Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 941 to 960 of 2,670

RikuzeYre

Target has a bunch of buy one get X game for X amount deals and considering I payed 42$ for Tales at gamestop, I'd say hop on that deal quickly because the game is awesome.

RikuzeYre

AccessibleDaydream

RikuzeYre wrote:

Target has a bunch of buy one get X game for X amount deals and considering I payed 42$ for Tales at gamestop, I'd say hop on that deal quickly because the game is awesome.

Do they have one going on now?

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

RikuzeYre

They always seem to have one going on in video game deals. Just take on of their weekly things they send to everyone's mailbox and their in store promotions. Am I the only person who finds coupons for games?

RikuzeYre

Waann

Hello everyone!

I'd like some advice on the "So Many Games" promotion. My brother, my sister and I all have our own 3DS, and we're trying to make the most out of the deal. My brother got Luigi's Mansion 2, Castlevania and Fire Emblem; he's getting Animal Crossing as a free download. I got Fire Emblem too, I'm getting a physical copy of Animal Crossing for my sister, and I'll be getting AC as a free download as well.

I'm still not sure what my fourth game will be. Here are the candidates:

• Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins.
    I've tried a bunch of Lego demos (on the 360 and on the 3DS), but I haven't been impressed by any of them so far. They all feel very basic, and I don't have any particular attachment to the brand--I like the bricks, but that's it.
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon — Gates to Infinity
    Haven't played a Mystery Dungeon before. The demo for this one didn't exactly thrill me.
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
    I've already finished it on the Wii, and while I loved it, I'm not sure getting it a second time would be worth it. Eight new levels is not much, and they don't look very original.
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
    I've played it on the Wii but haven't got very far, because I found it hard to adapt to the control scheme. Having tried the 3DS demo, it looks even worse (especially since I don't have a Control Pad Pro). I could give it another chance, but I need to know if it's playable without a Control Pad Pro--if I have to pay an extra 15€ to get it, the deal isn't so interesting any more.

There. Does someone have an opinion on which game I should get? It'll basically be my real "free" game, but I'd still like to make the right choice. I can get DKCR3D and Mystery Dungeon for 10€ less than the others, by the way.

Thanks for your help!

Please correct me if I write something weird: English is not my native language. ;)
Colors!3D Username: Waann

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7214-5346 | Nintendo Network ID: FormuleWaann

Ralizah

Most of the people on this forum seem to be playing MH3U without the CPP. It's also fairly popular.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Spoony_Tech

@Waann What did you use to control tri with? Wii remote and chuck or ccp? I will say for MH:U that I do now have the cpp for my xl but other then the water battles on land the controls were fine. Most here like was said above will say the controls are fine for under water as well but I would disagree. You can get by but that wasn't enough for me. I wanted the full camera control experience so I had to have the cpp! The only other problem I see with you getting Monster Hunter is did you even like tri? If the only thing holding you up was the controls I will say its definitely worth getting use to them as this is one of the biggest and best games for your money content wise. Plus this game looks darn fine on the 3ds!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Waann

@Ralizah @OldMan-Tech I see. It's definitely the game that interests me the most out of the four. And for such a huge game, having it on a hand-held could be pretty comfortable.
@OldMan-Tech I did like the feel of the world. The other reason why I didn't play it much is down to circumstances--I had a huge backlog and not much free time, otherwise I'd probably have put a little more effort into learning how to play it. I used a CCP.

I think I've made up my mind. I'll play it without the CPP, and if I'll get it if I feel that it's needed. Thanks a lot for your answers!

Please correct me if I write something weird: English is not my native language. ;)
Colors!3D Username: Waann

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7214-5346 | Nintendo Network ID: FormuleWaann

CanisWolfred

ChrisT99 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

ChrisT99 wrote:

RikuzeYre wrote:

Why dont you try Target for Tales of the Abyss?

Just checked Target, and Heck no! Whereas GameSop has it for $29.99, Target is selling it for (pretty outrageous i.m.o.) $36!

How is $36 outrageous? It started out as a $40 game, and pound for pound, RPGs give you more bang for your buck than nearly any other genre.

If you don't have the funds for it, I don't fault you for skipping over it, but to say $36 is outrageous, is a little over the top, IMO.

The only reason I said that is because GameStop usually has the 2nd highest or highest price for all 3DS games.

If you think that's outrageous, wait until you see the Amazon prices...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RikuzeYre

You may like the lego game you may not. Get monster hunter, you can get the rythym down fairly quickly, its great on the 3DS. No one can tell me otherwise. I think the CPP is a rather superfluous attachment in the long run. Only game I could see myself buying it for is Metal Gear

Edited on by RikuzeYre

RikuzeYre

Ralizah

I want to replay Resident Evil: Revelations with the CPP XL one day. Honestly, the game controlled perfectly fine without it, but it would be interesting to try a different control scheme. It would probably really improve MH3U. Snake Eater 3D is virtually impossible to play without it.

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

I want to replay Resident Evil: Revelations with the CPP XL one day. Honestly, the game controlled perfectly fine without it, but it would be interesting to try a different control scheme. It would probably really improve MH3U. Snake Eater 3D is virtually impossible to play without it.

Did you try gyro controls with it. I found them much more accurate and didn't lose the 3d much at all when the sensitivity was up really high!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

So, I have yet to get Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, but am interested in obtaining it. Problem is, I also want to get Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D when it comes out. I don't have enough disposible income set aside for both at the moment, however. So, for anyone with prior experience with Dark Moon and the Wii version of DKCR, which should I get?

Tasuki

Well to be honest the 3DS version of DKCR will have alot more content than the Wii version so I dont know if you can compare that one to LM:DM.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ralizah

Tasuki wrote:

Well to be honest the 3DS version of DKCR will have alot more content than the Wii version so I dont know if you can compare that one to LM:DM.

I'm more concerned about gameplay.

Spoony_Tech

So I'm assuming you haven't played DKCR then right? Wow this is a tough one. Both are great games. For me DKCR plays more like rayman Origins then a Mario game which is a good thing imo. I guess you can't go wrong with either choice but just ask yourself would you rather play a great 2d side scroller in 3d or a slower but fun ghost catching game with puzzle elements! I ask myself which I rather have right now knowing and playing both and I would slightly lean towards DKCR and I'm not the biggest 2d side scroller fan if you can't tell!

MERG said:

Ralizah

OldMan-Tech wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Did you try gyro controls with it. I found them much more accurate and didn't lose the 3d much at all when the sensitivity was up really high!

I can't stand gyroscopic control when it is a significant part of the game, personally.

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I can't stand gyroscopic control when it is a significant part of the game, personally.

Normally I would agree as most game just shoehorn it in just to use it but I think its more like pointer controls then most people realize. Far more accurate then dual analog and I don't even want to use my cpp on it its that good! I do understand though where you're coming from. Metal Gear used it and it was forced and not good. Most other games did the same.

MERG said:

DarkCoolEdge

Waann wrote:

@Ralizah @OldMan-Tech I see. It's definitely the game that interests me the most out of the four. And for such a huge game, having it on a hand-held could be pretty comfortable.
@OldMan-Tech I did like the feel of the world. The other reason why I didn't play it much is down to circumstances--I had a huge backlog and not much free time, otherwise I'd probably have put a little more effort into learning how to play it. I used a CCP.

I think I've made up my mind. I'll play it without the CPP, and if I'll get it if I feel that it's needed. Thanks a lot for your answers!

I'd go with MH3 too, in fact it is the one I'll get free. A friend of mine has it without the ccp and he says it works fine and is easier than it was in the demo. Anyhow you could you the ccp in other games like RE: Revelations, Metal Gear or Nano Assault. I think it is worth it.

Or you can pick Castlevania. It's much shorter than Monster Hunter but it is one of the best games available for the 3DS.
Edit: ok, I've just seen that your brother already has it. Nevermind then.

Edited on by DarkCoolEdge

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter:

darkfenrir

Which one should I get? Kid Icarus: Uprising or Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon? I'm looking for something that can last me for quite a long time, since it's hard to find good games at my place, and I'm going to Singapore to buy one of those.

darkfenrir

rayword45

I haven't played Luigi's Mansion, but they're pretty different.

If you are patient enough to get used to the controls, Kid Icarus is a blast. Beating the campaign is 9-12 hours, achievements and multiplayer blasted that up to over 100 hours for me. Lots of content in that one.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic