticker Star. A lot of the hate for it is unfounded,

What would you say is the absolute best 3DS game out right now?

My personal favorites are Tales of the Abyss & Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, but that's probably because I'm a JRPG fan.

As I don't know your preferences, I really couldn't say what would be best for you.

Out of Nintendo's own titles, I'd say Paper Mario: Sticker Star & The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D are the best I've played, but I also haven't had the chance to play stuff like Fire Emblem: Awakening or Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon yet, which are both supposed to be really good.

I've never heard of Tales of the Abyss. What is it like?

My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter: dj64mk7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

986. Posted:

[quote=RR529]

ChrisT99 wrote:

ChrisT99 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

ChrisT99 wrote:

It's OK bro. Do you have either of the three 3DS games I mentioned earlier?

Only OoT3D. If you haven't played Oot before, go for it. If you have played it before, I'd say go for an original 3DS title.

BTW, I'm a big Paper Mario fan from way back (loved playing the original on N64), and I loved Sticker Star. A lot of the hate for it is unfounded,

What would you say is the absolute best 3DS game out right now?

My personal favorites are Tales of the Abyss & Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, but that's probably because I'm a JRPG fan.

As I don't know your preferences, I really couldn't say what would be best for you.

Out of Nintendo's own titles, I'd say Paper Mario: Sticker Star & The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D are the best I've played, but I also haven't had the chance to play stuff like Fire Emblem: Awakening or Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon yet, which are both supposed to be really good.

I've never heard of Tales of the Abyss. What is it like?

It's a 50-70 hour JRPG (depending on whether or not you do side quests), with a colorful world, interesting characters, easy to learn battle system, and large world.

It's a PS2 port, so it doesn't have that great of a 3D effect, but that honestly didn't bother me. Also, Luke (the main character) is an annoying spoiled character at first (which turns some people off), but he grows over the course of the game, and his transformation from spoiled rich kid to selfless hero is a real strong point, IMO.

One of the series trademarks are the optional skits that become available every few minutes. Your characters will talk about everything from the task at hand, to what they ate for lunch, and everything inbetween. Again, these skits are optional, so you can skip them, but it really makes you feel like you have a group of unique personalities walking around on this quest to save the world.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

987. Posted:

ChrisT99 wrote:

What would you say is the absolute best 3DS game out right now?

My personal choice is definitely Kid Icarus, mind you I have yet to play Fire Emblem or Luigi's Mansion. It's switches between Sin and Punishment-esque Cabal/rail shooter and what I describe as a cross between a third-person shooter, hack and slash and SHMUP (only due to the pacing). The online community is active and there's a load of content. For lefties though, you probably want to get the Circle Pad Pro, but I'd say it's worth it.

Next would be Tales of the Abyss. RR259 described it well enough. I'm usually biased against ports but this is a rare-enough game on PS2 to warrant the port with no extras.

Then there's Resident Evil: Revelations or Professor Layton. The former is survival horror although it often genre shifts to action. The campaign is short (like 7-10 hours, second run 4-6) but Raid mode will last you long enough. However the Wii U version makes this obsolete outside of 3D.
Professor Layton is basically a point-and-click adventure game with a bunch of puzzles tossed in.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ChrisT99

988. Posted:

Kid Icarus is probably out of my range as the game plus a Circle Pad Pro would be over $60.

Tales of the Abyss sounds really interesting. I may look into it.

I played the demo of RE and I also have beaten ZombiU, so I can tell you that zombies aren't really my kind of thing.
I've heard that the Professor Layton games are really good, but puzzle games aren't really my thing either, so that's a pass.

GameStop has both Tales of the Abyss and Kingdom Hearts for $29.99 each.Which one should I get?
They also have a game called Code of Princess, has anyone played that?

My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter: dj64mk7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

989. Posted:

I'd go for Tales. KH has better graphics, but that's about it. For newcomers like me, the story can be convoluted (though flashbacks help), the camera is annoying at times (though easily fixed) and there are a few design flaws here and there. Plus, it's rather short though multiple difficulties encourage replays.

Tales is very lengthy, has an easier to follow story and less design flaws.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

990. Posted:

ChrisT99 wrote:

Kid Icarus is probably out of my range as the game plus a Circle Pad Pro would be over $60.

Tales of the Abyss sounds really interesting. I may look into it.

I played the demo of RE and I also have beaten ZombiU, so I can tell you that zombies aren't really my kind of thing.
I've heard that the Professor Layton games are really good, but puzzle games aren't really my thing either, so that's a pass.

GameStop has both Tales of the Abyss and Kingdom Hearts for $29.99 each.Which one should I get?
They also have a game called Code of Princess, has anyone played that?

Unless you're already a big Kingdom Hearts, The World Ends With You, or Disney fan, go for Tales of the Abyss.

TotA is longer, and will have an easier to follow plot (unless you're well versed in KH history), that I personally think is better than the one in KH:DDD.

I do think KH:DDD has the deeper gameplay, but if you can't follow the plot, that doesn't mean much here. I wasn't a big fan of the new Disney worlds on offer, and the game didn't get awesome for me until the final world (and that's because of the epic nostalgic boss lineup, that again, won't mean much to someone who isn't already into the series).

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ChrisT99

991. Posted:

Isn't there a demo of KH in the eShop? And I've never heard of The World Ends With You either, is that similar to TotA?

I've never played any of these games before, btw. All I ever played on Wii was the First-Party games and the occasional puzzle/board game my mom loves, but I hate. I really like RPGs like Pokemon and the Mario and Luigi series, especially the battles.

My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter: dj64mk7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

992. Posted:

ChrisT99 wrote:

Isn't there a demo of KH in the eShop? And I've never heard of The World Ends With You either, is that similar to TotA?

I've never played any of these games before, btw. All I ever played on Wii was the First-Party games and the occasional puzzle/board game my mom loves, but I hate. I really like RPGs like Pokemon and the Mario and Luigi series, especially the battles.

There is a KH:DDD demo, and although I loved the game itself, I didn't think the demo was all that great.

The World Ends With You is a DS JRPG (not connected to Tales in any way), and it's main characters play minor roles in KH:DDD.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ChrisT99

993. Posted:

I'm downloading the KH Demo right now, and it's amazing what you can find just by doing a Genre search for RPG in Nintendo eShop.

Is The World Ends With You worth buying even though there are so many 3DS RPGs out now?

My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter: dj64mk7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ChrisT99

994. Posted:

I just noticed there is a game called Unchained Blades, is that worth a purchase?

My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter: dj64mk7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shane904

995. Posted:

ChrisT99 wrote:

I'm downloading the KH Demo right now, and it's amazing what you can find just by doing a Genre search for RPG in Nintendo eShop.

Is The World Ends With You worth buying even though there are so many 3DS RPGs out now?

Good question. The answer is yes. The gameplay is probably the most creative and fun I've seen for that type of game. It uses the stylus and buttons in battles in a way that works perfectly. Decent story length, rockin' music.

KH:DDD can be played without playing TWEWY. However, it will make a bit more sense when you play DDD at the beginning if you have played TWEWY first. Oh, and it has a TRON themed world. That made it a day 1 purchase for me.

At your comment of Unchained Blades, it got a great review from NL.

Edited on by Shane904

Check out my free Android app, Paddle Ball!
Google Play Store | Amazon Appstore

[Check out Reviews by Shane!]

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ChrisT99

996. Posted:

Shane904 wrote:

ChrisT99 wrote:

I'm downloading the KH Demo right now, and it's amazing what you can find just by doing a Genre search for RPG in Nintendo eShop.

Is The World Ends With You worth buying even though there are so many 3DS RPGs out now?

Good question. The answer is yes. The gameplay is probably the most creative and fun I've seen for that type of game. It uses the stylus and buttons in battles in a way that works perfectly. Decent story length, rockin' music.

KH:DDD can be played without playing TWEWY. However, it will make a bit more sense when you play DDD at the beginning if you have played TWEWY first. Oh, and it has a TRON themed world. That made it a day 1 purchase for me.

At your comment of Unchained Blades, it got a great review from NL.

When you say it uses the Stylus AND buttons, does that mean it isn't left-hander friendly?

My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter: dj64mk7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shane904

997. Posted:

ChrisT99 wrote:

Shane904 wrote:

ChrisT99 wrote:

I'm downloading the KH Demo right now, and it's amazing what you can find just by doing a Genre search for RPG in Nintendo eShop.

Is The World Ends With You worth buying even though there are so many 3DS RPGs out now?

Good question. The answer is yes. The gameplay is probably the most creative and fun I've seen for that type of game. It uses the stylus and buttons in battles in a way that works perfectly. Decent story length, rockin' music.

KH:DDD can be played without playing TWEWY. However, it will make a bit more sense when you play DDD at the beginning if you have played TWEWY first. Oh, and it has a TRON themed world. That made it a day 1 purchase for me.

At your comment of Unchained Blades, it got a great review from NL.

When you say it uses the Stylus AND buttons, does that mean it isn't left-hander friendly?

Another great question. I'm a lefty too - and it works quite well! In the battles, for certain attacks you have to do patterns with the button. Something like Up-up-down-left. For left handers, you would just do X-X-B-Y. I didn't have any trouble with that.

Check out my free Android app, Paddle Ball!
Google Play Store | Amazon Appstore

[Check out Reviews by Shane!]

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Harrison_Peter

998. Posted:

ChrisT99 wrote:

Shane904 wrote:

ChrisT99 wrote:

I'm downloading the KH Demo right now, and it's amazing what you can find just by doing a Genre search for RPG in Nintendo eShop.

Is The World Ends With You worth buying even though there are so many 3DS RPGs out now?

Good question. The answer is yes. The gameplay is probably the most creative and fun I've seen for that type of game. It uses the stylus and buttons in battles in a way that works perfectly. Decent story length, rockin' music.

KH:DDD can be played without playing TWEWY. However, it will make a bit more sense when you play DDD at the beginning if you have played TWEWY first. Oh, and it has a TRON themed world. That made it a day 1 purchase for me.

At your comment of Unchained Blades, it got a great review from NL.

When you say it uses the Stylus AND buttons, does that mean it isn't left-hander friendly?

The d-pad and the buttons are mapped identically. You don't even need to change anything in the options. So to answer your question: yes, it is lefty-friendly :)

"We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by the depth of our answers." - Carl Sagan

3DS Friend Code: 4055-3525-4443

Twitter: Harrison_Peter

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ChrisT99

999. Posted:

Thanks to the both of you, @Shane904 and @Harrison_Peter for answering my question. I feel like I'm being a bother asking all of these, though.

Back on topic...

That is FREKIN" EPIC that they thought of us lefties from the start. It'd be nice if every developer did that!

My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter: dj64mk7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

1,000. Posted:

ChrisT99 wrote:

I'm downloading the KH Demo right now, and it's amazing what you can find just by doing a Genre search for RPG in Nintendo eShop.

Is The World Ends With You worth buying even though there are so many 3DS RPGs out now?

1 - don't trust the "RPG" label in the eShop. If a game has even slight elements of a particular genre, the developers will add that tag, so their game will pop up in as many different searches as possible (meaning non-RPG's pop up in an "RPG" search).

2 - The World Ends With You is supposed to be a fantastic game, but remember, it's a DS game, not a 3DS game. You can still play it, but it won't be graphically up to par with 3DS games, and won't have 3D (also, some say DS games look worse on the 3DS, and I think the game can be hard to come by).

3 - Unchained Blades is supposed to be great, but it's eShop only, meaning you'll have to have a larger SD card (since it takes up lots of space). Also it's a first person dungeon crawling JRPG, which are generally the most difficult types of JRPGs. It's supposedly more newbie friendly than most, but it will still be much more difficult than you're used to.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)